PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Brownwood

Stownhorse
02-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the fans that will pile in from Brownwood soon. Good luck in District 2-3A!

Old Tiger
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
welcome lions. I have been to brownwood a time or two.

Stownhorse
02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
yea, pretty lively town.

bwdlionfan
02-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Thank ya!

We're lookin forward to playin schools our size finally. It's looking like our schedule isn't any easier though. The tenative schedule is against teams who were a combined 93-32 last season, only one team that failed to reach the playoffs, and two 4A schools (stephenville and manor).

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

We're lookin forward to playin schools our size finally.

We're still waiting for that chance.:thinking: :D :devil:

garciap77
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM
bwdlionfan, besides your qb who else is coming back next season?

STANG RED
02-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Welcome to Brownwood, from the frying pan to the fire. It aint gonna be easy for yall, and yall sure didnt make it any easier on us.

Everyone who comes out alive after the season, gets a "We Survived 3A District 2" t-shirt, for the next 2 seasons. :D

I may not be around to collect mine.:( My heart will never take it.

Texasfootball2
02-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Welcome to Brownwood, from the frying pan to the fire. It aint gonna be easy for yall, and yall sure didnt make it any easier on us.

Everyone who comes out alive after the season, gets a "We Survived 3A District 2" t-shirt, for the next 2 seasons. :D

GOOD POST:thumbsup:

wildstangs
02-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Impressive list of coaches in our district as well. I wonder how many wins Sandefer, Freeman, Jackson, Rogers, and McCoy have between them. I am pretty sure the Breckenridge coach was a first year head coach.

jason
02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
what all does brownwood have coming back, i know this last season, they had a bunch back from the team before, and, IMO, they way underachieved last year...they won a game they probably shouldnt have and lost a few they shouldnt have...

wouldnt surprise me one bit to see them left out of the playoffs....

bwdlionfan
02-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Brownwood will roll in to the playoffs, not saying it will be a cakewalk, but they will make it out of district. No disrespect here, but in no way does Wylie, Sweetwater, Graham, and Snyder compare to Copperas Cove, Waco High, Waco Midway, and Killeen. I don't see Brownwood having 3 losses in that district and sitting home. Brownwood beat Wylie last year 28-21 and Sweetwater 55-7.

Brownwood returns Casey Pachall at QB along with Kenny Vaccaro at DB/WR. Both will be starting for their 3rd season. Parker Taylor, the leading WR returns. Take a look here, it was a pretty senior led team, but our JV has been more than tested against should be 5A schools.

http://brownwoodlions.com/roster/

DU_stud04
02-01-2008, 02:20 PM
the only good thing in brownwood is underwoods and the beer barn across the street.

:)

Texasfootball2
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Brownwood will roll in to the playoffs, not saying it will be a cakewalk, but they will make it out of district. No disrespect here, but in no way does Wylie, Sweetwater, Graham, and Snyder compare to Copperas Cove, Waco High, Waco Midway, and Killeen. I don't see Brownwood having 3 losses in that district and sitting home. Brownwood beat Wylie last year 28-21 and Sweetwater 55-7.

Brownwood returns Casey Pachall at QB along with Kenny Vaccaro at DB/WR. Both will be starting for their 3rd season. Parker Taylor, the leading WR returns. Take a look here, it was a pretty senior led team, but our JV has been more than tested against should be 5A schools.

If I remember correctly. Wylie's JV absolutely dominated Brownwoods JV last year. Brownwood had some good looking kids but the game was no contest.

BwdLion_80
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Jason, your love for the Lions astounds me.:doh: :doh: :thinking: :thinking:

This year we will have our QB and 4 WR's. Our O line will have 2 starters back plus our TE. Our D will have the most to replace as we will only have 3 starters back. I feel that we will be a pretty young team this season with several sophs on varsity. Our JV struggled somewhat last year, but our f'man were very good. Then again, a lot of those JV kids might just progress quite a bit this off season.

jason
02-01-2008, 02:23 PM

i agree, they are no cove, midway, or killeen...but how did yall do against them - the cove game was a fluke - and you got beat by the others...brownwood will not roll into anything...

this is all IMO of course, and i dont know anything, so i guess just ignore me...

Texasfootball2
02-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80

This year we will have our QB and 4 WR's. Our O line will have 2 starters back plus our TE. Our D will have the most to replace as we will only have 3 starters back. I feel that we will be a pretty young team this season with several sophs on varsity. Our JV struggled somewhat last year, but our f'man were very good. Then again, a lot of those JV kids might just progress quite a bit this off season.

I will say that Brownwood has enough key players returning to make a serious run at a 3A title. The QB is a big timer and he's got plenty of help.

jason
02-01-2008, 02:25 PM

haha - i had nothing but love for them before last season - when cove beat bwood @ bwood the season before, i told people to watch out for brownwood...and the preseason rankings agreed with me...they just couldnt put it together in district...

garciap77
02-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Brownwood vs Wylie will be best match up in this dist.

I say

1. Brownwood
2. Wylie
3. Sweetwater

Go luck to all team in our dist.

BwdLion_80
02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by jason
haha - i had nothing but love for them before last season - when cove beat bwood @ bwood the season before, i told people to watch out for brownwood...and the preseason rankings agreed with me...they just couldnt put it together in district...

There was way to many issues going on with the Sr.'s on last years team. The coaches tried and tried to make it work, but to much inner problems. Mom's and Dad's talking to Jr. can cause more problems than most people can ever imagine.

jason
02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
There was way to many issues going on with the Sr.'s on last years team. The coaches tried and tried to make it work, but to much inner problems. Mom's and Dad's talking to Jr. can cause more problems than most people can ever imagine. ooh - i knew they were going to be heavy with the seniors - too bad, they could have done good things...things were looking good for them, especially after they left cove with a Win*....

;)

now, i might have to make a trip to Tarleton Memorial for that stephenville vs brownwood matchup...

bwdlionfan
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Is it set to be in Stephenville?

jason
02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
i dont know, i just assumed it will be a home and home - and i had a 50/50 shot of guessing it would be in the 'ville next year lol...

Looking4number8
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM
It is gonna be awesome being in 3A. Love the towns we are playing. It is goning to be much better than playing in Waco and Kileen every week!

We look foward to some great games and hopefully some even greater victories!

Rocket
02-01-2008, 02:50 PM
How far did Abilene Wylie make it last season? We beat them by 7, BUT we pretty much handled the game, the score didn't reflect how well we played that game. That should give you a small reflection of what we will be able to do.

Nobody is saying that they should go ahead and ship the state championship trophy to Brownwood, but the LEVEL we have had to play in the last 4 years will be an advantage for us.

Basically, Jason, your opinion is just that... your opinion... not worth a whole lot...Brownwood has resources and a strong tradition and will be ready to do the job... it will be hard earned, no doubt. The difference is this..... In 4A, we were underdogs in the big games, in 3A, we will be as good or better than any team we play.

Take your team and put them up against Copperas Cove and Waco High last season.. nuff said...

Snyder_TigerFan
02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
October should be fun.:D

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
How far did Abilene Wylie make it last season? We beat them by 7, BUT we pretty much handled the game, the score didn't reflect how well we played that game. That should give you a small reflection of what we will be able to do.

Nobody is saying that they should go ahead and ship the state championship trophy to Brownwood, but the LEVEL we have had to play in the last 4 years will be an advantage for us.

Basically, Jason, your opinion is just that... your opinion... not worth a whole lot...Brownwood has resources and a strong tradition and will be ready to do the job... it will be hard earned, no doubt. The difference is this..... In 4A, we were underdogs in the big games, in 3A, we will be as good or better than any team we play.

Take your team and put them up against Copperas Cove and Waco High last season.. nuff said...

We beat ya'll two seasons ago. Do you remember that FG as
time expired?:thinking: :devil:

Rocket
02-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Yep. You beat a SUPER YOUNG Brownwood team in 2006. Your team last season looked like an 8th grade B team. I guess you don't want to bring that up though. We were trying not to score and you guys were pushing us in the endzone.. man that was embarassing.

http://www.brownwoodlions.com/statistics/stats/Sweetwater.pdf

http://www.brownwoodlions.com/media/gallery/videoSweetwater.php

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Yep. You beat a SUPER YOUNG Brownwood team in 2006. Your team last season looked like an 8th grade B team. I guess you don't want to bring that up though. We were trying not to score and you guys were pushing us in the endzone.. man that was embarassing.

http://www.brownwoodlions.com/statistics/stats/Sweetwater.pdf

We played ya'll last year?:confused: :D

Snydertigersrul
02-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
It is gonna be awesome being in 3A. Love the towns we are playing. It is goning to be much better than playing in Waco and Kileen every week!

We look foward to some great games and hopefully some even greater victories!

Welcome to 3A and the downlow.

Emerson1
02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
WOS

Emerson1
02-01-2008, 04:36 PM
H
A lot of teams could of beat Copperas Cove without their best player, waco was 1 and done

Looking4number8
02-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
We beat ya'll two seasons ago. Do you remember that FG as
time expired?:thinking: :devil:

I remember that looooong field goal as time expired.... shoot it woke my up in a nightmare just the other night...

That year the Mustangs had a double threat in the backfield that was very impressive. You took a 14 point lead and we made a good comback but not enough!!!

The field goal was a killer... I did not sleep for weeks!

thewyliefan
02-01-2008, 04:55 PM
its good to see that some of the bwood posters took no time to tell everyone how much better they were than everyone haha. they should fit in juuuuust fine.

Looking4number8
02-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
its good to see that some of the bwood posters took no time to tell everyone how much better they were than everyone haha. they should fit in juuuuust fine.

It seems we are always the team everybody loves to hate. In 16 -4A we were by far the smallest and everyone came on our web site ( www.brownwoodlions.com )and talked trash... Cove especially hated us even before we pulled the upset last year.

Oh well, for us it is all in good fun. The coaches and players are ones that have to do what we fans say can be done! Aint it great!!!

On a side note, we have been in 3A for about 7 hours and I am already loving it. This site is great! Headed to paypal right now to donate a little and I encourage all Brownwood fans to put a little cash in the kitty for the moderater.

Look forward to talking a little trash in the next few days, months and years!

Rocket
02-01-2008, 06:02 PM
All in fun and love the site...

We knocked that Copperas Cove kid out... he couldn't handle it...So we caused it and we cashed in on the effect.

Waco High had a down game the week Ennis beat them. Ennis stopped the powerful running game. That is all Waco High had. 1 Dimensional...very methodical..

You guys are always welcome at BrownwoodLions.com... come check out last season and our messageboard is a good place. We like to take shots, but it is all in fun...

SWMustang
02-01-2008, 06:26 PM
All in fun and love the site...

We knocked that Copperas Cove kid out... he couldn't handle it...So we caused it and we cashed in on the effect.

Waco High had a down game the week Ennis beat them. Ennis stopped the powerful running game. That is all Waco High had. 1 Dimensional...very methodical..

You guys are always welcome at BrownwoodLions.com... come check out last season and our messageboard is a good place. We like to take shots, but it is all in fun...

I've posted over there before when Sweetwater played Bwood. I just tried to log on but I think my account is inactive. I re-registered - now I'm SWMustang89. I'll go rile up your troops with some off season smack talk :D

Looking4number8
02-01-2008, 06:33 PM
He changed providers or something and we all had to re registar at one time. The year you guys beat us, you really did get the site going... That was fun.... for you guys! Looking forward to the next couple of years. Now our games mean something.

markp08
02-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

I like the idea of the T-shirt. That should be Mandatory with this district! Welcome B-wood. We're glad you're here. Although the district is going to be darn tough, I'd MUCH rather have it that way than a pansy district. Football Friday night in B-wood!!!! I can't wait!!!

Go Bulldogs!

Lion_Addict
02-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Thank you for the welcome. Looking forward to some good spirited fun and some ole fashioned ribbing :D.

STANG RED
02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Yep. You beat a SUPER YOUNG Brownwood team in 2006.

Yep, and yall returned the favor by beating a SUPER YOUNG Sweetwater team in 2007. But those younguns finally figured out what varsity ball was all about a few weeks later, and turned into a pretty decent team. Sure didnt look good those first few weeks though. I know we'll have an excellent defense next season, and if we come up with a good QB, We should be in good shape on offense as well.

Key players staying healthy is going to be a biggy in this district, cause just losing 2 games could easily keep you home come playoff time. And tie breakers could easily play a roll in every playoff spot. The district champ will not go undefeated I guarantee!