PDA

View Full Version : US Senate

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Do they have nothing more to worry about than pro sports?

JasperDog94
02-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Do they have nothing more to worry about than pro sports? I look at it this way. The more time they spend on pro sports, the less time they have to raise taxes or give money away to other countries.;)

jason
02-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I look at it this way. The more time they spend on pro sports, the less time they have to raise taxes or give money away to other countries.;) or they could spend their time fixing things, like the economy - or $3 gasoline...

roger gidell (sp?) needs to speak up and tell them to shove it and fix the things that need fixin' and quit worrying about a guy who cheated to win a game they were going to win anyways...

JasperDog94
02-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by jason
or they could spend their time fixing things, like the economy - or $3 gasoline...

roger gidell (sp?) needs to speak up and tell them to shove it and fix the things that need fixin' and quit worrying about a guy who cheated to win a game they were going to win anyways... Here's the problem though: The NFL is exempt from anti-trust laws. The NFL is also a multi-billion dollar industry. If they start down a path of covering things up then it violates the law. Plus I'm glad to see congress stepping in. I want to know why the tapes were destroyed.

If it weren't for congress we wouldn't have gotten baseball cleaned up.

JasperDog94
02-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Here's another reason congress needs to get involved:

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3227245)

Panther One
02-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Baseball would have liked to have kept the steroids issue under wrap and dealt with it behind the scenes, as not to taint their product. The governement is responsible for really bringing it all out in the open and forcing baseball to fix it now. It has thus been a huge black eye for baseball and they've probably lost some fans forever.

I fully believe that the Patriots were guilty of more than what the public found out about, but the NFL does not want their product tainted. They don't want that black eye. Slapping the Patriots on the wrist and sweeping it under the rug was best for the league. They didn't want the public to know that the winners of three of the last five Super Bowls were extensive cheaters. I think congress knows something and is going to expose it. It doesn't matter if you're a professional sports organization. If you're a billion dollar business, you better run a clean operation or the government has every right to step in and take a closer look.

JasperDog94
02-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Baseball would have liked to have kept the steroids issue under wrap and dealt with it behind the scenes, as not to taint their product. The governement is responsible for really bringing it all out in the open and forcing baseball to fix it now. It has thus been a huge black eye for baseball and they've probably lost some fans forever.

I fully believe that the Patriots were guilty of more than what the public found out about, but the NFL does not want their product tainted. They don't want that black eye. Slapping the Patriots on the wrist and sweeping it under the rug was best for the league. They didn't want the public to know that the winners of three of the last five Super Bowls were extensive cheaters. I think congress knows something and is going to expose it. It doesn't matter if you're a professional sports organization. If you're a billion dollar business, you better run a clean operation or the government has every right to step in and take a closer look. Yeah...what he said...:cool: :cool: