PDA

View Full Version : Hey t.u. -

HippoBaseball05
01-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Wha' happened?

eagles_victory
01-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
Wha' happened? you held serve on your home court dont go too crazy. Texas is not a very good defensive basketball team (an overrated team in general) so when they have trouble scoring its going to be a long night for them. A&M has a lot of big men and Texas doesnt have very many. But this game by no means solves all the Aggies problems

big daddy russ
01-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
Wha' happened?
ROFL. You a fan of "A Mighty Wind?"

pirate4state
01-30-2008, 11:43 PM
damn, just when you think it's died down some this crap pops up :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
01-30-2008, 11:51 PM
hopefully the Ags learn a 2-3 Zone before February 27th!!!

navscanmaster
01-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
hopefully the Ags learn a 2-3 Zone before February 27th!!!

Well, that will be my birthday, so I don't want a congratulations navscanmaster thread right below a "tech wins again nah-nah-nu-nah-nah" thread.:mad:

HippoBaseball05
01-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
ROFL. You a fan of "A Mighty Wind?"

Nice catch!

:D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SHRFhfeLgY

Bull Butter
01-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Slow night here on "UT Down Low"

I wonder why:confused:

HippoBaseball05
01-31-2008, 12:58 AM
.....You knew this was going to come back and bite him in the backside....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAJGiOgJxqo

:doh:

buff4life
01-31-2008, 01:00 AM
its great how the all admirable army school, which they aren't, has to derogatize the names of all opponents to make themselves feel good, i mean c'mon ya'll even have a name for baylor....but hey they beat yall in stuff too...

Bull Butter
01-31-2008, 01:02 AM
What were the comments Barnes made last year?

HippoBaseball05
01-31-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
its great how the all admirable army school, which they aren't, has to derogatize the names of all opponents to make themselves feel good, i mean c'mon ya'll even have a name for baylor....but hey they beat yall in stuff too...

The corps makes up a miniscule fraction of the Texas A&M student body. But thanks for making crap up in an attempt to blimp the attention off of the shining glare of SCOREBOARD.

:rolleyes:

Panther One
01-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Have you ever visited a tu message board. If so, you'll see plenty of Aggy, Aggsy, etc. Nice try...thanks for playing.

Last year after A&M won in College Station, Barnes called our fans childish or junior high-ish, or something along those lines. It wasn't exactly what you would expect from a head coach, even after a loss.

The biggest problem for the Aggies will not be fixed this year, and that's the lack of a true point guard. We'll have a good one next year, however. We are getting better in Turgeon's offense and doing a better job of adapting to different defensive looks but not having a point guard that can drive and create is going to be an issue the rest of the year and will resurface again at some point.

Txbroadcaster
01-31-2008, 01:31 AM
To Both sides

Think Classy and you will be Classy

navscanmaster
01-31-2008, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
To Both sides

Think Classy and you will be Classy
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Panther One
01-31-2008, 02:12 AM
To explain the Watermelon yell...

As the men's basketball game against the University of Texas approaches, four Texas A&M students, including junior agriculture communications major Chris Shepperd and freshmen industrial engineering major Jose Velez, are coordinating to implement a temporary yell.

The inspiration for the yell came from a discussion on Texags.com, an Aggie fan Web site featuring forums about a "watermelon" quote made by Texas basketball Head Coach Rick Barnes after 2007's game at Reed Arena. Texas A&M won the game, 100-82.

"[Reed Arena] wasn't the loudest place I've ever been," Barnes said in a Longhorn Insider article on MySanAntonio.com.

"[Yells] went out in junior high," he said. "What's next? 'Watermelon, watermelon, watermelon rind. Look at the score board to see who's behind'?"

"I saw people talking about his watermelon quote and asking what we should do about it. So we decided to take his joke and yell it right back at him," Shepperd said. "We were tossing around ideas and hoping that we can create an opportunity to show Barnes just how loud we can be, despite the fact that we started planning things out two days before the game."

The four students decided to meet after exchanging several messages online. They made plans, designed fliers and created a Facebook group to market the yell.

"Everybody knows it is not official unless it is on Facebook. Once we created the Facebook group, everything seemed to spawn from that," Shepperd said. "We also plan to distribute approximately 6,000 fliers prior to the t.u. game and will be releasing a public service announcement on Texas A&M's KANM[-FM] student radio."

Coordinators plan to execute the yell when the game is ending, if A&M is confident in securing a win. If the condition is set, fans are expected to pass back the "horns down" sign prior to the yell.

Fans are hesitant to perform the yell because of the possibility of creating a tradition. However, the yell is intended only for the Wednesday game.

"We are not trying to start any new traditions," Shepperd said. "This is only a one-time thing. I am all about Old Army, but I think this is a unique opportunity to have a little clean fun. What better opponent than t.u.?"

Aggies coordinate 'watermelon yell' for Wednesday's UT basketball game
(http://media.www.thebatt.com/media/storage/paper657/news/2008/01/30/News/Aggies.Coordinate.watermelon.Yell.For.Wednesdays.U t.Basketball.Game-3176397.shtml)

big daddy russ
01-31-2008, 02:40 AM
Actually, the school was founded under the Morrill Act, which allocated land and money to each state to form colleges that taught agricultural and military sciences. VMI, The Citadel, and Texas A&M were the three most recognizable military schools created under the Morrill Act, as every student at these schools were required to join a military-regimented Corps. Until 1963, participation in the Corps was mandatory if you attended Texas A&M.

As it is, these are three of the six federally-created senior military schools. Norwich (Vermont), North Georgia, and Virginia Tech are the other three. Also, aside from the service academies, Texas A&M puts more officers in the United States military than any other university.

So there's actually a long history of military service behind the Corps of Cadets. It was created by the United States Congress in response to the need for well-educated officers.

Gobbla2001
01-31-2008, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Actually, the school was founded under the Morrill Act, which allocated land and money to each state to form colleges that taught agricultural and military sciences. VMI, The Citadel, and Texas A&M were the three most recognizable military schools created under the Morrill Act, as every student at these schools were required to join a military-regimented Corps. Until 1963, participation in the Corps was mandatory if you attended Texas A&M.

As it is, these are three of the six federally-created senior military schools. Norwich (Vermont), North Georgia, and Virginia Tech are the other three. Also, aside from the service academies, Texas A&M puts more officers in the United States military than any other university.

So there's actually a long history of military service behind the Corps of Cadets. It was created by the United States Congress in response to the need for well-educated officers.

is it that cold that you have to put a sunny/warm Jimmy Buffet pic in your sig? does it help fight the chill?

LH Panther Mom
01-31-2008, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Well, that will be my birthday, so I don't want a congratulations navscanmaster thread right below a "tech wins again nah-nah-nu-nah-nah" thread.:mad:
We'll make sure it stays right above it. ;)

And yeah, p4s.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DU_stud04
01-31-2008, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We'll make sure it stays right above it. ;)

And yeah, p4s.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/Sign-Cow.gif

LH Panther Mom
01-31-2008, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/Sign-Cow.gif
Yeah, and that too. :D

big daddy russ
01-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
is it that cold that you have to put a sunny/warm Jimmy Buffet pic in your sig? does it help fight the chill?
If I'm not the biggest Parrothead west of the Mississippi, I'm close.

zebrablue2
01-31-2008, 08:07 AM
good win for the ags. way to go.

JasperDog94
01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
I didn't see the game. Fill me in on how Tulsa played.

JasperDog94
01-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Watermelon, watermelon, watermelon rind. Look at the score board to see who's behind
The last time I heard that I was at a junior high girls basketball game.:thumbsup:

CHS_CG
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The last time I heard that I was at a junior high girls basketball game.:thumbsup:

Not to mention most of the stuff said on here is stuff you would hear in high school or Junior high.

jason
01-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Not to mention most of the stuff said on here is stuff you would hear in high school or Junior high. or in reed arena...

Bull Butter
01-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Rick Barnes: "Last year I taught them that cheer. They carried it out great."

At least he has a good sense of humor about it.:)

eagles_victory
01-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I didn't see the game. Fill me in on how Tulsa played. Well Tulsa dropped to 500 tonight by a 72-65 score. The winning team was none other then the Marshall Thundering Heard. Marshall got Markel Humpry the Jr from Stockbridge, Georgia, back from injury and he provided a huge lift both on and off the court. Tulsa did a great job forcing a turnover when the game was 53-51 to tie it and eventually send it in to overtime. But it just wasnt enough. The Golden Hurricane are struggling this year in Conference USA play. But hopefully they can get it together.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Rick Barnes: "Last year I taught them that cheer. They carried it out great."

At least he has a good sense of humor about it.:)

Exactly, I liked hearing him say that.

buff4life
01-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Have you ever visited a tu message board. If so, you'll see plenty of Aggy, Aggsy, etc. Nice try...thanks for playing.

Last year after A&M won in College Station, Barnes called our fans childish or junior high-ish, or something along those lines. It wasn't exactly what you would expect from a head coach, even after a loss.

The biggest problem for the Aggies will not be fixed this year, and that's the lack of a true point guard. We'll have a good one next year, however. We are getting better in Turgeon's offense and doing a better job of adapting to different defensive looks but not having a point guard that can drive and create is going to be an issue the rest of the year and will resurface again at some point.

HEY MR. MACHO we don't have nicknames for tech or baylor...and since you want to play...doing the horns down sign after not even playing texas after BARELY beating a bad fresno state team is real class...

Old Tiger
01-31-2008, 04:02 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/feel_burn.jpg

Panther One
01-31-2008, 04:51 PM
HEY MR. MACHO we don't have nicknames for tech or baylor...and since you want to play...doing the horns down sign after not even playing texas after BARELY beating a bad fresno state team is real class...
Really? You might want to do a little research before commenting. More than a few Longhorn fans refer to Tech as sand aggy, whether you do or not. Then there's blowu, arky, okie-lite, k-lite, etc (some of those are used by several schools). You act as if Longhorn fans respect all of their opponents and always use their proper names. It's time to step down off your high horse. If you start judging fan bases by their fans that post on message boards, you're not going to get a very good representation of any school, including Texas. Not all Aggies use the terms Gaylor, Tards, etc. The largest users of such terms are on message boards and that is a very small percentage of the Aggie Fan Base.

And class? Is a forearm to the neck and an elbow to the back of the head class? Yeah, even players make classless decisions, but should we cast a generalization over the entire university and fanbase because of it. I guess you would.

And in regards to the horns down sign, I personally do not like it and never have. That originated at OU and was really brought to light by Houston Nutt at Arkansas when he did it following the bowl win. That is something that A&M fans and players have picked up and run with in recent years. Heck, everyone that plays Texas does it now. But yeah, the Aggies are a classless bunch because you saw a couple of Ags doing the horns down against Fresno State.

coach
01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Really? You might want to do a little research before commenting. More than a few Longhorn fans refer to Tech as sand aggy, whether you do or not. Then there's blowu, arky, okie-lite, k-lite, etc (some of those are used by several schools). You act as if Longhorn fans respect all of their opponents and always use their proper names. It's time to step down off your high horse. If you start judging fan bases by their fans that post on message boards, you're not going to get a very good representation of any school, including Texas. Not all Aggies use the terms Gaylor, Tards, etc. The largest users of such terms are on message boards and that is a very small percentage of the Aggie Fan Base.

And class? Is a forearm to the neck and an elbow to the back of the head class? Yeah, even players make classless decisions, but should we cast a generalization over the entire university and fanbase because of it. I guess you would.

And in regards to the horns down sign, I personally do not like it and never have. That originated at OU and was really brought to light by Houston Nutt at Arkansas when he did it following the bowl win. That is something that A&M fans and players have picked up and run with in recent years. Heck, everyone that plays Texas does it now. But yeah, the Aggies are a classless bunch because you saw a couple of Ags doing the horns down against Fresno State.

:clap: :clap:

the thing is all universities have ppl that do this and i will be the first to tell you i say tu and the horns down...i dont call it classless its just a rival you are suppose to hate your rival you are suppose to talk bad about them...like one of my jr high coaches said " When i see Burleson ( I was at cleburne high at the time and that was our rival) even on a piece of paper i want to stomp on it rip it piss on it kick dirt on it and whatever else i can think of bc thats how bad i hate them and want to beat them." Personally i laugh at the longhorns on hear who get mad bc we call them tu and cry about it when u turn around and say blowu...Or we put the horns sighn down?? im sorry if we hurt your feelings...you act like third graders....now dont get me wrong i respect texas almost more than any other university in the nation and i especially respect those who take the sarcasm or what ever you call it in stride...and for those of u to say the aggies are the only ones that do it are the same who calls us aggy or the little brother of the stae or say o ur not our rival bc yall never beat us....it just irritates me when ppl complain how one school doesnt have class...yeah two texas players took cheap shots last night but at the same time there was an aggie player that took a cheap shot at colt one year..and yeah there was about 6 players from texas who was caught with drugs but on the other side of the football two aggie players were arrested for stealing....and fotunately both sides are really and truly high class, well mannered universities with great ppl. just like when texas stood behind A&M when the bonfire collapsed or when the va tech shooting happened last year both schools combined colors and had maroon and orange which are the colors for va tech and made a t shirt...so my point is not one school is classyer(if thats a word) than the other or more thuggish than the other. and please stop complaining when u hear tu or aggy bc both sides do it and when u cry about it then that just makes the person want to do it even more.....thats all i have to say about that;)

wildstangs
01-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Horns down isn't a big deal....when your playing UT. When you are playing Baylor and Fresno State and you throw the horns down that is when it is a little obsessive. Heck you guys sing about UT in your fight song regardless of who you are playing.

coach
01-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Horns down isn't a big deal....when your playing UT. When you are playing Baylor and Fresno State and you throw the horns down that is when it is a little obsessive. Heck you guys sing about UT in your fight song regardless of who you are playing.
so does texas texas fight texas fight good bye to a&m

NastySlot
01-31-2008, 06:56 PM
get real....jr high chant.......i've been to college games and heard worse come of the mouths of fans..............its a lot classer then yelling the words start with B. and S. after a bad call or even when students organize to find out the past of certain players and chant negative things towards that player...........and about the war hymn.........at least it stays the same unlike texas fight when OU S U X is added.........thats class?............i remember being at a horn game when OU you loss to TCU and the student section started chanting OU S U X.....OU S U X.. after the score was annouced.........like someone said don't rip entire university for the actions of a few.........i was very ashamed with the yell leaders comments about joe pa.

NastySlot
01-31-2008, 06:59 PM
with my last post i couldn't edit..........i wanted to apoligize to the monitors if they have to edit it....i didn't know how to word or rephrase what i was trying say.......i wasn't intending to offend.

Panther One
01-31-2008, 07:00 PM
"Texas Fight" was actually written in response to a "Farmers Fight" song that A&M used to sing to Taps. That's why it references A&M in the lyrics. The tune to "Texas Fight" is also sung to Taps...just sped up.

Texas Fight, Texas Fight,
And it's goodbye to A&M.
And we'll put over one more win.
For it's Texas that we love best.
Hail, Hail, The gang's all here,
And it's good-bye to all the rest!

(YELL)
Yea Orange! Yea White!
Yea Longhorns! Fight! Fight! Fight!
Texas Fight! Texas Fight,
Yea Texas Fight!
Texas Fight! Texas Fight,
Yea Texas Fight!

Note: The line, "Hail, Hail, the gang's all here" is usually replaced with "Give 'em hell, Give 'em hell, Go Horns Go!" ****Although at games you may hear "Go Horns Go" replaced with "Make'em eat sh*t"

neck_06
01-31-2008, 07:42 PM
WATERMELON, WATERMELON, WATERMELON RIND. LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD AND SEE WHO'S BEHIND! t.u.! t.u.! t.u.!

this yell was used at the end of yesterday's game....the yell came from a quote by Coach Barnes. He said "yells went out in jr. high...whats next? watermelon, watermelon, watermelon rind, look at the scoreboard and see who's behind?"

i thought it was a little over the top for a coach to attack a fan base, but its a big rivalry so who cares...i had fun yelling it at the end of the game.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-31-2008, 08:23 PM
This is an argument that is more futile than discussing politics, and that is sad.

Emerson1
01-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
This is an argument that is more futile than discussing politics, and that is sad.
Global Warming is up there to

HippoBaseball05
01-31-2008, 11:20 PM
doing the horns down sign after not even playing texas after BARELY beating a bad fresno state team is real class...

To be fair, Fresno State played us alot closer than sippie did at Kyle Field.

pirate4state
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
This is an argument that is more futile than discussing politics, and that is sad. yep

people will never learn