PDA

View Full Version : unfortunately, another Buckeye heads out of state

lostaussie
02-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Rivals.com, "Gilmer's Harris switches from A&M to OU"...
Rivals.com is reporting Gilmer wide receiver and defensive back Lamar Harris has decommitted from Texas A&M, and will sign with OU next Wednesday on National Signing Day.

worst news i have had all day!!!!!!

JR2004
02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm guessing Manuel and Justin had a little influence with this?

Panther One
02-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Most Aggies have been expecting this for quite some time.

Aesculus gilmus
02-01-2008, 03:36 PM
I bleed orange, but I draw the line at the Red River.

A&M arguably deserved to have its commitment honored, but OTOH a new coaching staff has come in and so I cannot blame the young man for considering other options.

Panther One
02-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I bleed orange, but I draw the line at the Red River.

A&M arguably deserved to have its commitment honored, but OTOH a new coaching staff has come in and so I cannot blame the young man for considering other options.
If a kid has a change of heart, I'd rather him go where he wants to be, rather than stick to his original commitment. I wish him luck.

lostaussie
02-01-2008, 03:48 PM
well I don't want anyone to take my opening statement the wrong way. I am very glad for Lamar to be getting the chance to play ball at the next level. I just wanted it to be in maroon and white.

navscanmaster
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
well I don't want anyone to take my opening statement the wrong way. I am very glad for Lamar to be getting the chance to play ball at the next level. I just wanted it to be in maroon and white.

So did I.:( Just read the Dave Campbell's Texas Football and even he said the A&M really needed his commitment.

Buccaneer
02-01-2008, 05:08 PM
I wish he could have stayed in Texas.