PDA

View Full Version : New Class 3A Region I Geography

WOS87
02-01-2008, 01:10 PM
District 1 - RED
District 2 - ORANGE
District 3 - OLIVE GREEN
District 4 - Beige (Anthony, Clint, Fabens, Pecos, Fort Stockton, Tornillo)
District 5 - SKY BLUE
District 6 - Bye District (No Teams Assigned)
District 7 - DARK BLUE
District 8 - LIGHT PURPLE

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/3aregion1.gif

Sweetwater Red
02-01-2008, 01:40 PM
As far as travel it looks like Wylie has it the easiest and
Brownwood or Breckenridge have it the worst.:thinking:

BwdLion_80
02-01-2008, 01:43 PM
It is nothing new to us!! We have been traveling for years and years. This is great compared to the old "red river" district that we were in back in the day.

runthequarter
02-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Perryton-Cooper ouch

WOS87
02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
ttt

DU_stud04
02-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by runthequarter
Perryton-Cooper ouch its not the 240 miles inbetween the two that makes the drive long.... its the absolutely nothing that makes it a drag.... im sure you could fall asleep holding the steering wheel straight and you would eventually end up where you were heading. not insisting anyone should do it......

markp08
02-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
As far as travel it looks like Wylie has it the easiest and
Brownwood or Breckenridge have it the worst.:thinking:

It looks like to me the entire Region 1 was setup with Wylie in the center. Hugh must have used his connections in Austin to make sure the Region revolved around Wylie. We ALL know that Wylie gets preferential treatment!

:D :D :D

I am attempting satire here!

injuredinmelee
02-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by runthequarter
Perryton-Cooper ouch

I believe the Perryton baseball Coach a few years ago said that they were closer to three other State Capitols than they were to Austin.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by markp08
It looks like to me the entire Region 1 was setup with Wylie in the center. Hugh must have used his connections in Austin to make sure the Region revolved around Wylie. We ALL know that Wylie gets preferential treatment!

:D :D :D

I am attempting satire here!

Coach Jackson implied that when he was interviewed at the
Region 14 service center.:thinking: :devil:

SpeedOption
02-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah right Hugh and the UIL are tight.

markp08
02-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Coach Jackson implied that when he was interviewed at the
Region 14 service center.:thinking: :devil:

Yeah...I saw that interview. It was a classic quote by Kent! Good natured, of course. I sat by Hugh in church Sunday. He wasn't saying too much. I work out up at the Wylie Dog House in the morning before work. Let's just say there was a noticeable increase in the number of high school boys working out in there this morning!

:D

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by markp08
Yeah...I saw that interview. It was a classic quote by Kent! Good natured, of course. I sat by Hugh in church Sunday. He wasn't saying too much. I work out up at the Wylie Dog House in the morning before work. Let's just say there was a noticeable increase in the number of high school boys working out in there this morning!

:D

Mandatory work outs?:thinking: :eek: j/k

If you ask me the Breckenridge HC looked the least happy out
of all of them. Coach Jackson and Snyder's OC looked just plain
giddy on camera.

markp08
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Mandatory work outs?:thinking: :eek: j/k

If you ask me the Breckenridge HC looked the least happy out
of all of them. Coach Jackson and Snyder's OC looked just plain
giddy on camera.

Wouldn't you be if you were him? He just went from having a shot each year to being the doormat of the toughest district in the state! The road to the playoffs in District 2 may wind through Snyder, Sweetwater, Abilene and wind up in Brownwood, but they all have to make a stop off in B-ridge to wipe their feet off on the way! Ouch!!!!

:doh: :doh: :(

...and by the way...those kids working out this morning could have been the tennis team for all I know! :rolleyes: