PDA

View Full Version : toby070

10bears
02-11-2002, 12:44 PM
Did Brent Slaughter sign with anyone last Wed? Knew his grandfather, father and Uncle back in Humble and was wondering where he was going.
Father and Uncle were awesome players in their day.

toby070
02-11-2002, 04:53 PM
I don't think he's signed yet. I understand he's still got a shot at a couple of Big 12 schools, but those may depend on some recruits not qualifying academically. I think he'll be disappointed if he doesn't sign with a D1 school, though haven't heard him actually come out and say that.

He's a hell of a kid, I hope he gets the scholarship he wants.

bohemian
02-12-2002, 09:23 PM
toby070,

I think there are going to be a lot of schools out there who are losing out on two great linebackers in Brent and Josh. The would make a great pair anywhere.

toby070
02-13-2002, 09:09 AM
Bohemian, is Josh looking to play? I can't imagine him not catching on with someone, he's definately a hitter. It's kind of scary to think of him going somewhere and putting on 15-20 lbs of muscle!

I think Brent might be disappointed that it hasn't all fallen into place yet, but it should work out for him when it's all done.

bohemian
02-13-2002, 07:50 PM
Hi Toby070,

He is still weighing his options. He is going to Texas Lutheran this weekend. He isn't really looking aroung too much. The top lineman on the team hasn't signed either. I don't think he will play. The one who didn't add anything to the team this year signed with TCU. Go figure that one out!

toby070
02-14-2002, 08:58 AM
For what it's worth, a lot of Wimberley kids are looking at A and M Kingsville.

TLU is a good school, and their new coach (Mueller) is an awesome guy...he was the DC here at SWT when Wacker was winning national titles, and he is really a nice person, as well as a good coach.