PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Disappointed With Their District?

JR2004
02-01-2008, 01:49 PM
I'd say I'm disappointed with our district (Madison) this time around, but it's exactly the same as last time with the exception of adding Carter-Riverside. I'm pretty sure some of our coaches aren't happy to have to play the Ft. Worth schools again because they don't even attempt to field competitive teams. I believe they were really hoping to get away from those schools because they do nothing to prepare you for the playoffs.

Lake Worth is the only team that'll prepare us for the playoffs the next two seasons. I'm glad to have them back, but the rest of District 11 not so much. I'd be shocked if we have anything less than 50-60 points by the end of the 3rd quarter against the three Ft. Worth schools.

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I don't know that I can say I'm disappointed. Honestly, I did expect to be in with Burnet and Llano, at the very least. Ingram....yeah, well....no comment. :dispntd:

buff4life
02-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't know that I can say I'm disappointed. Honestly, I did expect to be in with Burnet and Llano, at the very least. Ingram....yeah, well....no comment. :dispntd:

I'm fairly disappointed yet fairly happy with ours...knew LG and Smithville would be in there and i guess Sealy and Columbus are nice additions...just doesn't appeal to me

UPanIN
02-01-2008, 01:58 PM
:( Navasota & Bellville not together. That's just sad.:( :dispntd:

STANG RED
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm still in shock, and probably will be till next December. Ask me again next year at this time.

On second thought, if we end up getting hammered in district next season, dont bother asking me anything.:mad: :p

Adidas410s
02-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm still in shock, and probably will be till next December. Ask me again next year at this time.

On second thought, if we end up getting hammered in district next season, dont bother asking me anything.:mad: :p
See ya again in February 2010 :D

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Well, since we moved into that "weak Region I", Go Blue won't want on our bandwagon any more, so I'll kick him off. That should make room for you to jump on. :D

trojan37
02-01-2008, 02:07 PM
District...yes, region....NOOOOOO!:eek:

Matthew328
02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'd say I'm disappointed with our district (Madison) this time around, but it's exactly the same as last time with the exception of adding Carter-Riverside. I'm pretty sure some of our coaches aren't happy to have to play the Ft. Worth schools again because they don't even attempt to field competitive teams. I believe they were really hoping to get away from those schools because they do nothing to prepare you for the playoffs.

Lake Worth is the only team that'll prepare us for the playoffs the next two seasons. I'm glad to have them back, but the rest of District 11 not so much. I'd be shocked if we have anything less than 50-60 points by the end of the 3rd quarter against the three Ft. Worth schools.

With as much scheduling issues as Dallas Madison had I wonder why they dropped Kennedale from the schedule? They had em slated early Friday and then their OC said Madison dropped on em...I wonder who they got...

BwdLion_80
02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
There is no way I am disappointed! After all these years of playing schools with enrollments of 1,800-2,000 schools in district play, we are very happy where we are. I know, I know, the change does not mean it will be easy. Anyone that has seen the teams in district 2 knows that it will be very tough. I do know this, there is not a single team that we have on our tentative schedule that will have the number of athletes that Waco High, Cove, Killeen and Midway have. That alone will be refreshing.

buff4life
02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
we played midway last year and their BAND and dancers took up half our visitor's stands...

they had some big kids though...but i liked how their band played the entire game no matter what, unlike ours which plays the fight song when we score and the beginning of the fourth quarter

JR2004
02-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
With as much scheduling issues as Dallas Madison had I wonder why they dropped Kennedale from the schedule? They had em slated early Friday and then their OC said Madison dropped on em...I wonder who they got...

Well my only guess here is that Alvarado might have a higher enrollment number than Kennedale. If that's the case then we'd have the possibility of seeing them again if they were to finish as the runner-up for the D2 bracket. That's the only reason I can see that they would drop them. I'll call our DC this afternoon and see what happened with our schedule.

JR2004
02-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
There is no way I am disappointed! After all these years of playing schools with enrollments of 1,800-2,000 schools in district play, we are very happy where we are. I know, I know, the change does not mean it will be easy. Anyone that has seen the teams in district 2 knows that it will be very tough. I do know this, there is not a single team that we have on our tentative schedule that will have the number of athletes that Waco High, Cove, Killeen and Midway have. That alone will be refreshing.

Even with your new district, which will be rough, it is still a step down from the one you came from. That was just a ridiculous district to be in. So much size and speed with Waco and Cove. I'm sure y'all are glad you don't have to see that anymore.

dogdad
02-01-2008, 02:22 PM

Madison went back with Kennedale, so they are gonna play

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2008, 02:25 PM
The only two teams I can think would be disappointed are
Breckenridge and Graham. :thinking:

JR2004
02-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The only two teams I can think would be disappointed are
Breckenridge and Graham. :thinking:

I'd have paid good money to see the guy from Graham's reaction to this realignment. I think we all know which person *COUGH, GOT EJECTED, COUGH* that'd be. :)

NastySlot
02-01-2008, 02:34 PM
i like ours for football each week looks like it will be a playoff game..with the exception of two weeks...other sports...we should be fine on the boys side..........as for the girls it's brutal...and my daughter plays vb, bb and runs xc and track.

Phil C
02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm ok with ours. It could have been better but it could have been worse. I just hate that there are four powerful teams in baseball (Sinton, Robstown, Falfurrias and Mathis) and that only three of them can make the playoffs unless UIL goes to 4 teams which I wouldn't object to now. There is going to be a good team that won't get a shot in the playoffs if just three make it. What also makes it a shame is that probably none of the weaker teams will have a shot at the playoffs in baseball.

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
What also makes it a shame is that probably none of the weaker teams will have a shot at the playoffs in baseball.
Why is that a shame? :confused:

Ranger Mom
02-01-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm just glad we aren't going West!!!!

My hubby said now I can go back to hating Snyder again!!:p

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm just glad we aren't going West!!!!

Hahahaha! :D

trojan37
02-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Here's the DFW area school's non-district schedules.

DFW non district schedules (http://www.star-telegram.com/760/story/447520.html)

lostaussie
02-01-2008, 02:52 PM
i am happy to be in region 3. we never have been as far as i can remember. get to maybe see some different opponents in the playoffs and that should be fun, assuming we make the playoffs. our district got a litlle tougher so i am glad of that.

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2008, 02:56 PM

It's alot easier if you never stop.:thinking: :D :devil:

Ranger Mom
02-01-2008, 03:04 PM
It's alot easier if you never stop.:thinking: :D :devil:

I'm just not a hater...it's not in me!!:)

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm just not a hater...it's not in me!!:)

That's okay. I'll take up your slack.:)

JR2004
02-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
Madison went back with Kennedale, so they are gonna play

Just heard from our DC and we have this...

Decatur
Kennedale
Woodrow Wilson
Lincoln

Wound up with a better non-district schedule than I thought we'd get. Not sure yet on the weeks though for each game.

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm disappointed. Straight up. No offense to the teams in the new district 7-3A, but they are going to be hard pressed to beat China Spring in district the next two years. I'm disappointed that we went from 17-3A to this. A bit of a letdown. However, the region is a bit tougher, especially with district 2 being as strong as it is. So I'm disappointed with the district, but excited about the region.

trojan37
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I'm disappointed. Straight up. No offense to the teams in the new district 7-3A, but they are going to be hard pressed to beat China Spring in district the next two years. I'm disappointed that we went from 17-3A to this. A bit of a letdown. However, the region is a bit tougher, especially with district 2 being as strong as it is. So I'm disappointed with the district, but excited about the region.

Be careful, you never know who might jump up and get ya!:D Hey, and easy walk to the playoffs, but watch out for that 1st round opponent!

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh I'm not looking past anyone, but the fact remains that this new district is definitely a step down from the one we're coming from. And yeah first round matchups could be interesting. What was your reaction to hearing the new stuff?

trojan37
02-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh I'm not looking past anyone, but the fact remains that this new district is definitely a step down from the one we're coming from. And yeah first round matchups could be interesting. What was your reaction to hearing the new stuff?

I'm actually glad to have you guys back in our district. Being with Kennedale for 2 years, they were supposed to be the gods of 12-3A. Didn't happen. First year we surprised them at home, beating them by 3, and we lost on their turf this year by 3. Neither year were they outright district champ. I do think you have an easy road to the district title, then RegionI playoffs is where it gets interesting. Having you guys back for baseball as well will be interesting. Some tough teams at CS.

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah it should be fun. I'm glad to get away from La Vega and Connally in basketball. But look who came with us: Gatesville!!! The best basketball team in 17-3A. Plus ya'll and Glen Rose in there too. Basketball won't be easy, but we might actually win a few games. Maybe. :confused:

texasjeremy
02-01-2008, 04:18 PM
I am disapointed in the new 16-4A, adding 3 Waco Schools to the Southern Metroplex schools of Waxahachie, Ennis, Corsicana, and Midlothian. Also, Cleburne was added, is there no other 4A schools in Southern Fort Worth they could play? Waxahachie is now in a different district than Red Oak (8 miles away). But this district will be a dogfight in football (between Waco and Waxahachie), its not gonna be that great of a basketball district, but baseball is gonna be very tough (between Waxahachie, Midlothian and Midway).

Matthew328
02-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Cleburne is VERY good in baseball also...and they are salty in hoops

ProudHornetMom
02-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm disappointed. Won't have debates with Buff4ever and Buff4life since Giddings is no longer in our district or region. They'll have to become band waggoners for Caldwell. :D

Oh my...now we're with Rockdale....that means Go Blue...oh dear. :D

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
I am disapointed in the new 16-4A, adding 3 Waco Schools to the Southern Metroplex schools of Waxahachie, Ennis, Corsicana, and Midlothian. Also, Cleburne was added, is there no other 4A schools in Southern Fort Worth they could play? Waxahachie is now in a different district than Red Oak (8 miles away). But this district will be a dogfight in football (between Waco and Waxahachie), its not gonna be that great of a basketball district, but baseball is gonna be very tough (between Waxahachie, Midlothian and Midway).

I wouldn't count Ennis out of that mix in football. Sam Harrell is a great coach and it was Ennis that knocked Waco High out in the first round last year.

texasjeremy
02-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Cleburne is VERY good in baseball also...and they are salty in hoops

Im guessing the Waco ISD schools aren't good in baseball, we need some whipping boys now that we lost Lancaster in the district (but it is nice to lose Lancaster basketball). Thanks for the info, I know nothing at all about Cleburne. How is Cleburne in football?

texasjeremy
02-01-2008, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't count Ennis out of that mix in football. Sam Harrell is a great coach and it was Ennis that knocked Waco High out in the first round last year.

Yeah Ennis will compete for a playoff spot, they were 3rd in the district this year, but next year 4 teams go (half of the district). I feel bad for the bad teams like University and Midlothian because this is a brutal football district.

Matthew328
02-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Cleburne went to state in baseball two years ago....

I think Waco High is decent at baseball but not great....University will be the new whipping boy in baseball

On a side note Waxahachie opens 2008 with Everman

JR2004
02-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Im guessing the Waco ISD schools aren't good in baseball, we need some whipping boys now that we lost Lancaster in the district (but it is nice to lose Lancaster basketball).

Coach Douglas is probably going to have the basketball team in Austin before too long. He was the right guy for the job down there. Didn't want to see him leave Madison, but he got a big pay raise and it's working out well for him with Lancaster. Doesn't hurt as well to be able to bring in Chris Bosh to talk with your players and play against them some in the summer either. :)

texasjeremy
02-01-2008, 04:29 PM

I think Waco High is decent at baseball but not great....University will be the new whipping boy in baseball

You don't know about Waxahachie's other games do ya? Well thats a better opener than the last 2 years (Highland Park at the Tom Landry Classic).

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah I feel bad for them too. I mean they already were getting killed in 16-4A. Except when they came back and beat Midway. That was really funny, not gonna lie. But Waco High isn't good at baseball either. Neither Waco school is. They're both pretty bad at basketball too. Midway is doing well this year in basketball. Not sure what they will have next year though.

Matthew328
02-01-2008, 04:32 PM
University is usually good at hoops...wonder what happened...I figured Waco High at worst would be competitve in baseball and hoops

texasjeremy
02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah I feel bad for them too. I mean they already were getting killed in 16-4A. Except when they came back and beat Midway. That was really funny, not gonna lie. But Waco High isn't good at baseball either. Neither Waco school is. They're both pretty bad at basketball too. Midway is doing well this year in basketball. Not sure what they will have next year though.

Yeah I have no idea who is gonna win it in basketball. I would have to guess either Midlothian or Waxahachie, but neither is a state power. Hachie does have a Baylor commit for basketball that will be here 2 more seasons after this year.

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 04:37 PM
University is usually good at hoops...wonder what happened...I figured Waco High at worst would be competitve in baseball and hoops

Ok so I lied. Waco is DECENT at best in baseball and basketball. But nothing spectacular by any means. But yeah University isn't doing as well as in the past in basketball this year. Not sure why either. Probably graduation of some key players over the past few years.

texasjeremy
02-01-2008, 04:38 PM

Schools with a lot of minoritys usually aren't good in baseball, which is why I was guessing the bad ones would be Waco and University.

crzyjournalist03
02-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Schools with a lot of minoritys usually aren't good in baseball, which is why I was guessing the bad ones would be Waco and University.

say what????

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2008, 04:42 PM

When you get a chance look at any MLB roster.:thinking:

JR2004
02-01-2008, 04:45 PM

Around here at least, it's a fairly accurate statement. We don't really even have a baseball field at Madison. They used to just go to a corner of the football practice field and have a makeshift diamond. It was a joke to see. That's no longer there at all now. There's not a lot of committment to baseball in the inner-city schools and a lot of that is due to facilities and lack of interest in the sport.

texasjeremy
02-01-2008, 04:50 PM
When you get a chance look at any MLB roster.:thinking:

I was figuring the Waco schools weren't full of Puerto Ricans and Cubans, if this is a wrong assessment, then I am sorry.

buff4ever
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
I'm disappointed. Won't have debates with Buff4ever and Buff4life since Giddings is no longer in our district or region. They'll have to become band waggoners for Caldwell. :D

Oh my...now we're with Rockdale....that means Go Blue...oh dear. :D

You can have GO BLUE, he is just a LH band waggoner himself.

We tried to keep you guys in our pre-district schedule from what I heard, you wouldn't have anything to do with it.:p :p :p

Sorry that you still have navasota in your district, they will be pretty salty. What is the latest on madisonville???

LHexPlayer
02-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't like the move to region I. Ohwell what are you gonna do.

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I was figuring the Waco schools weren't full of Puerto Ricans and Cubans, if this is a wrong assessment, then I am sorry.

Oh! I'm sorry. I thought you meant minorities in general. I didn't
realize you were being race specific.

ProudHornetMom
02-01-2008, 05:04 PM
"We tried to keep you guys in our pre-district schedule from what I heard, you wouldn't have anything to do with it.:p :p :p
Sorry that you still have navasota in your district, they will be pretty salty. What is the latest on madisonville???"

That's weird, we heard the same about Giddings not wanting to play us...hmmm.

Not sure about Madisonville other than their running back.

You know you're going to miss us and you're going to have to be on our wagon...right? Just say yes ma'am.

buff4ever
02-01-2008, 05:06 PM
why do you think we're playing la vernia, we couldn't get anyone closer to play us.

buff4life
02-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
"We tried to keep you guys in our pre-district schedule from what I heard, you wouldn't have anything to do with it.:p :p :p
Sorry that you still have navasota in your district, they will be pretty salty. What is the latest on madisonville???"

That's weird, we heard the same about Giddings not wanting to play us...hmmm.

Not sure about Madisonville other than their running back.

You know you're going to miss us and you're going to have to be on our wagon...right? Just say yes ma'am.

coach is trying to cover it up...i know we wanted to play yall...they were talking about it this year before football season was over

texasjeremy
02-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh! I'm sorry. I thought you meant minorities in general. I didn't
realize you were being race specific.

Its the same as saying that all-white schools usually aren't that good in basketball. There are always exceptions though.

Mustangpride09
02-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Couldn't be happier with Sweetwater's district. Not being sarcastic either, im going to love watching snyder not win a district game.

DaHop72
02-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Couldn't be happier with Sweetwater's district. Not being sarcastic either, im going to love watching snyder not win a district game. You are such a funny young man. http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

texasjeremy
02-01-2008, 05:42 PM

Do you know who the other two non-district opponents Waxahachie will face? I can't find any info anywhere. Common sense would say Red Oak and Lancaster (because of proximity), but they may have already been scheduled.