PDA

View Full Version : Toughest District In The State - ???

Milk That Cow
02-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Which One Is The Toughest???

District 8
Burnet
Fredricksburg
Ingram Moore
Liberty Hill
Wimberley
Llano
Canyon Lake

District 24
Bryan Rudder
Caldwell
Cameron Yoe
Madisonville
Navasota
Rockdale
Taylor

District 2
Wylie
Graham
Breckenridge
Brownwood
Snyder
Sweetwater

Texasfootball2
02-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

District 8
Burnet
Fredricksburg
Ingram Moore
Liberty Hill
Wimberley
Llano
Canyon Lake

District 24
Bryan Rudder
Caldwell
Cameron Yoe
Madisonville
Navasota
Rockdale
Taylor

District 2
Wylie
Graham
Breckenridge
Brownwood
Snyder
Sweetwater
Flip a coin between 2 & 8

Panther One
02-01-2008, 11:08 AM
The kicker is going to be the Canyon Lake school. Ingram can't hang with 1A's, but if the CL school is good, you might have to go with 8.

Phil C
02-01-2008, 11:10 AM
District 31 AAA is now the toughest district in the state. This district has the most teams also. That increases the risk. And what is more the teams are very good and include former 4A power Robstown.

lion75
02-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Was Fredricksburg 4a? Were they good?

FutureAD
02-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
District 31 AAA is now the toughest district in the state. This district has the most teams also. That increases the risk. And what is more the teams are very good and include former 4A power Robstown.
maybe they can be put up there as the toughest dristict in baseball but no where near the toughest in football...lol

Texasfootball2
02-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
The kicker is going to be the Canyon Lake school. Ingram can't hang with 1A's, but if the CL school is good, you might have to go with 8.

Throw out Breckenridge in Dist 2 and Ingram in Dist 8, neither has a chance. The only edge I see is that there is one more team added to the formula in district 8. Either way, the three teams that are fortunate enough to survive these two districts and make the playoffs will be seriously battle tested. I looked at Region 1 in 4A and it is an easier road than region 1 in 3A.

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 11:13 AM
I think District 2 is probably going to be very competitive.

But everyone knows that Region 3 is the toughest. Heard it all last season. :eek:

So, the toughest District must be there somewhere. :thinking:

Snyder_TigerFan
02-01-2008, 11:21 AM

If I heard correctly, didn't the guys on the KMAC show say that Canyon Lake should be 5A in the next couple of years? I know nothing about them, but if they will be experiencing that kind of growth, one would assume that they should be pretty good.

pirate4state
02-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I think District 2 is probably going to be very competitive.

But everyone knows that Region 3 is the toughest. Heard it all last season. :eek:

So, the toughest District must be there somewhere. :thinking:

http://www.hartleymusic.com/broken%20record.jpg

:D

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://www.hartleymusic.com/broken%20record.jpg

:D
At least 12 months of that broken record is due. I love irony! :p

Tiger Baseball
02-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
If I heard correctly, didn't the guys on the KMAC show say that Canyon Lake should be 5A in the next couple of years? I know nothing about them, but if they will be experiencing that kind of growth, one would assume that they should be pretty good.

I think Canyon Lake is a new school!

TMer25
02-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball

It will be its second year open and first year of varsity sports I believe.

Panther One
02-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
They are. They're in Comal ISD; the same district as Smithson Valley and New Braunfels Canyon.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-01-2008, 11:38 AM
They are. They're in Comal ISD; the same district as Smithson Valley and New Braunfels Canyon.

Yeah the school is on RR 12 going into San Marcos.

TMer25
02-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

I thought it was on RM 32 before it meets 12

Old Tiger
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
The best athletes are in 24. Most competitive will be 8. IMO the top 2 playoff spots are a lock for Brownwood and A. Wylie.

District 24 contains two of thet op players in the state of Texas(Chris Whaley and Dexter Pratt)

Hill Man
02-01-2008, 12:29 PM

They should be competative next season and a real threat in 2..Most of the kids are coming out of the Smithson Valley system which are proven winners in 5A the last several years...

buff4ever
02-01-2008, 12:33 PM
district 8 will be very interesting. They will beat each other up quite a bit.

NastySlot
02-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

canyon lake freshman and jayvee's were weak.

im not part of 8 and it is tough...but i have to go with 2.

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
district 8 will be very interesting. They will beat each other up quite a bit.
Fresh meat..... :devil: ;)

NastySlot
02-01-2008, 02:16 PM
canyon lake answers.........i believe they will only have 9th -11th graders next year and will have four classes in two years....the area is getting a little growth but not all the rapid....they did take a little and mean a little from SV....but SV's growth and athletes come from the bulverde to S.A. corridor. and the school is located in fischer...which is between blanco and san marcos.......so it borders wimberley, blanco, san marcos and smithson valley attendence zones.

garciap77
02-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Dist 2 gets my vote!

big daddy russ
02-01-2008, 04:32 PM
I got district 2, with 8 not far behind. 2-3A doesn't have a single pushover, and five of their six teams are good enough to be district champs elsewhere.

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I have to say District 2. Oh and Bobcat Benny, Region 3 was the toughest last year. Probably not anymore, but last year it was without a doubt.

navscanmaster
02-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I am a D24 guy, but I will not give a vote to our district because Madisonville and Navasota, which will probably be the top two teams, did not play good defense at all last year, and only Rockdale should be known for defense, much like LaGrange was last year. SO......toss up between 2 and 8.......looks like 2 wins because of experience, offense and defense.

duckpluck
02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Canyon Lake will have grades 9 - 11 on the campus in the fall and the numbers are projected to be just over 950 when they are grades 9 - 12. (per a CL coach)

This is a fast growing area as well and they probably will be close to 4A numbers in 2010 realignment.

I wonder how this will effect Smithson Valley numbers in 5A the next couple of years.

duckpluck
02-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Who did Canyon Lakes JV and Freshmen play? What were the scores if anyone knows.

They played Fredricksburg I know for one.

TexanFan4Life
02-01-2008, 05:13 PM

District 24 looks really tough. Navasota, Madisonville, Caldwell and Rockdale are all going to be very good teams.

OldNavy
02-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
The best athletes are in 24. Most competitive will be 8. IMO the top 2 playoff spots are a lock for Brownwood and A. Wylie.

District 24 contains two of thet op players in the state of Texas(Chris Whaley and Dexter Pratt)

Wow! Which would go small school, Brownwood or A. Wylei?

Looks like there could be some mismatch opportunities in DII playoffs there.

cshscougar08
02-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Very much so. This is a prime example of some of the bigger 3A schools which should be playing in Division I, playing in Division II. Wish it didn't happen so much. But, it's slightly unavoidable.

buff4life
02-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
District 24 looks really tough. Navasota, Madisonville, Caldwell and Rockdale are all going to be very good teams.

Caldwell lost like 20 something or maybe more seniors....this will probably be a major rebuilding year for them...rockdale may make some noise...and what doesn madisonville have besides Whaley?

OldNavy
02-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Very much so. This is a prime example of some of the bigger 3A schools which should be playing in Division I, playing in Division II. Wish it didn't happen so much. But, it's slightly unavoidable.

I have wondered why the UIL doesn't have the 2 largest schools in a district going D1 and the smallest school in the District going D2. It looks like the larger schools should be playing 16 games because they should have more depth. Instead the large school only plays 15 games. Go figure.

Stangs325
02-01-2008, 06:36 PM

District 8
Burnet
Fredricksburg
Ingram Moore
Liberty Hill
Wimberley
Llano
Canyon Lake

District 24
Bryan Rudder
Caldwell
Cameron Yoe
Madisonville
Navasota
Rockdale
Taylor

District 2
Wylie
Graham
Breckenridge
Brownwood
Snyder
Sweetwater

its a close one..but ive go to go with district 2. And i can't wait to hear the Snyder posters now that there in a real district haha

Old Tiger
02-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Wow! Which would go small school, Brownwood or A. Wylei?

Looks like there could be some mismatch opportunities in DII playoffs there. I'm not an enrollment matters guy, so it don't matter to me.

Vrabird
02-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Can you imagine what baseball season will be like next year??? Three of the toughest programs in South Texas are in the same district!!! Robstown, Falfurrias, and Sinton will be fighting it out for the district title. Whoever comes out of this district should be well groomed for a run at the state title. Football should be interesting too.

Stangs325
02-01-2008, 06:54 PM

District 8
Burnet
Fredricksburg
Ingram Moore
Liberty Hill
Wimberley
Llano
Canyon Lake

District 24
Bryan Rudder
Caldwell
Cameron Yoe
Madisonville
Navasota
Rockdale
Taylor

District 2
Wylie
Graham
Breckenridge
Brownwood
Snyder
Sweetwater

its a close one..but ive go to go with district 2. And i can't wait to hear the Snyder posters now that there in a real district haha

STANG RED
02-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

It's actually on 32, about 1/2 way between Blanco and where 12 turns north toward Wimberley.
It's a very dangerous road right in that area also. East bound people come flying over a hill right before the turn in to that school. And really that whole stretch of 32 from the school to Blanco is very curvy and some deep canyon drop offs on either side. Just a matter of time before students going to that new school have a bad wreck on that road.

ProudHornetMom
02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Caldwell lost like 20 something or maybe more seniors....this will probably be a major rebuilding year for them...rockdale may make some noise...and what doesn madisonville have besides Whaley?

Caldwell lost 25 seniors off the roster, all valued players and leaders. They've led the younger ones well. We do 13 returning varsity players with 8 starters returning. We don't have Xavier but we have Nelson Scott, Kyson Woolverton, Randel Lister returning, all who have speed. The offensive line has three returning starters in Gage, Meckel and Sheppard. Defense has Herrmann, Sims, Tucker, Clemmons, McCoy and Havens returning. Trenton Sims played both as QB and running back this year.

We'll be fine. We'll be competitive. Other teams are losing players as well and have new players moving up. Last year, no one thought we'd get anywhere and we did. We'll do it again.

cameron91
02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
this will be a very tuff distric.. just like the rest of the teams here cameron also return with alot of young talent.Too bad it not like 5a and 4a where we can send 4 teams to the playoffs.we don't even know how the bryan school will look.I'm not going to make a homer pick and say cameron will win.i'm just glad to see them still in 3a..welcome back CALDWELL...

ProudHornetMom
02-01-2008, 10:21 PM
I heard that Cameron's enrollment was 8 over the cutoff (438). Cameron and Caldwell have had a long standing rivalry, it will be a fun year.

Bryan Rudder is a 9th and 10th grade campus and their varsity team will be sophomores. Of course, their selection field is much larger since they're picking a team from at least 300 sophomores. Their head coach is C. M. Pier, an awesome coach who will do a great job. They're young but well coached and they have nothing to lose. I don't think we need to take them for granted.

pooch
02-01-2008, 10:23 PM

NastySlot
02-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
It's actually on 32, about 1/2 way between Blanco and where 12 turns north toward Wimberley.
It's a very dangerous road right in that area also. East bound people come flying over a hill right before the turn in to that school. And really that whole stretch of 32 from the school to Blanco is very curvy and some deep canyon drop offs on either side. Just a matter of time before students going to that new school have a bad wreck on that road.

Devil's Backbone.......there's a pretty good bbq place out there.

trojan37
02-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Whoever does this blog on texasfootball.com likes 2-3A as well

2/1/08 BLOG -- Part II
For my initial take on realignment, go to the previous blog below.
For now, here's another reader email, this from another anonymous football fan in Fort Worth), who asked: "If you were to do a preseason top 10 in 3A, what would it be?"
My response: Very tough call, seeing as I don't have a single Q&A back from coaches (it might have to do with the fact they haven't received them yet). Nevertheless, I'd hate to let this reader down, so here's my very premature take on Class 3A:
1. Liberty Hill ... two in a row is all I have to say
2. Brownwood ... underachived in 4A last year, but could break out in '08
3. Celina ... will always have a home in a Top 10
4. Waco La Vega ... young teams of past two years will be all grown up
5. Navasota ... dynamic 1-2 punch at QB and RB
6. Gilmer ... facing losses, but does return solid QB
7. Wimberley ... played excellent during second half of the season
8. Glen Rose ... returning 2,000-yard passer in Derek Thompson
9. China Spring ... must overcome loss of QB Dustin Eskew
10. Carthage ... returns a stud at QB in Si'Darrius Blackshire

2/1/08 BLOG -- Part I
Well, I'm sure my reactions will continue into the night, but from a first glance, here are some things that stick out to me from the UIL's realignment announced at 9 a.m. this morning (or 9:30 -- when the UIL site finally started working):
Power District: 2-3A I haven't fully scanned every district just yet, but from what I can tell, District 2 in Class 3A is the most loaded district of any class in the state. Brownwood, a castoff from 4A, could be the preseason No. 1 team with what it has returning. Abilene Wylie has become a perennial playoff team, as have Snyder, Sweetwater and Graham. And Breckenridge is far from a slouch. The three playoff teams that emerge will unquestionably have earned that right.

bandera7
02-02-2008, 03:14 AM
I have to go with two being harder...its the most competitive across the board. Eight will be competitive in football, and after that...I have this nasty feeling Liberty Hill will own everything else pretty good. District 2 has good teams all around for every sport.

District 11 is gonna be a nasty basketball district.
District 31 is baseball.
Like I said, district 8 may be the most competitive football district.
But all around, 2 is by far the most competitive district in the state.

sinton66
02-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by FutureAD
maybe they can be put up there as the toughest dristict in baseball but no where near the toughest in football...lol

You can bet it will be among the top two in baseball.

clhsdad
07-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Canyon Lake JV went 6-3 against 4a and 5a jv teams, wouldn't call that weak. Defeated SV, Hays, Steele and O'Connor to name a few. We are probably a year away from being a contender but take us lightly and we might suprise some teams.

celinaorange
07-29-2008, 02:54 PM
District 2 with out any doubt.

STANG RED
07-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by clhsdad
Canyon Lake JV went 6-3 against 4a and 5a jv teams, wouldn't call that weak. Defeated SV, Hays, Steele and O'Connor to name a few. We are probably a year away from being a contender but take us lightly and we might suprise some teams.

I never put much stock into JV records as to how well they will do at the varsity level, but I've always figured Canyon Lake would be pretty decent pretty quick.
I love that school by the way. I used to work for the electrical contractor that was on that project, and had to go out there several times during construction. That is an extremely nice school! That highway to and from is a little dangerous though. I hope everyone is being careful out there.

ronwx5x
07-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by celinaorange
District 2 with out any doubt.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Dist. 2 will not win a single game!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

STANG RED
07-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Dist. 2 will not win a single game!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

And thats why its the toughest. They are all so good, they will all be 0-10 at the end of the season. Tricky I know, but I'm sure it will happen that way.:D

clhsdad
07-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Agreed jv success does not always translate to the varsity but it is a good indication. The comment was jv was weak and that was not true. At some point the team you play at the jv level will be your opponent at the varsity level. As I said we hope to be competetive and maybe surprise some teams.

Thanks for the safety concerns and yes we are installing a traffic light at 306 and 32 probably need one at 12 as well. Hopefully that will happen soon.

STANG RED
07-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Agreed jv success does not always translate to the varsity but it is a good indication. The comment was jv was weak and that was not true. At some point the team you play at the jv level will be your opponent at the varsity level. As I said we hope to be competetive and maybe surprise some teams.

Thanks for the safety concerns and yes we are installing a traffic light at 306 and 32 probably need one at 12 as well. Hopefully that will happen soon.

Not sure where your getting this weak thing from. I certainly never implied it. At least I didnt mean to, and dont think I did.:confused: But whatever. Good Luck in the seasons to come. I have no doubt CL will be very successful somewhere down the road. Maybe even sooner than later.

clhsdad
07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Stang Red no you never said or implied that, someone on page 2 made a comment about jv being weak. I appreciate your support and postive comments.

STANG RED
07-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Stang Red no you never said or implied that, someone on page 2 made a comment about jv being weak. I appreciate your support and postive comments.

Cool!
The longer your on here you'll find that some of the youngsters (and even some of the oldsters) like to push buttons just to see what kind of reaction they can get. Try not to get sucked into that nonsense if you can. But I know its hard sometimes. For the most part this is a great site, with a bunch of great folks on it from all over the state. There are a lot of characters on here for sure (I guess I'm one of them), but it wont take you too long to seperate the BS from meat, if you pay attention. Welcome to the board by the way! I do believe you are our first Canyon Lake poster. Round up some more. The more the marrier around here. But I have to warn you. This site is highly addictive!!! But it's worth it. And we do actually talk lots of football and other sports when their in season, and argue about the final outcomes once the season is over. It's a lot of fun.

HEMOTOXIC
07-29-2008, 05:16 PM
My vote goes to district 2 3a. However, the other two districts are not far behind. Considering Navasota, Rockdale, Madisonville, Cameron, and Caldwell all in the same district. Anytime that you have big time rivals as in Caldwell, Rockdale, and Cameron that only adds fuel to the fire. Hopefully they will beat each other up before meeting the Rattlers.

gold_33
07-29-2008, 06:27 PM
District 8 no doubt. Home of the state champions for the past three years, Wimberley and Liberty Hill.

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
I would say District 8 if you could throw Ingram out of there. I have to go with District 2.

ziggy29
08-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
I would say District 8 if you could throw Ingram out of there. I have to go with District 2.
I would agree. Top to bottom, 2-3A is the toughest. Apart from Ingram (and we really don't know about Canyon Lake), 8-3A is brutal too.

I suspect these two districts will have fifth place teams that would be solid playoff teams in other districts, if not possible contenders for first place in lesser districts.

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
I would agree. Top to bottom, 2-3A is the toughest. Apart from Ingram (and we really don't know about Canyon Lake), 8-3A is brutal too.

I suspect these two districts will have fifth place teams that would be solid playoff teams in other districts, if not possible contenders for first place in lesser districts.
Good to have a 'Jacket on board! Welcome! :)

Txbroadcaster
08-15-2008, 04:34 PM
My question is..What do u call tough? A district with 3 or 4 teams considered top teams? Or a district that 1-6 all the teams are about even? IMO the second district is "toughest" because on any given Friday night any team can lose...might not be the best teams, but when all the teams are even, IMO that makes it tougher

ziggy29
08-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Good to have a 'Jacket on board! Welcome! :)
Thanks. There was quite a bit of groaning here in Jacket Country when the realignment was announced. I think most figured we'd get either LH or Wimberley, but not both...and add two strong former 4A programs in F'burg and Burnet dropping to 3A and it looks bleak.

Even if the Jackets are improved over last year's team that went three-deep into the playoffs, I can't see them higher than fourth place in District 8, and I suspect fifth may be more likely. But we're hopeful that an upset or two can get the Jackets into the playoffs.

ziggy29
08-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
My question is..What do u call tough? A district with 3 or 4 teams considered top teams? Or a district that 1-6 all the teams are about even? IMO the second district is "toughest" because on any given Friday night any team can lose...might not be the best teams, but when all the teams are even, IMO that makes it tougher
I think it's a combination of both the power at the top *and* the strength of the team at the bottom.

I go with 2-3A as the toughest over 8-3A because the "weakest" team in District 2 is likely to be much, much, much tougher than the weakest team in District 8, and is much more capable of an upset.

Rabid Cougar
08-15-2008, 06:16 PM
2007's 17 3 A.
I know, living in the past.
I hate the new District 7.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-15-2008, 07:07 PM
District 2 :eek: but will it hurt them come playoff time?

LeonJr
08-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Leon says "This year's 3(A) state champs will NOT come out of district 2, 8 or 24!"

popcorn screen
08-17-2008, 12:55 PM
D2 only has one pushover - Breck. So I go with them. No offense to the Bucks, but you are in for a long season.

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Looks like it may have turned out to be district 9. We will see how the playoffs roll. :p

Texasfootball2
11-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Looks like it may have turned out to be district 9. We will see how the playoffs roll. :p

Are you joking BobcatBenny. Sorry, but I can't see it, and don't know what your basing it on.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Are you joking BobcatBenny. Sorry, but I can't see it, and don't know what your basing it on.
It's because someone in the district beat them for a change. :stirpot:

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 12:58 PM
It's because someone in the district beat them for a change. :stirpot: http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Sorry bobcat1.

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Well, I am always generally joking, but I did glance at WOS87's Week 10 Power Ratings and to a certain extent, I can make an arguable case. ;)

And we were all aware that WOS87's ratings would become more accurate as the season progressed. :nerd:

Texasfootball2
11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Well, I am always generally joking, but I did glance at WOS87's Week 10 Power Ratings and to a certain extent, I can make an arguable case. ;)

And we were all aware that WOS87's ratings would become more accurate as the season progressed. :nerd: When your district champion Prosper only beats 2-8, 0-5 Gainsevilles 21-10, it says more towards medeocrcy (sp?) than it does toward how strong. I looked at Argyles (6-4) schedule and it wasn't that strong of a schedule.

Here how I look at it. If Arylie, Prosper, and Celina were all in District 2, how many of them (honestly) do you think wound have made the playoffs.

Heres district two:
Abilene Wylie
Sweetwater
Snyder
Brownwood
Graham
Breckenridge

And I don't just look at records, I look at a combination of record and strength of schedule. Brownwood had a terrible record and was only 1-4 in district play but could have easily won any of the four games they lost. Nobody played a tougher schedule the Brownwood.

Sweetwater Red
11-10-2008, 01:25 PM

I'll take posters that were MIA for the most part while their team
was getting knocked around the entire regular season but
decide to show up for their very short playoff run for $1000 Alex.:thinking:

Yes, I'm aware that I just composed a 35 word sentence.:D

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 01:30 PM
... Here how I look at it. If Arylie, Prosper, and Celina were all in District 2, how many of them (honestly) do you think wound have made the playoffs. ...

Definitely Prosper and Celina ... and Argyle would be able to make a great case for beating any of those teams too.

So worst case senario, in your supposed district you would end up with AW, Prosper and Celina in the playoffs.

AW is the only team that would have stood a chance in district 9 if I turned it around.

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Definitely Prosper and Celina ... and Argyle would be able to make a great case for beating any of those teams too.

So worst case senario, in your supposed district you would end up with AW, Prosper and Celina in the playoffs.

AW is the only team that would have stood a chance in district 9 if I turned it around. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sure glad the orange koolaid isn't poison.

Texasfootball2
11-10-2008, 01:36 PM

AW is the only team that would have stood a chance in district 9 if I turned it around.

I disagree with you. Sweetwater only lost two games 14-0 to Wylie and 10-6 to Burkburnett, and I think it's a toss up between Brownwood , Snyder and all three playoff teams from District 9.

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
I disagree with you. Sweetwater only lost two games 14-0 to Wylie and 10-6 to Burkburnett, and I think it's a toss up between Brownwood , Snyder and all three playoff teams from District 9.
We will see. I love the playoffs! You could be right. ;)

footballguru
11-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I think the toughest district not only top to bottom but best teams is district 25. All six teams finished above .500 and here was the final district standings.

Bellville - 9-1
Giddings - 7-3
Sealy - 6-4
La Grange - 6-4
Columbus - 6-4
Smithville - 5-5

Texasfootball2
11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
I think the toughest district not only top to bottom but best teams is district 25. All six teams finished above .500 and here was the final district standings.

Bellville - 9-1
Giddings - 7-3
Sealy - 6-4
La Grange - 6-4
Columbus - 6-4
Smithville - 5-5

Final standing say nothing because they could have all played 5 2A schools in non-district and then gone 0-5 or 1-4 in district. Again I use Brownwood as an example 3-7 with losses to Liberty Hill, Ab. Wylie, Waco LV, Sweetwater, Snyder, Stephenville (4A). Six teams who have been or are still in the top 15 and they were in each game and could have won any of the six games.

Yes, district 25 looks like a very tough district and some good teams are staying home. There are several districts with some really good teams staying home but records can be misleading.

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/3aprweek10.gif

pirate4state
11-10-2008, 03:54 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 03:55 PM
:D :D :D :D

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Where are you now TF2? :p

Texasfootball2
11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Where are you now TF2? :p I'm right here and you still haven't convinced me of anything.:D

Texasfootball2
11-10-2008, 04:06 PM
If Celina was as good as you say you are, how did you lose two non district games with that non district schedule

DaHop72
11-10-2008, 04:06 PM

Massey says(my bible)-per BILLYFRED

Bridgeport
Gilmer
Prosper
Sweetwater
Carthage
Liberty Hill
China Spring
West Orange-Stark
Lavega
Navasota
Burkburnett
Bellville
Wylie
Monahans
Chapel Hill
Celina

Massey on 9/2/08

Liberty Hill
Celina
Abilene Wylie
WOS
LaVega
Giddings
China Spring
Robinson
Cuero
Graham
Argyle
Burkburnett
Liberty Eylau
Royse City
Vernon
Carthage

:D :D

BILLYFRED0000
11-10-2008, 04:09 PM
If Celina was as good as you say you are, how did you lose two non district games with that non district schedule

Simple, best o lineman and best running backs down and not playing. Everybody healthy now and if the jr qb keeps playing like he has the last couple of games we are a lot better than we look. Still IMHO it is stacked against us to win state but we are better than we have been all year thanks to the injury bug finally giving us a break.

Texasfootball2
11-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Simple, best o lineman and best running backs down and not playing. Everybody healthy now and if the jr qb keeps playing like he has the last couple of games we are a lot better than we look. Still IMHO it is stacked against us to win state but we are better than we have been all year thanks to the injury bug finally giving us a break.

Unless someone gets hot it looks like a fairly easy track to a meeting with LH. :D Not sure why you think it's stacked:doh:

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Who here is saying anything specifically about Celina? Other than WOS87? :D

I honestly think I have been pretty reasonable with my homerism for my Bobcats.

Maybe reasonable with all except Prosper. But who other than that ludicrous Farmersville fan really thought Prosper would beat Celina? Which inevitably is like me picking against Liberty Hill every week. Eventually I will be correct. ;)

Originally posted by BobcatBenny at 07-31-2008 02:00 PM
It is tough for me to predict Celina's record this season.

I am not as familiar with the kids that will be making up the O and D line.

It would not be out the realm of possibility that Celina could loose a regular season game. Celina has two teams scheduled that beat them the last time that they played.

I certainly think it is feasable that Celina could make it to the Semi-Finals or beyond.

2008 Celina Bobcats: 12-3, 13-2, 14-1, 15-1 or 16-0

Is that specific enough? :D

Pick6
11-10-2008, 04:24 PM
It's pretty simple, RII IS WEAK

BILLYFRED0000
11-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Unless someone gets hot it looks like a fairly easy track to a meeting with LH. :D Not sure why you think it's stacked:doh:

That is kinda what I meant. Probly get to the regi finals and maybe state semi's. At that point well it depends on who and how and injuries. We have improved a lot. I think we have a shot if we play our best but it definetly is not like the last 3 years when we knew we had a top team.

garciap77
11-10-2008, 10:35 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/3aprweek10.gif Celina is weak!;) And so is Benny!:D

BobcatBenny
11-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Celina is weak!;) And so is Benny!:D
Quit teasing me! :bigcry: :bigcry:

What I love the most, is the fact that no one will challenge WOS87's ratings! It is like they are sacred. LOL

Dems da sacred 3ADL powa raitins and no wun will arg you wit dem!!! :p

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Quit teasing me! :bigcry: :bigcry:

What I love the most, is the fact that no one will challenge WOS87's ratings! It is like they are sacred. LOL

Dems da sacred 3ADL powa raitins and no wun will arg you wit dem!!! :p
I just see no point in arguing with them. It doesn't mean I agree with them....or any other, for that matter.

BobcatBenny
11-11-2008, 12:13 AM
I just see no point in arguing with them. It doesn't mean I agree with them....or any other, for that matter.
Well if Celina can get their act together, then they have 89.4% chance of beating Liberty Hill by 8.2 points in the Semi-finals.

That .2 point scoring play is tough, but if anyone can do it, my Bobcats will be the first! :D

So it is written so let it be done! ;)