PDA

View Full Version : Vet?

Gsquared
01-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Whats going on in Bangs?

vet93
01-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Don't know all of the particulars...but coach Petit (2nd year head football coach...longtime head baseball coach) has been reassigned. Their record has not been stellar the first half of both seasons, but they appeared to me to be improving and were playing very well at the end of last season. Could have beaten many teams in 2a playoffs but were in a murderers row district. Went from Bo Robinsons power running game to the spread. From what I hear...many in town think he is getting a raw deal...but the powers that be want him gone. Bangs has some good athletes and the right person could win there. Hopefully they will get things straight and give a coach a chance in the future by letting him stay awhile....If they want a good running game...Gary Proffit from Goldthwaite may be a good hire...he hasn't been treated that well as of late and he has had much success...just a thought!

Gsquared
01-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Don't know all of the particulars...but coach Petit (2nd year head football coach...longtime head baseball coach) has been reassigned. Their record has not been stellar the first half of both seasons, but they appeared to me to be improving and were playing very well at the end of last season. Could have beaten many teams in 2a playoffs but were in a murderers row district. Went from Bo Robinsons power running game to the spread. From what I hear...many in town think he is getting a raw deal...but the powers that be want him gone. Bangs has some good athletes and the right person could win there. Hopefully they will get things straight and give a coach a chance in the future by letting him stay awhile....If they want a good running game...Gary Proffit from Goldthwaite may be a good hire...he hasn't been treated that well as of late and he has had much success...just a thought!
I think they raised enough hell in Gwaite to keep Proffit. Heard Bangs is working with an interim right now

vet93
02-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Gary has interviewed at multiple towns in West Texas...I just can't help but feel like he wouldn't mind leaving Goldthwaite after all of the turmoil...however, he may feel loyalty for those who came to his defense....

Originally posted by Gsquared
I think they raised enough hell in Gwaite to keep Proffit. Heard Bangs is working with an interim right now

Snydertigersrul
02-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Gary has interviewed at multiple towns in West Texas...I just can't help but feel like he wouldn't mind leaving Goldthwaite after all of the turmoil...however, he may feel loyalty for those who came to his defense....

Gary is one of eight candidates selected for interviews this week at Andrews