PDA

View Full Version : Jasper goes north

JasperDog94
02-01-2008, 10:21 AM
I like our new district.:D :D

Bearkat
02-01-2008, 10:41 AM
WOW, things didn't get any easier for the Bulldogs when it comes to baseball. They leave Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, and Silsbee and get Carthage and Lufkin-Hudson.

Panther One
02-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Carthage is going to be TOUGH next year in football.

JasperDog94
02-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
WOW, things didn't get any easier for the Bulldogs when it comes to baseball. They leave Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson, and Silsbee and get Carthage and Lufkin-Hudson. When you're the defending state champs, nothing is easy.:D

(I don't get to say that very often so indulge me.)

JasperDog94
02-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Carthage is going to be TOUGH next year in football. Jasper/Carthage should be a great game. Jasper was rebuilding under Coach Brooks last year and made a decent run at the end of the season.

Does anyone know where the enrollment numbers are for each school? I'm curious if Jasper is the largest school in district.

kepdawg
02-02-2008, 02:01 PM
I don't like the move north! It does look like it should be an easier football district, but I prefer the Silsbee, WOS, etc... district!

Aesculus gilmus
02-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Jasper/Carthage should be a great game. Jasper was rebuilding under Coach Brooks last year and made a decent run at the end of the season.

Does anyone know where the enrollment numbers are for each school? I'm curious if Jasper is the largest school in district.

According to The Old Coach, Carthage's enrollment was 794 and Jasper's was 782.

Gilmer's was 698. So if Chapel Hill (880) makes the playoffs, Gilmer will go back into Division II.

But it's not a given that CHill WILL make the playoffs. In fact, IMHO, odds are it won't and Gilmer would then go into Division I again.

JasperDog94
02-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

Gilmer's was 698. So if Chapel Hill (880) makes the playoffs, Gilmer will go back into Division II.

But it's not a given that CHill WILL make the playoffs. In fact, IMHO, odds are it won't and Gilmer would then go into Division I again. Thanks for the info.:)

Astrosdawg07
02-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

But it's not a given that CHill WILL make the playoffs. In fact, IMHO, odds are it won't and Gilmer would then go into Division I again.

Ya I have a buddy who is a Chapel Hill grad and he says that CH will be rebuilding this year.