PDA

View Full Version : Wylie's predistrict schedule???

Adidas410s
02-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Celina
Liberty Hill
Vernon
Aledo
Frenship

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Texasfootball2
02-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Celina
Vernon
Aledo
Frenship
Abilene Cooper

Then the real tough part of the schedule would begin in district 2:D

Matthew328
02-01-2008, 01:45 PM
is wylie-Celina confirmed?

Adidas410s
02-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
just being facetious ;)

Texasfootball2
02-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

We are just dreaming:rolleyes:

wildstangs
02-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I got to thinking, I wonder who Cooper is going to play in non-district. I assume they will play a game with Abilene High. Wylie-Cooper wont happen, so where do the Coogs get the rest of their games? The old district (Midland, Odessa, San Angelo) is locked into a 10 team district. I guess the Coogs will be playing Wichita Falls or metroplex teams for non-district.

Adidas410s
02-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I got to thinking, I wonder who Cooper is going to play in non-district. I assume they will play a game with Abilene High. Wylie-Cooper wont happen, so where do the Coogs get the rest of their games? The old district (Midland, Odessa, San Angelo) is locked into a 10 team district. I guess the Coogs will be playing Wichita Falls or metroplex teams for non-district.
yep...or maybe they'll HAVE to play Wylie.

Brownwood would probably happen again. I doubt they would play Stephenville.

garciap77
02-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Celina
Liberty Hill
Abilene Cooper
Aledo
Frenship

Adidas410s
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Wylie tends to be pretty slow with getting their games schedule released...so I doubt we see it too soon unless we can piece it together from other schedules.

Matthew328
02-01-2008, 02:13 PM
I know Abilene Cooper has Hebron scheduled for one game

michaelp23
02-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Celina
Liberty Hill
Abilene Cooper
Aledo
Frenship

Are you making that up or do you have reliable info? That's a brutal scedule. :doh: :eek:

michaelp23
02-01-2008, 03:59 PM
By the way, I heard from a reliable source that Cooper Head coach and AD Spradlin has directed all athletic coaches at Cooper that they are not allowed to schedule Wylie for anything. They were embarrassed last year when both the girls and boys basketball teams lost to Wylie. Shortly after, he made that decision. This would be a departure from his own policy. But maybe they don't have a choice?:thinking:

thewyliefan
02-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
By the way, I heard from a reliable source that Cooper Head coach and AD Spradlin has directed all athletic coaches at Cooper that they are not allowed to schedule Wylie for anything. They were embarrassed last year when both the girls and boys basketball teams lost to Wylie. Shortly after, he made that decision. This would be a departure from his own policy. But maybe they don't have a choice?:thinking:

you know what, its sad because thats true. they dont want to play wylie, i guess maybe a pride thing? but who knows maybe dropping down to 3A and having a 3A right down the road will make him change his mind.

Stangs325
02-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Celina
Liberty Hill
Vernon
Aledo
Frenship

is that a for sure schedule??

thewyliefan
02-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Stangs325
is that a for sure schedule??

no. sandifer usually keeps it under wraps till the last second. you can usually put it all together though when the teams they play schedules come out.

injuredinmelee
02-01-2008, 07:59 PM
It will be a travesty if Spradlin doesnt have the stones to play Wylie.

michaelp23
02-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
It will be a travesty if Spradlin doesnt have the stones to play Wylie.

Don't hold your breath. I don't see it happening. Cooper sees it as they have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Can you imagine them losing to a 3A school in football? (Even a good one like Wylie) With their proud history (excluding the past 5 or 6 years) it would be a huge blow to their ego.:rolleyes:

wyliegrad04
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23

I can definitely confirm this is true, I talked to Wylie sup Don Harrison about this today ... confirmed that Cooped will not play Wylie in sporting events ... so unless something changes, it won't happen.

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Official from La Vega ISD. La Vega and Abilene Wylie will be meeting in Week 3. Should be a great matchup. This is pretty much official without being official.

pirate4state
02-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Official from La Vega ISD. La Vega and Abilene Wylie will be meeting in Week 3. Should be a great matchup. This is pretty much official without being official. wow i know where i'll be week 3 :nerd: ;) :D

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Not sure on location. I just know about the match-up.

slingshot
02-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Good grief! '08 3A Football is going to be Madness! Wylie vs Liberty Hill and La Vega then the 'Murderer's Row' in District 2-3A! Brownwood vs Liberty Hill and Stephenville then the same 'Killing Fields' in district play! Liberty Hill playing the ungodly schedule they have on the board! Region 1 is going to be a blood bath... guess I better stock up on splints and ammonia vials ('smelling salts') for the games we play in--gonna be some serious head knocking...

thewyliefan
02-02-2008, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Good grief! '08 3A Football is going to be Madness! Wylie vs Liberty Hill and La Vega then the 'Murderer's Row' in District 2-3A! Brownwood vs Liberty Hill and Stephenville then the same 'Killing Fields' in district play! Liberty Hill playing the ungodly schedule they have on the board! Region 1 is going to be a blood bath... guess I better stock up on splints and ammonia vials ('smelling salts') for the games we play in--gonna be some serious head knocking...

where did you see that wylie was playing LH?

LH Panther Mom
02-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
where did you see that wylie was playing LH?
I got our tentative pre-district schedule from one of our coaches...Week One.

injuredinmelee
02-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I got our tentative pre-district schedule from one of our coaches...Week One.

this is huge!!! I cant wait.

slingshot
02-02-2008, 12:17 PM
I had heard that this was a distinct possibilty back in the fall when some LH coaches came to watch us play on one of yall's open weeks and then serious discussions ensued about a series starting in '08... had kept my fingers crossed ever since. The series with Wimberely was fun--always a good thing to play new folks and quality teams--and you guys are definitely that!

Do you know where we play this year?