PDA

View Full Version : Wylie VS. Cooper

wildstangs
02-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Would be a fun non district game. Wylie plays 4A school all the time, anyone think this is a possibility?

pero chato
02-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Would be a fun non district game. Wylie plays 4A school all the time, anyone think this is a possibility?

Wylie played Cooper in baseball last year for the first time, and has played girls basketball for many years against both Abilene and Cooper. Football might be a different story although some of the sub varsity teams have played before.

Snyder_TigerFan
02-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Glad to see that Cooper has dropped to 4A. They are a team to keep an eye on. The new coach seems to be doing a good job with them.

Texasfootball2
02-01-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm happy for Cooper. This will be good for them. As for the game materializing. Don't see it happening. Last year the AISD went 0-11 against Wylie in basketball, baseball, and soccer. Both boys and girls. I was told by a very reliable source that the AD told the two campus coordinators that they are not to schedule Wylie in any sports in the future. The will only play if they meet up in a tournament or something like that. And Cooper would have nothing to gain by playing Wylie in football. All that being said, I could see Shotwell selling completely out if the two teams where to play. Especially if they scheduled on Abilene Highs open date. The $$$$$$$ for both schools would be huge.

Ranger Mom
02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Glad to see that Cooper has dropped to 4A. They are a team to keep an eye on. The new coach seems to be doing a good job with them.

Looking at their "OLD" districts new schedule, I bet they are GLAD they are moving down:

5-2A

Amarillo High
Amarillo Tascosa
Lubbock High
Lubbock Coronodo
Lubbock Monterey
Midland High
Midland Lee
Odessa High
Odessa Permian
San Angelo Central

BwdLion_80
02-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't think that you will ever see any Abilene ISD school playing Wylie in football, unless they get put in the same district in the future.

Adidas410s
02-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I'm happy for Cooper. This will be good for them. As for the game materializing. Don't see it happening. Last year the AISD went 0-11 against Wylie in basketball, baseball, and soccer. Both boys and girls. I was told by a very reliable source that the AD told the two campus coordinators that they are not to schedule Wylie in any sports in the future. The will only play if they meet up in a tournament or something like that. And Cooper would have nothing to gain by playing Wylie in football. All that being said, I could see Shotwell selling completely out if the two teams where to play. Especially if they scheduled on Abilene Highs open date. The $$$$$$$ for both schools would be huge.
Exactly...Cooper will only be further embarrassed by losing to Wylie.