PDA

View Full Version : West Trojans 08 schedule

trojan37
02-01-2008, 11:34 PM
I found out the West schedule a little while ago. We might as well be 2A, as many as Coach Wolf schedules every year.

Fairfield-Scrimmage
Grandview(2A)-Scrimmage

Non-District
Salado(2A)
Lorena
Groesbeck
open
Mexia
Godley(2A)

District

Glen Rose
China Spring
Hillsboro
Gatesville
Whitney

Old Tiger
02-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I found out the West schedule a little while ago. We might as well be 2A, as many as Coach Wolf schedules every year.

Fairfield-Scrimmage
Grandview(2A)-Scrimmage

Non-District
Salado
Lorena
Groesbeck
open
Mexia
Godley

District

Glen Rose
China Spring
Hillsboro
Gatesville
Whitney That's probably the easiest schedule in the state.

marlin fan
02-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Salado isnt that bad of a 2a school lol i wish i knew marlins schedule

trojan37
02-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Salado beat us last year. Very tough 2A school.

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah Salado definitely isn't a pushover. And look for Lorena to be improved. Their sophomores this year are a VERY athletic bunch. Might help to turn Lorena around. But yeah it is a really easy schedule.

trojan37
02-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Yeah Salado definitely isn't a pushover. And look for Lorena to be improved. Their sophomores this year are a VERY athletic bunch. Might help to turn Lorena around. But yeah it is a really easy schedule.

Do you have China's yet? I hear you still play Robinson. Nice to see at least one old foe stay alive. We haven't played Mexia in forever it seems like, so that will be a nice one to get going again. I think our schedule has us coming to your house for our matchup.

cshscougar08
02-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah ours is looking like this.

Farfield
Mexia
Robinson
Groesbeck
Marlin

I don't know our district order yet. No offense, but it probably won't matter. The Robinson game should be good. Always is. And that Marlin match-up should be interesting. We lost to them back to back in playoffs in 04 and 05 when they had Jeremy Sanders. Maybe we can extract a measure of revenge on them. Hopefully anyway. They are 2A.

marlin fan
02-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah ours is looking like this.

Farfield
Mexia
Robinson
Groesbeck
Marlin

I don't know our district order yet. No offense, but it probably won't matter. The Robinson game should be good. Always is. And that Marlin match-up should be interesting. We lost to them back to back in playoffs in 04 and 05 when they had Jeremy Sanders. Maybe we can extract a measure of revenge on them. Hopefully anyway. They are 2A.

cool lol i love yalls band!!!

cshscougar08
02-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Why thank you. As a band member that just warms my heart. Here's our total schedule with district

La Vega (scrimmage)
Salado (scrimmage)
Farfield
Mexia
Robinson
Groesbeck
Marlin
Bye
Hillsboro
West
Whitney
Glen Rose
Gatesville

I'm hoping we beat you guys marlin fan. I still remember Jeremy Sanders running about 100 yards on that last play in the fourth quarter in '04 to beat us in the playoffs. My freshman year. Man that hurt.

marlin fan
02-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Why thank you. As a band member that just warms my heart. Here's our total schedule with district

La Vega (scrimmage)
Salado (scrimmage)
Farfield
Mexia
Robinson
Groesbeck
Marlin
Bye
Hillsboro
West
Whitney
Glen Rose
Gatesville

I'm hoping we beat you guys marlin fan. I still remember Jeremy Sanders running about 100 yards on that last play in the fourth quarter in '04 to beat us in the playoffs. My freshman year. Man that hurt.

haha i have no idea how marlin is gonna look this year might be Chinas Year but i hope its not an easy win for yall lol

cshscougar08
02-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Should be fun. We've scrimmaged ya'll the past two years and both times it seems to be a match-up of ya'lls speed against our discipline. So those match-ups always tend to be interesting.

marlin fan
02-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Should be fun. We've scrimmaged ya'll the past two years and both times it seems to be a match-up of ya'lls speed against our discipline. So those match-ups always tend to be interesting. haha as long as its not like my freshman year when yall killed us at WISD

LH Panther Mom
02-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
cool lol i love yalls band!!!
Well, who wins the BN war? :nerd: :nerd: ;)

marlin fan
02-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, who wins the BN war? :nerd: :nerd: ;) China Spring all the way!!! i love military style bands!!! and plus like their fight song lmao

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 02:50 PM
the crap just hit the fans for Marlin_fan. He has someone to talk band to and know what he's talking about :p

BILLYFRED0000
02-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
China Spring all the way!!! i love military style bands!!! and plus like their fight song lmao

Well I liked CS band and dance team was not bad either. OUr band is decent but small and we still do corp style instead of military. But hey can't win them all. CS it looks like you guys have a district that will be tough but one you should win. Glen Rose is decent but your d is stout. Who is going to QB next year? Maybe you should talk ESkew into playing another year....

cshscougar08
02-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well I liked CS band and dance team was not bad either. OUr band is decent but small and we still do corp style instead of military. But hey can't win them all. CS it looks like you guys have a district that will be tough but one you should win. Glen Rose is decent but your d is stout. Who is going to QB next year? Maybe you should talk ESkew into playing another year....

A district that will be tough?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?! No offense to any of the teams that are in the new district, but after being in 17-3A for the past 8 years with La Vega, Connally, and Robinson, this is a patsy district. I have no doubt that we will win district this upcoming year. And we have been killing Glen Rose for the past four years. I haven't seen us beat them by less than 20. There is a very real possibility with this district and the defense that we will have next year that we allow ZERO points in district play. Brian Bell will be quarterback next year. He's not as versatile as Eskew due to his smaller stature, but his football IQ is through the roof. I guess being Mark Bell's son will do that for you. But if he comes through as a solid pocket passer, then another deep run is a very likely possibility.

formermbcouns
02-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Should be fun. We've scrimmaged ya'll the past two years and both times it seems to be a match-up of ya'lls speed against our discipline. So those match-ups always tend to be interesting.

Huh? Marlin's not as disciplined as CS? hehe j/k

JR2004
02-02-2008, 08:26 PM
A district that will be tough?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?! No offense to any of the teams that are in the new district, but after being in 17-3A for the past 8 years with La Vega, Connally, and Robinson, this is a patsy district.

I can't believe someone would call that a tough district...lol. Apparently they don't have a clue about the meat-grinder that 17-3A has been for so many years. I remember three different China Spring teams that I saw that were better than the one that made it to the state final this past season that couldn't even win the district. Y'all went from the roughest district in the state to one of the easiest.

cshscougar08
02-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Y'all went from the roughest district in the state to one of the easiest.

TOTALLY agree with you on this one. And that's why I kinda don't like it. I liked the tough competition that we faced each week. It definitely helped us in our run to state this past year. I mean like Cuero and Kirbyville were good teams last year and we killed them. Just cause we had faced good district teams.

jimmyceatworld
02-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Who's going to get 3rd in that district between Hillsboro, Gatesville, Whitney, and West?

cshscougar08
02-02-2008, 08:39 PM
I actually think that Gatesville's experience in 17-3A will get them AT LEAST that third spot. This past year was a major rebuilding year for them with a new coach and only 1 returning starter. Things should be different next year though. I'm looking for them to get it together and compete for that second spot with Glen Rose.

jimmyceatworld
02-02-2008, 08:43 PM
I actually think that Gatesville's experience in 17-3A will get them AT LEAST that third spot. This past year was a major rebuilding year for them with a new coach and only 1 returning starter. Things should be different next year though. I'm looking for them to get it together and compete for that second spot with Glen Rose.

I was thinking Gatesville had the edge. Hillsboro looks weak, and Whitney doesn't look much better. I don't know much about West, but based off their previous records they don't seem that amazing either.

cshscougar08
02-02-2008, 11:31 PM
I've heard that West lost a lot of key people and that their juniors this year were not that great. But that's just what I've heard. Don't know about the facts on any of that.

SpeedOption
02-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by trojan37

Fairfield-Scrimmage weak but might be better with Piske
Grandview(2A)-Scrimmage you have to be kidding

Non-District
Salado(2A) w or l
Lorena w
Groesbeck w
open
Mexia Wigg will score can you?
Godley(2A) w

District

Glen Rose l
China Spring l
Hillsboro w
Gatesville w
Whitney w

Schedule is weak
CS-GR are decent

Whitney
Groesbeck
Godley
Hillsboro
Lorena

are weak

Salado
gatesville
Mexia

might be fair

West should go 7=3 , 3-2 at the worst
8-2, 3-2 at the best

they wont beat GR or China

trojan37
02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
We are losing quite a few people at key positions, mainly our qb. Some decent talent coming up from j.v. One kid who could possibly move in to the qb position, seems to be focusing on track. He has good speed(4.5 40), but not much else he can do. This talk about Glen Rose wrapping up 2nd, I don't see it happening. Yes we are in a weak district, but what Glen Rose did last year was not impressive. In district they only beat us by 2, and as stated before, China has killed them every year they have played them. Let Gatesville rebuild and they will be the team to beat in this district behind China. If Hillsboro could ever get things together, they could be tuff. That team has lots of speed, they just don't have a defense to shut anybody down. I see district pan out like this:

1. China Spring
2.Glen Rose
3.West

Getting to the playoffs doesn't mean anything unless you do something once you get there, and we haven't done something for 4 years, and I don't see much changing now.

eagles_victory
02-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by SpeedOption
Schedule is weak
CS-GR are decent

Whitney
Groesbeck
Godley
Hillsboro
Lorena

are weak

Salado
gatesville
Mexia

might be fair

West should go 7=3 , 3-2 at the worst
8-2, 3-2 at the best

they wont beat GR or China Mexia should be pretty good next year I guarantee they will beat West. (No offence West I just think Mexia will be good)

old warrior
02-05-2008, 02:26 PM
obviously CS is the team to beat, but what do they have coming back besides that reciever? Didn't they lose a lot of good seniors?

from what I have heard their JV and freshmen were not very good.

I have also heard that gatesville has no talent coming up for a few years. They are gonna have good numbers because they are a big 3A, but rumor has it they don't have much talent.

Glen Rose claims they will be down. But they always play tough and are well coached. They also have a good QB coming back.

Hillsboro has a lot of returning starters. They have a big junior class and most have been on varsity since soph year. They should be pretty fast. They also have a very good linebacker coming back.

How many seniors did West lose? Their JV wasn't very good this year. They had a good fish group, but they say for every soph that is starting on fridays you can expect a loss. But west will always be strong and physical.

Whitney will be the red headed step child of this district. They just don't have much of a chance.

CS and gatesville are coming out of a very tough district, BUT don't underestimate the teams you got put in with. The programs in Glen Rose, West, and Hillsboro have improved a lot since the last time they were in a district with the Waco schools. I love how people run down West and Glen Rose saying they were not that great when GR went 4 rounds and lost to Celina, West also lost to Celina in the 2nd round.

cshscougar08
02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by old warrior
obviously CS is the team to beat, but what do they have coming back besides that reciever? Didn't they lose a lot of good seniors?

from what I have heard their JV and freshmen were not very good.

CS and gatesville are coming out of a very tough district, BUT don't underestimate the teams you got put in with. The programs in Glen Rose, West, and Hillsboro have improved a lot since the last time they were in a district with the Waco schools. I love how people run down West and Glen Rose saying they were not that great when GR went 4 rounds and lost to Celina, West also lost to Celina in the 2nd round.

We lost a couple of key offensive players (Dustin Eskew, Taylor Higdon, Jared Welch), but return Mike Hicks, Matt Hicks (who will start at RB), Reece Meador, 3 offensive lineman, and the new QB, Brian Bell. Although B is not nearly the size of Eskew, he brings a very high football IQ to the table. Being the coaches son will do that for you. He will be fine this year. He will be a primarily pocket passer, but should see similar results. The defense returns 9 starters from an already excellent unit. There is potential to allow ZERO points in district next year. I'm not kidding on this one. Yes the JV and freshmen teams weren't very good, but there are a couple of good players who will be stepping in to fill holes and play a big role next season. People, myself included, are saying that Glen Rose will not be good because now CS can kill them and count it as a district win. I've never seen us beat Glen Rose by less than 20, so nothing will change there. Glen Rose is a decent team, but can't measure up to a CS or a fully equipped Gatesville team who both have been in 17-3A, arguably the toughest district in the state, the past 8 years.

trojan37
02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
I remember the last time we were in 17-3A, well the final year we weren't that good, but the year before that. I can't remember what year it was, but Hillsboro had Richuel Massey at rb, he was the talk of the district. We beat CS that year in West, and only district losses were to LV, Gatesville( who was very stout that year, and Robinson, who knocked us out of the playoffs. West finished that year at 7-3, all losses coming in district. I won't doubt you, CS will be good, but they won't keep every team scoreless, no way!:D

cshscougar08
02-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Maybe I was a LITTLE too confident there. You're right, probably not scoreless, but something close to it. :D

nobogey72
02-05-2008, 04:40 PM
If West ever played Euless Trinity, would it be considered a rubber match?:D