PDA

View Full Version : Celina's Predistrict Schedule

coachkiss
02-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Anyone have any ideas? I know that they have FW Arlington Heights week 4, but that is all. I don't know if Pilot Point will want to continue the rivalry now that they don't have to.

Liberty Christian always seems a possiblity.

coachkiss
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Trinity Christian - Addison will be a Week 2 game more than likely

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Anyone have any ideas? I know that they have FW Arlington Heights week 4, but that is all. I don't know if Pilot Point will want to continue the rivalry now that they don't have to.

Liberty Christian always seems a possiblity.
It would be ridiculous for anyone to suggest Pilot Point does not want to play Celina. When PP went 3A and Celina stayed 2A they played.

Fifteen miles and no stop signs seperate the two towns. The Pilot Point fans would lynch any AD or coach that would suggest skipping this game.

PP has been down, but they are not out.

coachkiss
02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
When PP and Celina played then, there were different dynamics at work. Now, you have PP players coaching at Celina, but no former players or coaches from Celina over there (I don't think).

I guess if Dan Ray is still superintendent, it could happen, but if I just got trounced by 50 the last two years, I would think twice about scheduling that team. Granted, it doesn't get much easier for travel.

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Well I stand corrected.

I cannot believe PP totally pulled that stunt. Hang your heads in shame Pilot Point fans! :mad:

coachkiss
02-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Did PP back out or something?

Matthew328
02-01-2008, 03:23 PM
I don't know if they backed out or they just didn't want to schedule Celina....

Hey Celina, Medina Valley is open Week 3....maybe a neutral site game in Waco?

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Did PP back out or something?
Reported by David Hinojosa of the Dallas Morning News; just a few minutes ago.

coachkiss
02-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Well, there you have it. Like I said 149-12 over the last three seasons will do that to a rivalry (and 6 of those came in mop-up time this season).

You can count out District 10. So, that leaves a travel scenario or a neutral site game or 4A or 5A or private schools.

I would like to see Celina and McKinney North start a rivalry.

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
I am suggesting that we post a sign on FM455/FM1192 at the county line that says something to effect of, "Leaving the state of pride, entering chicken country!"

Matthew328
02-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Waco LaVega is open Week 3......that would be fun

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 04:06 PM
That would be VERY fun!!!!!!

Panther One
02-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Waco LaVega is open Week 3......that would be fun
Since there's a good chance we could matchup with Brownwood again in the playoffs, I wonder if we could switch. Someone was saying we refused to play La Vega, but I think it's because we already gave a comitment to other schools. If Brownwood had another week 3 option, I wouldn't mind taking on La Vega.

sic'em
02-01-2008, 06:41 PM
that's pretty sad that the pp coaches backed down. as a former bearcat, i wish they would have kept it going. we have not played only two times in 50 years. i figured celina would be the one wanting to get tougher competition, instead of lowering down to play a 2a team. oh well ;( the days they are a changin... we might just be seeing the official end of a long, historic rivalry. two towns and two schools headed in completely different directions. at least we have a chance at regrouping and attempting to rebuild a winning attitude, much like farmersville was able to do down in 2a. i have a feeling pp is going to be down there more than 2 years though...

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 06:48 PM
I hope in two years Pilot Point is realigned into Celina's district.

Then Celina can just unleash the JV on PP's Varsity. :eek:

Matthew328
02-01-2008, 06:50 PM
A Waco LaVega coach told me on theoldcoach that he called Celina and they were full...maybe Celina filled their openings..

sic'em
02-01-2008, 06:53 PM
i dont think pp will move up, noone wants to move into such a poorly run school district. as i said in the other thread, there have been only 2 new home starts in the city limits in the last 2 years. that says a lot considering where the town in situated. i personally think that the two towns have played for the last time... in a very long time, maybe ever...

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Well that is good news. What week did Waco La Vega have open? They would have been a good replacement for Robinson in Week 0 in Euless.

I hope someone publishes the schedule soon.

Matthew328
02-01-2008, 06:57 PM
LaVega was open Week 3

coachkiss
02-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Celina vs. FW Poly Tech
Celina vs. Daingerfield at Royse City (not Week Zero)