PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 42 - Liberty Hill 7

BurnetBulldog
11-08-2002, 11:20 PM
It was definately all Burnet in this game. Liberty Hills D seemed to focus solely on Shipley. This is where Patrick Miller ran over them.

LH's Offense was completely one dimensional as they tried to run the ball 90% of the game. Burnet's D did an excellent job of keeping LH out of the end zone for most of the game. The only TD that LH scored came late in the 4th quarter.

<small>[ November 08, 2002, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: BurnetBulldog ]</small>

Old Cardinal
11-08-2002, 11:36 PM
Congratulations to the Burnet football team!

BurnetBulldog
11-08-2002, 11:55 PM
Bring on Somerset!

Chris Hart
11-09-2002, 12:05 AM
The Bulldogs put together a GREAT game tonight. The offense was prolific and the defense was stingy. Once the Burnet D figured out the hide and seek offense of Liberty Hill, they shut it down, and I mean shut it down. Shipley was used mostly as a decoy tonight, but still had around 100 yds. rec.. He was also intentionally interferred with on 2, more than likely TD passes. Patrick ran great again, and McGee was like a doctor performing surgery. His accuracy was very good. The defense was simply amazing tonight. The subs came in with 10:30 left in the game. Mason Templeton engineered a scoring drive for the Bulldogs, and they went up 42-0. The Panthers finally scored against the reserves, with more than a litle help from the zebras. The 2nd team defense also played very well tonight, as did the 2nd team offense. Overall, it was a very good gameplan and good execution. My hat goes off to the coaching staff and the Burnet Bulldog players on a perfect 10-0 season and a district championship. Way to go Bulldogs!!!

BurnetBulldog
11-09-2002, 01:00 AM
This was a packed house in LH....my guess was at 5,000 but according to KVUE they had it close to 9,000. Be that as it may this was an exceptional game by the Bulldogs.

The first drive was for some concern as LH picked off McGee. LH's ensuing drive came down to inside the ten before the Burnet D stopped them cold. They did not attempt a kick but rather went for it on 4th with a running play...which says alot about their kicking game. With these first two drives it almost appeared as though it was going to be a long defensive night. But then reality snapped back as Burnet scored the first TD.

It became ever increasingly obvious how the LH D was playing the Burnet Offense. Blitz, stunt, etc...basically put pressure on McGee and cover Shipley. However, as I said before, you do that and you leave holes open for Miller. Miller ran with ease over the LH D. Not sure of his numbers but guessing it had to be 150+ with 3 TD's.

As was obvious with LH's D their offensive plan was just as obvious. Run the ball and try to keep the ball out of Burnet's offense. Not many punts by LH but rather going for it on 4th down with running plays. Burnet's D did an outstanding job of controlling these constant thumping of runs allowing only a couple of decent runs of more than 8 yds.

The game was well worth the trip and mad house of people to watch Burnet roll again.

Anyone know where the playoff game will be at?

<small>[ November 09, 2002, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: BurnetBulldog ]</small>

ladydawg03
11-09-2002, 01:17 AM
AWESOME GAME!! I dont' know about everyone else, but I got alittle nervous at the beginning of the first quarter! WHOOOSH... I would like to know what some of the Liberty Hill people thought. Like, not excuses, but what was the deal tonight? I thought the score was gonna be alot closer then that. I do want to give the Panthers a pat on the back, 2 minutes remaining in the game and they made their touchdown. I would have to say that they looked as if they had won the game. They never gave up through the whole game. Good game both teams. Good luck to everyone in the play-offs!

spaniard
11-09-2002, 01:22 AM
i was telling one of my friends that it would be a close 1st quarter while our d tried to figure out who to key on and how to read the ball, after watching the frosh and jv games last night. that was why the first quarter was so stressful for a lot of us from burnet. but when our offense got into its rhythm, it was all over with from there. i was impressed by how decieving the ball carriers were, not a totally bad offensive attack.

Old Dog
11-09-2002, 01:32 AM
I'll say one thing for sure, there's no quit in those Panthers. They scrapped from first snap until the last one. I wish them the best in the playoffs.

One of the most memorable plays was when the LH back broke out heading for the end zone. Shipley ran him down like a cheetah on the hunt. I bet 95% of the crowd thought the LH back would score. Very impressive.

Congrats Bulldogs and go get Somerset!

spaniard
11-09-2002, 02:00 AM
Old Dog:
I'll say one thing for sure, there's no quit in those Panthers. They scrapped from first snap until the last one. I wish them the best in the playoffs.

One of the most memorable plays was when the LH back broke out heading for the end zone. Shipley ran him down like a cheetah on the hunt. I bet 95% of the crowd thought the LH back would score. Very impressive.

Congrats Bulldogs and go get Somerset!i was very impressed also with the lh defense. no offense to the lh player or fans, but that was probly the funniest thing ive seen all year, shipley sucked that kid up so fast the kid had no idea what caught him. and shipley just kinda nudged him to knock him down too. hehe, anywhoo, good luck to the panthers, hold your own in the playoffs.

BurnetBulldog
11-09-2002, 10:37 AM
So anyone know the playoff location for Burnet/Somerset?

LHpanther#45
11-09-2002, 04:48 PM
After the game last night i didn't know what to think. Burnet had an awsome team. Our seniors kinda lost their composer early on because this game ment so much to them and they didn't want it to slip away. After watching film we just didn't look like we usually do. Our run game didn't really go anywhere all night! the only long run came by the backup fullback. One things for sure that was the biggest crowd LH has ever had! Playoffs are here so time to forget the past and look ahead. I really feal sorry for Poteet. Our seniors are going to be determined not to have another game like Burnet and will want to eat Poteet alive to take Burnet off of their minds.

Chris Hart
11-09-2002, 04:50 PM
Don't hold me to it BurnetBulldog, but I read on another site, that the game is at 7:30 Friday in the Alamodome.

ladydawg03
11-09-2002, 04:50 PM
Rumor has it the ALAMODOME IN SAN ANTONIO!!!

bigdawg06
11-09-2002, 05:48 PM
it's not a rumore no more, it's in the Alamo dome friday at 7:30 or 7 can't remember

spaniard
11-09-2002, 05:55 PM
ok, now is it the alamodome or alamo heights? i really hope this doesnt go crazy like this last weeks rumors, if its the dome, then SWEET!!

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-09-2002, 09:04 PM
HATS OFF TO THE BULLDOG PLAYERS, COACHES, AND FANS. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO WATCH BURNET PLAY MARLIN. A TOTALLY DIFFERANT D SHOWED UP IN L.H. YOU HAVE SOME GREAT PLAYERS BOTH ON O. AND ON D. AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER THE COACHING STAFF MADE THE NEEDED ADJUSTMENTS WE DID NOT. THE BURNET PLAYERS RESPONDED WELL,WE HAD OTHER OPPORTUNITIES BOTH ON O. AND D. BUT WE DID NOT ADJUST. COACHES SOMETIMES HAVE NOT SO GOOD GAMES TOO. I AM NOT TRASHING OUR PROGRAM BY NO MEANS, JUST STATING FACTS. I HAVE TOLD BOTH MY BOYS IF WE ARE TO LOSE A GAME THIS YEAR THIS WAS A GOOD ONE TO LOSE BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN. NOW WE KNOW WHAT A TEAM HAS TO DO TO STOP US, SO LETS MAKE ADJUSTMENTS IN PRACTICE, AND BEAT POTEET. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS. AND MAY YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-09-2002, 09:06 PM
HATS OFF TO THE BULLDOG PLAYERS, COACHES, AND FANS. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO WATCH BURNET PLAY MARLIN. A TOTALLY DIFFERANT D SHOWED UP IN L.H. YOU HAVE SOME GREAT PLAYERS BOTH ON O. AND ON D. AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER THE COACHING STAFF MADE THE NEEDED ADJUSTMENTS WE DID NOT. THE BURNET PLAYERS RESPONDED WELL,WE HAD OTHER OPPORTUNITIES BOTH ON O. AND D. BUT WE DID NOT ADJUST. COACHES SOMETIMES HAVE NOT SO GOOD GAMES TOO. I AM NOT TRASHING OUR PROGRAM BY NO MEANS, JUST STATING FACTS. I HAVE TOLD BOTH MY BOYS IF WE ARE TO LOSE A GAME THIS YEAR THIS WAS A GOOD ONE TO LOSE BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN. NOW WE KNOW WHAT A TEAM HAS TO DO TO STOP US, SO LETS MAKE ADJUSTMENTS IN PRACTICE, AND BEAT POTEET. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS. AND MAY YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

spaniard
11-09-2002, 11:30 PM
see puppetmaster, thats what you call class. purple thunder, good luck to your guys against poteet, and i would like to see the final results this year for state to be

D1:Burnet
D2:Liberty Hill