PDA

View Full Version : Jasper....

navscanmaster
02-01-2008, 03:39 PM
fans should start saving for gas expenses.:D

JasperDog94
02-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
fans should start saving for gas expenses.:D It's really not that much further than traveling to Beaumont.

navscanmaster
02-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
It's really not that much further than traveling to Beaumont.

Just hope you don't get Carthage and Rusk both on the road.

j_dog
02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Just hope you don't get Carthage and Rusk both on the road.
Since 1960, for most years Jasper's NEAREST district opponent was fifty miles. There are four teams in this district that are about 50 miles from Jasper. This past two years only Kirbyville was less than 50 miles. I think Rusk and Carthage are about 100 miles from Jasper. That is not much different than driving 70 miles to Beaumont, then additional miles to get to the Jefferson County/ Orange stadiums. Traveling is nothing new for Jasper. But I will miss the "traditional" opponents. But the UIL seems to flip Jasper around just about every realignment. That is being "on the bubble" I guess.

navscanmaster
02-01-2008, 06:06 PM
I know how you feel. We are always jumping around districts, too. We've been in with the San Jac county bunch, the Milam county bunch back in the day, and Bellville/Sealy/Royal more often than not. Now we went north and west. Yee-hah. course, we are on the frontier of region 4 also....

j_dog
02-01-2008, 06:18 PM
I know how you feel. We are always jumping around districts, too. We've been in with the San Jac county bunch, the Milam county bunch back in the day, and Bellville/Sealy/Royal more often than not. Now we went north and west. Yee-hah. course, we are on the frontier of region 4 also....
At least they cannot send Jasper very far east. :D else they would be in Louisiana. By the way Jasper once did play a bi-district playoff game in La. (against LCM)

TOPS1435
02-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Gilmer can sympathize about being on the boarder when UIL changes districts. Since Traylor came home we have been in district 11-3A 2 years with teams to the northwest-Mt Vernon, Winnsboro, Lindale who is now 4A, and Rains; district 13-3A for 2 years, the past two years in District 15-3A which is a bye this time, and now District 17-3A.

This is the first time UIL has paired us with the region south of I-20, so we have a lot of learning to do. We are accustomed to going to Texas A&M-Commerce for regionals in volleyball, basketball, and track.

J-dog, where will we go next year?

j_dog
02-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by TOPS1435
Gilmer can sympathize about being on the boarder when UIL changes districts. ...

This is the first time UIL has paired us with the region south of I-20, so we have a lot of learning to do. We are accustomed to going to Texas A&M-Commerce for regionals in volleyball, basketball, and track.

J-dog, where will we go next year?
Huntsville. :) :D Sam Houston State U. :clap:

For basketball anyway. Track seems to be run near Houston I think. I don't know about volleyball.

shankbear
02-01-2008, 08:33 PM
j_dog......it has been a fun run with Jasper and BC in that baseball district. No big district rival with each other now. Have to meet deeper in the playoffs. Could be fun too.

j_dog
02-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
j_dog......it has been a fun run with Jasper and BC in that baseball district. No big district rival with each other now. Have to meet deeper in the playoffs. Could be fun too.
Or perhaps it could be early in the playoff run. With three teams and the UIL bracketmakers, you never can tell how they are going to match you up. Besides, Jasper once again will have to play tough just to get out of their district. Nothing has changed in that regard. Carthage and Hudson are no pushovers.

Have you booked your rooms for the state tourney? I will re-live those few days in my mind for years. In fact, it is easy to do so. You may know, you can go to kjas.com and que up the state 2007 games at your convenience. It was kind of special to listen to it all over again. Well, now on to 08 baseball. We still have THIS year to knock heads in district. :D

A little tip, when #3 gets on base, he WILL be runnin. :D ;)