PDA

View Full Version : Andrews HC interview list from the Odessa American

westtxfballfan
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Football: Eight picked to interview for Andrews job

BY CRAIG CRAKER
January 30, 2008 - 2:18PM

The Andrews Independent School District has narrowed a list of 96 applicants down to eight for its vacant athletics director and head football coach position.

Littlefield head coach and athletic director Bryan Huseman; former Canyon Randall coach Alan Cornelius; Greenville head coach and athletic director Jeff Cordell; McCamey head coach and athletic director Jay McWilliams; La Marque head coach and athletic director Chris Jones; Sweetwater assistant and former Andrews assistant Al Hunt; Sweetwater head coach and athletic director Kent Jackson; and Goldthwaite athletic director and head coach Gary Proffitt all will be interviewed in the next week.

The position has been open since the end of the 2007 football season, when Blaine Springston’s resignation went into effect.

The school district had initially hoped to hire before the UIL realignment, which will be released Friday, but with some interviews scheduled for next week that won’t happen.

Messages left with Andrews ISD Superintendent David Mitchell have not been returned.

Phil C
01-31-2008, 05:23 PM
A great list and all men are qualified I am sure. Still they wouldn't have gone wrong in getting that Skidmore-Tynan coach.

Adidas410s
01-31-2008, 05:34 PM
why is the LaMarque coach looking to head to Andrews???

SpeedOption
01-31-2008, 05:47 PM
Money is more important than winning. And Im sure this will make people happy. You ever been to LaMarque?

Adidas410s
01-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Unfortunately yes...

wildstangs
01-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Seems like I have heard of Jeff Cordell before. Where was he before Greenville?

My money would be on Coach McWilliams. Hometown favorite. I wonder who will be responsible for filling out a schedule tomorrow, the super?

Starburst
01-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Seems like I have heard of Jeff Cordell before. Where was he before Greenville?

My money would be on Coach McWilliams. Hometown favorite. I wonder who will be responsible for filling out a schedule tomorrow, the super?

Gainesville, he coached there state championship team against Burnet

NastySlot
01-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
why is the LaMarque coach looking to head to Andrews???

ever been to la marque.......sure the athletes are great but the community is tough on the coaches and i'm going to say the school is also tough.

DU_stud04
01-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
why is the LaMarque coach looking to head to Andrews??? oil money? i have no idea, whats this job paying?

Snydertigersrul
01-31-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
oil money? i have no idea, whats this job paying?

I recall reading in the Andrews paper that Springston was making $86,000, plus the use of a vehicle.

DU_stud04
01-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I recall reading in the Andrews paper that Springston was making $86,000, plus the use of a vehicle. not too shabby at all

is it too late to apply? hahahaha

SpeedOption
01-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Figure this. Andrews is building a 14 million dollar athletic complex. oil was 30 bucks a barrel now its 98. Do the math.