PDA

View Full Version : LeBron lobbies for a Kidd-to-Cavs trade

big daddy russ
01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7738012?MSNHPHMA)

eagles_victory
01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
To me as a pretty big Cavs fan I dont like this deal I dont think Kidd is the piece that will push Cleveland over the top.

Old Tiger
01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
he'd be a great addition

Phil C
01-30-2008, 07:33 PM
I think he would help Cleveland improve but I still don't think they would be good enough to win the NBA championship. If they gave up Daniel Gibson to the Nets for him I think that would be a big mistake in the long run for Cleveland.

big daddy russ
01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
To me as a pretty big Cavs fan I dont like this deal I dont think Kidd is the piece that will push Cleveland over the top.
I think he'd get them closer, but who would they give up, especially if they're not willing to give up Varejao? Their first-rounders aren't worth much and there isn't a whole lot of talent on the roster. Drew Gooden, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Daniel Gibson are their most tradeable pieces. Gibson would be a given, but Gooden doesn't have an offensive game and is kind of weak inside, though he's a great rebounder, and Ilgauskas is getting up there in years. Sasha Pavlovic is a decent on-the-ball defender and has shown that he's great at mid-range jumpers and decent at getting to the rim, but he can't take a man off the dribble. Besides, the Nets already have two All-Star-caliber wings.

I think it'd be a step in the right direction, but at what cost and would the Nets even consider what the Cavs would be giving up? On top of all that, the Cavs haven't even been able to pay the roster they have. If they added Kidd, they'd be forced to add more payroll to make up for their personnel losses. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

TMer25
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm guessing Hughes would have to be a part of it

JR2004
01-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Let em go get Kidd. It won't get them any closer to going back to the Finals. That window for the Finals is effectively shut for James until he leaves and heads to the Knicks. Just about the time he arrives in New York is when a good chunk of their idiotic contracts will be gone.

eagles_victory
01-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think he'd get them closer, but who would they give up, especially if they're not willing to give up Varejao? Their first-rounders aren't worth much and there isn't a whole lot of talent on the roster. Drew Gooden, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Daniel Gibson are their most tradeable pieces. Gibson would be a given, but Gooden doesn't have an offensive game and is kind of weak inside, though he's a great rebounder, and Ilgauskas is getting up there in years. Sasha Pavlovic is a decent on-the-ball defender and has shown that he's great at mid-range jumpers and decent at getting to the rim, but he can't take a man off the dribble. Besides, the Nets already have two All-Star-caliber wings.

I think it'd be a step in the right direction, but at what cost and would the Nets even consider what the Cavs would be giving up? On top of all that, the Cavs haven't even been able to pay the roster they have. If they added Kidd, they'd be forced to add more payroll to make up for their personnel losses. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Cant trade Anderson until this summer because he just signed a contract. If im the Nets I send him West where you dont have to see him as much and get a lot more in return then the Cavs can give you.