PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill will not . . .

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 10:23 AM
. . . beat Celina in the State Championship in the next two years!

Even if Region I play Region II in the Championship Liberty Hill is now from the weak region. LOL

:D :p :D :p

NastySlot
02-01-2008, 10:26 AM
i have a feeling region I just got a lot tougher....take another look at the teams in region I................and with the addition of the teams in districts 25 and 26 region IV just got tougher..................really if you look at it all the regions will be tough but if you take a good look at region II you have to wonder how tough it really is.

Runnin Panther
02-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i have a feeling region I just got a lot tougher....take another look at the teams in region I................and with the addition of the teams in districts 25 and 26 region IV just got tougher..................really if you look at it all the regions will be tough but if you take a good look at region II you have to wonder how tough it really is.

I agree there is appears to be more balance among the four regions. I wonder if they had this in mind when the set up the regions, because I never considered a scenario that placed LH in region I.

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Heck, look at Celina's district. Celina's undefeated district streak is definitely not as likely as it once was.

I was just pointing out, unless they change the playoff brackets, LH and Celina have a 0% chance of meeting in the Championship game.

And then we get to use the weak Region I comments for at least the next year.

I am sure a few Snyder fans are in the pharmacy looking for the Humility Syrup. :D

NastySlot
02-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Heck, look at Celina's district. Celina's undefeated district streak is definitely not as likely as it once was.

I was just pointing out, unless they change the playoff brackets, LH and Celina have a 0% chance of meeting in the Championship game.

And then we get to use the weak Region I comments for at least the next year.

I am sure a few Snyder fans are in the pharmacy looking for the Humility Syrup. :D

celina will have some tougher district games....but they will be fine.........it's the program that wins .....not a team here and there every once in while.....................w

runthequarter
02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I agree there is appears to be more balance among the four regions. I wonder if they had this in mind when the set up the regions, because I never considered a scenario that placed LH in region I.

Yes balance and location were key factors this time.
Teams moving west was expected to fill up reg 1
because of the loss of population the last 10-20 years

Im not really surprised
Someone had to go west young man

Old Tiger
02-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i have a feeling region I just got a lot tougher....take another look at the teams in region I................and with the addition of the teams in districts 25 and 26 region IV just got tougher..................really if you look at it all the regions will be tough but if you take a good look at region II you have to wonder how tough it really is. tougher, no. More top heavy, yes ;)

NastySlot
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
the real problem with region one is that the top teams in the region got put into the same districts....district 2 might be the toughest in the state......in region II district 16 is good....region III i have no idea....looks like each district got only one or two tuff teams....region IV...districts 25, 26 and 28 tough.

BillyChapel
02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Burnet, Brownwood and Liberty hill in region 1=not weak.

buff4ever
02-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I said it on the other thread, I'll say it again. UIL made region 1 & 4 to have more quality teams. They spread power house region 3 out a little into the 2 weaker regions.

It will be more interesting this way, no doubt.:D

NastySlot
02-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by BillyChapel

District 2 = region I not weak.

trojan37
02-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Don't forget the addition of China Spring to region 1.Lots of players there. I have to agree Region II still looks like Celina's house, unless someone comes along and evicts them.

BobcatBenny
02-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by BillyChapel
IMO Burnet is getting a little too much love.

Texasfootball2
02-01-2008, 12:54 PM
IMO Burnet is getting a little too much love.

If you have to play them it will be tough love:thumbsup:

Old Tiger
02-01-2008, 12:56 PM
IMO Burnet is getting a little too much love. True. It's not the same Burnet that had Jordan and STephen and millions of fans.

Region I(As I see it)
Liberty Hill
Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Burnet*
China Spring*
Wimberely*

*Denotes teams on the bubble

Texasfootball2
02-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
True. It's not the same Burnet that had Jordan and STephen and millions of fans.

Region I(As I see it)
Liberty Hill
Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
Burnet*
China Spring*
Wimberely*

*Denotes teams on the bubble

I think the drop to 3A will bring back some of the ole fans, and remember they were a 4A playoff every year but one that they were in 4A so there's not that much of a drop off.