PDA

View Full Version : Well Liberty Hill Fans

LHexPlayer
02-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm new to the board, but I've been reading this board for years. Finally decided to join up. Seems we took an upgrade in district foes. If our predistrict schedule holds up then we have our work cut out for us. Anyone got some names to throw out there that we are going to use to replace some of lost talent? We lost a lot of good backs from last year, not to mention some key defensive players. Any rumored move-ins?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around our new district and trying to see how we are going to make it a successful year.

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 04:50 PM
No way! Sic 'em LHPM! :D

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Any rumored move-ins?

You need to ask the Snyder posters. They have that market
cornered.:thinking: :D :devil:

LHexPlayer
02-01-2008, 04:52 PM
People once thought that of us. Just curious with all our growth if we have any outside help coming. Our school is growing so much lately.

Panther One
02-01-2008, 04:55 PM
With LH growing like it is, we're bound to get move-ins. Now whether any of them are going to be good football players remains to be seen.

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 05:04 PM
LH is going to be fine. Move-ins or not. You have a good program and system. You have a good coaching staff and they will adjust the talent you have and the upcoming kids appropriately.

Panther One
02-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
LH is going to be fine. Move-ins or not. You have a good program and system. You have a good coaching staff and they will adjust the talent you have and the upcoming kids appropriately.
Oh I know we'll be fine, but it never hurts to add to what you've got.

DaHop72
02-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You need to ask the Snyder posters. They have that market
cornered.:thinking: :D :devil: Now, now, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.:D :D

crzyjournalist03
02-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Now, now, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.:D :D

:thinking: I was always told that people that live in glass houses shouldn't walk around naked.

Panther One
02-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
:thinking: I was always told that people that live in glass houses shouldn't walk around naked.
That depends on what you look like...:eek:

LHexPlayer
02-01-2008, 06:00 PM
We can always add to team with move ins. So I guess no rumors floating around the Hill right now.

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2008, 07:08 PM
A new kid came today and was watching the weights lifting during 4th period. My son said he might wear # 70 next season if he's on Varsity. ;)

I can throw some names at you if you want, but I have no inside info. :D

Welcome! :)

LHexPlayer
02-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks lhpm. Can't wait to watch your son's senior year. Is he excited about the change in district and what not?

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2008, 07:32 PM
He was more surprised about the Region change. His words were "What the heck???". :D I don't think he cares one way or the other who they play....he plans to knock some heads. ;)

BILLYFRED0000
02-01-2008, 07:41 PM
And he will no doubt. But that will be a good tough district you are in next year.
Definetly will be a war just to get out of it in tact and make the playoff run. Plus Bwood will be d2 most likely as AW is larger. So the brackets over there will have a monster size school in the d2 bracket at 901 students. Makes R1 pretty darn tough having You guys, Wimberely,
and Bwood in the mix in d2 in that region.
Pretty salty. You ought to have fun. Some good smash mouth football like LH likes to play. Snyder was really good this year for example. AW will be good. Bwood will be big if nothing else and you know burnet and Wimberely. And then Vernon is always solid. I have to admit that this may be the best alignment I have seen in years. Some of the best balance across the state in years. Region 2 is weak but still not as bad.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Anyone got some names to throw out there that we are going to use to replace some of lost talent? We lost a lot of good backs from last year, not to mention some key defensive players.
Like I said, I have no inside info, but I was watching some stuff & looking at names this weekend and saw some that could make an impact.

Turner - he definitely made HUGE strides this season...look for continued success with him
McCain - could join Turner in the secondary, he's FAST...also did pretty well with returns
Deary - he was having some very good hits when he was in; I personally like him better on D than O, but with a year under his belt in the "system", he could help on O as well
Johnson - I see him stepping up to fill some shoes on O
Esch - Secondary maybe? :thinking:
Witbeck - One of the back spots?
Lawhorn - look for him to revive the name ;)
Carpenter - 4 1/2 games at C, should be good replacement

Just some thoughts....good thing they don't pay me to do this. :D Also have a couple of OL to replace. That'll be the key on O. I'm sure I'm missing a couple of kids that stood out to me.

LHexPlayer
02-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the info. I remember Boyd #22 having a good game against Pleasanton in the Dome. He ran the ball hard and never gave up. I think Esch was the backup linebacker for Holbein. I also agree on Deary. He might be a good defensive end to replace Marlow. On the line it wouldn't suprise me to see the coaches move Bates to tackle and put maybe Emmert at tight end like his brother played. There was also a huge tackle that played a lot in that Pleasanton game. I think his number was #71 or #77. He must have been on J.V. It's going to be an interesting year.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Dang.....forgot about Boyd & Emmert. And also possibly Huckins. Some of the defensive guys will be hard to replace (Poitier, Rogers, Ott, Holbein, Hansen), but our coaches seem to find the right "fit" year after year.

LHexPlayer
02-04-2008, 03:30 PM
You are right about that. Our coaches are masters of getting kids in the right places. They are not afraid to try different things with kids either. I've seen lots of teams that have kids that play the wrong position. But Vance and company seem to find the right fit for every kid.

Texasfootball2
02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
You are right about that. Our coaches are masters of getting kids in the right places. They are not afraid to try different things with kids either. I've seen lots of teams that have kids that play the wrong position. But Vance and company seem to find the right fit for every kid.

Dang this sounds just like Ab. Wylie. Boy is this going to be fun. Still don't know what week or where, but can't wait to pencil this one down on the calender.:thumbsup:

LHexPlayer
02-04-2008, 04:09 PM
not sure how we are going to look. We have a lot of big shoes to fill. But if history tells me anything, the LH vs AW game will be a clinic on good hard fought football. Both teams seem to be very disciplined and play hard.

Texasfootball2
02-04-2008, 04:14 PM
not sure how we are going to look. We have a lot of big shoes to fill. But if history tells me anything, the LH vs AW game will be a clinic on good hard fought football. Both teams seem to be very disciplined and play hard.

And both teams are use to reloading year after year. The programs seem to be mirror images of each other in a lot of ways. Can't wait. Both sides will be a sea of Purple also.

Hill Man
02-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
And both teams are use to reloading year after year. The programs seem to be mirror images of each other in a lot of ways. Can't wait. Both sides will be a sea of Purple also.

What is AbW base offense? Of course you know LH runs and runs some more based on the Slot-T

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

Doesn't Prince only wear purple?:thinking:

I'm not trying to start nothing. I'm just saying....:devil:

SpeedOption
02-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Lh wins region 1.

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2008, 06:23 PM
In an effort to not continue hijacking the "day 1" thread, I thought this was as good of a place as any. Just a few more names that my brain had apparently stuck in some archive folder until today.

Winstead - dang near as mean as his older bro AND has his "walk" :D
O'Neal - very fast and he looked good when I dropped by for a few minutes at lunch
Emmert - yeah, I mentioned him already, but was thinking more for O; could be a good fit at Hanson's spot?

And Huckins, at least the oldest, moved to CA. :( blah

wimbo_pro
08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
As I said a few weeks ago...with only 6-to-7 starters returning, a new OC, and the whole world shooting at the target on their "State Champs B2B"...if LH wins state again this year, it will be one of the biggest accomplishments in 3A in quite a while. If this happens, they will have earned the title "dynasty", in my opinion.

LHexPlayer
08-05-2008, 06:47 PM
My notes from my observations the last two days.

Offense-
The big boys up front look good and ready to go. I think this line will be just as good as last years line.
Fickel looks good and looks like a senior ready to lead. I'm hoping they let him run more this year much like Perrin did two years ago.
Bates- Looks huge. He has always been big but his arms look huge now.
Looked like Perrin and Emmert were playing the swingman position.

Johnson- looks the part of a fullback.
Witbeck- is ripped and fast
Boyd- also is ripped and fast and looks to get the tough yards.
Those guys are running ones right now. I'm sure it could change at anytime. The offense seems to go through team plays effortlessly. They look in mid season form. I'm sure the coaches beg to differ on that though. My point is, these boys got those plays down.

Defense-
I never saw them work team defense. It looked like they had some guys from the defense working 2nd team offense. It is really hard to pick out those guys. So as of now I have really nothing to report.

Overall the team looks in shape and ready to go. I saw the news out there interviewing coach and a couple of players. Kvue I think.

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Defense-
I never saw them work team defense. It looked like they had some guys from the defense working 2nd team offense. It is really hard to pick out those guys. So as of now I have really nothing to report.

They weren't working team defense when I was there, just had LB's & safety/db-kind of guys doing drills with Coach Vance.

wimbo_pro
08-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Again, I dont think anyone should be "concerned" about your offense any more than they have for the last 5 years or so...we all know you're gonna rack 'em up. It's the D, it's the D, it's the D....

LHexPlayer
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Again, I dont think anyone should be "concerned" about your offense any more than they have for the last 5 years or so...we all know you're gonna rack 'em up. It's the D, it's the D, it's the D....

You're right. Offense will win some games. The Defense will win championships. Can't wait till this weekend to get a look at the defense.

firstcat
08-06-2008, 08:42 AM
I can't help but think about how many games the LH Seniors have played since 7th grade, compared to most other teams...they have a couple extra seasons, thanks to the playoffs, under their belts. The majority of them have only experienced one actual loss since they first strapped on helmets in Junior High. Not many around the state can say that!

BILLYFRED0000
08-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
I can't help but think about how many games the LH Seniors have played since 7th grade, compared to most other teams...they have a couple extra seasons, thanks to the playoffs, under their belts. The majority of them have only experienced one actual loss since they first strapped on helmets in Junior High. Not many around the state can say that!

It is quite a group and system. And when you get to that point you actually expect to win. And don't want to be the one to lose the next game. There was a time during the streak when two senior classes never lost a game from grade 7 on.

Runnin Panther
08-06-2008, 10:37 AM

I can’t believe I am saying this but I have to agree with probably the last 10 or so post wimbo-pro has made. You are exactly right, if you go back at the past 5 years and put last years defense with each of those offenses there is a good chance we could have more than 2 rings. You look back at the losses we have suffered in the past 4 years I bet you will find that the offense scored around or more than 35 points. You would think that would be enough to win any game. Defense has been the key the last two years. They were especially good last year. So what about this year….

I think I have said it on here before, just my opinion. I believe the Defense has great opportunity to be as good or nearly as good as last year. We have Cody back at LB, will be surprised if he isn’t an all state selection. We have two DTs coming back one starter and one that saw lots of playing time last year, we shut the run down last year I think we can do it again this year. There is a lot of good kids that could play in the secondary, I would think whoever doesn’t start at running back has a good chance to play in the secondary along with Stevie (he’s little but mean) and a few others. To me the real question mark is at DE, there are some big shoes to fill. We have some really goods kids fighting for those positions. I have confidence that Vance will put it all together.

Also the kids really seem fired up and ready to play. Looks like there is more enthusiasm out on the practice field this year. This years Panthers seem ready to meet the challenge, I think it’s going to be another exciting year for us Panther fans.

WHO YA ROOTIN FOR-------LHHS!

wimbo_pro
08-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I can’t believe I am saying this but I have to agree with probably the last 10 or so post wimbo-pro has made.

I might be a Texan partisan, but I am not an idiot. But thanks for the agreement anyways!

Runnin Panther
08-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I might be a Texan partisan, but I am not an idiot. But thanks for the agreement anyways!

Just poking fun wimbo, you know I respect you as well as the Texans. But you have to admit Panthers and Texans on the same of the fence is a little weird.

wimbo_pro
08-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Just poking fun wimbo, you know I respect you as well as the Texans. But you have to admit Panthers and Texans on the same of the fence is a little weird.

More than wierd...its downright painful. Whats worse (for me anyways) is that now we are in the same district (again), I must root for you guys all the way. It's a loyalty thing with me...my team first, then my district, then my area, then my region...you gotta be consistent at some point.

Last 2 years I felt no obligation to LH since you were in none of the above. This made it easy to let our fued grow. Not so easy now...except when we play each other. Which, by the way, we are going to smash you to bits. :rolleyes:

nobogey72
08-06-2008, 03:35 PM
More than wierd...its downright painful. Whats worse (for me anyways) is that now we are in the same district (again), I must root for you guys all the way. It's a loyalty thing with me...my team first, then my district, then my area, then my region...you gotta be consistent at some point.

Last 2 years I felt no obligation to LH since you were in none of the above. This made it easy to let our fued grow. Not so easy now...except when we play each other. Which, by the way, we are going to smash you to bits. :rolleyes:

Wimbo---- Since we (Wylie) have played you the last 2 years, I have a lot of respect for Wimberly and it's coach and program. I was just curious if that real tall WR/DE that ya'll had two years ago is playing anything in college, or that RB Buse? He was an animal too.

wimbo_pro
08-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Wimbo---- Since we (Wylie) have played you the last 2 years, I have a lot of respect for Wimberly and it's coach and program. I was just curious if that real tall WR/DE that ya'll had two years ago is playing anything in college, or that RB Buse? He was an animal too.

The tall receiver is not playing any ball anywhere that i know of(Thompson is his name). Michael Buse is playing in Arkansas at Henderson St. and was red-shirted last year, along with our QB (Beaty) who played against you back then. Mikey left last week for 2-a-days, and is doing well. He tells me they have moved him to a WR, and back up running back.

nobogey72
08-06-2008, 03:51 PM
The tall receiver is not playing any ball anywhere that i know of(Thompson is his name). Michael Buse is playing in Arkansas at Henderson St. and was red-shirted last year, along with our QB (Beaty) who played against you back then. Mikey left last week for 2-a-days, and is doing well. He tells me they have moved him to a WR, and back up running back.

When we went to Wimberly 2 years ago, I left the press box to go to the concession stand and was standing behind a guy that I swear was 8' tall. When I got back to the press box I asked somebody up there who was the giant guy that looked like Uve Blaab (sp?). He started laughing and said that that really was Uve Blaab. Pretty weird.

Sweetwater Red
08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
When we went to Wimberly 2 years ago, I left the press box to go to the concession stand and was standing behind a guy that I swear was 8' tall. When I got back to the press box I asked somebody up there who was the giant guy that looked like Uve Blaab (sp?). He started laughing and said that that really was Uve Blaab. Pretty weird.

Uwe Blab...another wonderful Dallas Maverick center.:doh:

wimbo_pro
08-06-2008, 03:58 PM
LOL..yep, that him. He has lived here for years. His daughter plays basketball as well. He's a good guy...always see him around at all the sports games.

TexDad
08-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Thompson is playing for Western New Mexico in Sterling City, New Mexico. Played for Cisco JC last fall. Recovering from a broken leg substained this summer.

wimbo_pro
08-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks TexDad...I must have him confused with someone else. Now that you mention it, I remember Mikey telling me the same. Sorry for the confusion. How's the leg healing?

TexDad
08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
They said he should be good by first week of September. He gained a liitle weight this summer. Probably close to 220.

wimbo_pro
08-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Excellent! I am surprised I didnt run into him this summer...I dont know if he hung around Mikey or Bryan this summer, but I dont recall seeing him at all.

LHexPlayer
08-06-2008, 04:47 PM
:hijacktd:

wimbo_pro
08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
You're right...sorry....lets get back to it.

Did Thompson and Buse perform well when they kicked LH's butt in 04, 05 and 06?

hehehehe

nobogey72
08-06-2008, 04:50 PM
:hijacktd:

sorry dude, but the board was so slow........ Anyway, I was tired of that other crap.:D

LHexPlayer
08-06-2008, 04:53 PM
It's cool, I really didn't care. I just couldn't think of a nice thing to say about Wimberley.;)

wimbo_pro
08-06-2008, 04:55 PM
It's cool, I really didn't care. I just couldn't think of a nice thing to say about Wimberley.;)

Now THAT hurt...

nobogey72
08-06-2008, 04:56 PM

It's a pretty town......... their uni's are cool............ Uwe Blab lives there........ see there's lots of good things you can say about them:D :D