PDA

View Full Version : Re-Alignment Projection 5A-1A

kicker48
01-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Its out, go to www.***********.com and check it out.
I think it pretty cool to look at. Let me know what you would change if any. Hope you enjoy!

trojan37
01-29-2008, 08:11 PM
I like district 6!:eek: And separating LV and China? That's even better. I hope this one would pan out. We might actually make the playoffs again.

wildstangs
01-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Interesting to look at. Greenwood and Breckenridge wouldn't work in 3A. Too far for travel. Move Greenwood, and maybe even Snyder to the western district.

In 4A, Big Spring to Azle is very cruel. Can't say it wont happen, but I would be shocked.

trojan37
01-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Are all these 4A's for sure dropping? If so this will make for some interesting districts.

eagles_victory
01-29-2008, 08:17 PM
If this realignment projection is accuarte it would be the first time I could ever remember Fairfield not being in a district with Mexia and Groesbeck

trojan37
01-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Interesting to look at. Greenwood and Breckenridge wouldn't work in 3A. Too far for travel. Move Greenwood, and maybe even Snyder to the western district.

In 4A, Big Spring to Azle is very cruel. Can't say it wont happen, but I would be shocked.

In 4A, there was some talk of San Angelo Lakeview to Waco! That was a shock to me. The district it shows on here for Waco is much more travel-friendly.

trojan37
01-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Look at 1A district 13. Mart should roll. Key word=SHOULD!

trojan37
01-29-2008, 08:23 PM
5A district 13. Now that's one district that I would be p*&#ed if I had a kid playing. Way to much travel involved there.

Astrosdawg07
01-29-2008, 08:43 PM
This would be a really tough district. But I just don't see Lumberton dropping down...I thought they would be more likely to go 5A then down too 3A

District 20
Bridge City
Jasper
Kirbyville
Lumberton#
Orangefield
Silsbee
West Orange-Stark

runthequarter
01-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Excellent stuff. I could see a lot of that happening. But if the UIL, as promised wont have an open dist, that will screw a lot of that up. It’s actually the best I’ve seen. Minor tweaks with some schools playing 6 man Ft. Hancock, but over all well done. I don’t think it will pan out like it was posted but a great job. There are some tings in there that most people haven’t thought of; because they are afraid it might actually happen. Good research.

sahen
01-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Barber's Hill going back down to 3a??? That place is growing like crazy, i find that hard to believe....if they do drop there is no way they stay there in 2 years when they do this again....

Matthew328
01-29-2008, 10:17 PM
I think that's Padilla's projection. He does great work

c-town_balla
01-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Cameron with Llano is to much....

Buckeyeman
01-29-2008, 11:38 PM
I never thought of Gilmer being in a district with Paris and North Lamar but I guess it's a possibility. I would put Tyler Chapel Hill in District 16.

rancher
01-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Why is Sealy not mention in 3A?

3afan
01-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Why is Sealy not mention in 3A?

29-3A

Aesculus gilmus
01-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Buckeyeman
I never thought of Gilmer being in a district with Paris and North Lamar but I guess it's a possibility. I would put Tyler Chapel Hill in District 16.

It is a downright bizarre projection. You would have us traveling right past two schools in the neighborhood with whom we have been aligned in the past, Pittsburg (only 18 miles away) and Mount Vernon (45 or so) to the Paris/North Lamar area, which is 80 to 90 miles away.

If we have to travel north, it ought to be to the Texarkana area to play more traditional rivals such as Atlanta, Liberty-Eylau and Pleasant Grove.

Texasfootball2
01-30-2008, 09:44 AM
This is good stuff and makes a lot of sense. Just looking at some possible first round matchups.

In Dist. 6 Brownwood would likely be Div. 2. In Dist. 5 Snyder, Sweetwater, and or Clyde. One of which would have a first round matchup with Brownwood. *Hypothetically speaking! the loser of the Snyder/Sweetwater district game draws the Lions in the first round.

The fact that Ab. Wylie and Decatur would not meet in a possible first round matchup is a good change for both.

Dist 9 and 10 could pan out for a possible first round matchup between Celina and Roosevelt.

****This format would probably place Gilmer in Div 2 with a possible first round matchup with Tatum. WOW East Texans would love this!

I think SA Houston is larger than Frederiscksburg, creating a possible first round game between Liberty Hill/Fredericksburg.

All is just speculation but in 48 hours some of this may be reality!

GATAPride77
01-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Bryan Rudder is listed in 4A. He better re-calculate because they will be in 3A.

Ranger Mom
01-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Maybe I dreamed it, but I could have sworn that I heard that Anthony and Tornillo were staying down in 2A this time....but every projection I have seen seems to still have them at the 3A level.

charlesrixey
01-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe I dreamed it, but I could have sworn that I heard that Anthony and Tornillo were staying down in 2A this time....but every projection I have seen seems to still have them at the 3A level.

I've seen it too, so unless we are both on diazepam, you're right
:D

it's easier to project west texas with them in there

thats the problem

if they go down, most of the Region I projections could change dramatically

Ranger Mom
01-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I've seen it too, so unless we are both on diazepam, you're right
:D

it's easier to project west texas with them in there

thats the problem

if they go down, most of the Region I projections could change dramatically

That is what I am afraid of!!

I DO NOT want to go West!!!:eek:

Tiganut
01-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Not sure about Tornillo, but Anthony will stay down. Heard from someone who lives there. They enjoyed their 3A playoff run, but could have done better in 2A.

charlesrixey
01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Tiganut
Not sure about Tornillo, but Anthony will stay down. Heard from someone who lives there. They enjoyed their 3A playoff run, but could have done better in 2A. \

rather amusing, since they and tornillo were two of the worst teams in 2A every year

0-10 to 2-8 pretty much for more than a decade

moving down won't guarantee anything

Texasfootball2
01-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is what I am afraid of!!

I DO NOT want to go West!!!:eek:

Actually Ranger Mom, Even if Anthony and Tornillo drop. Greenwood could possibly miss the domino affect. I think Pecos, Ft Stockton, or Monohans would move west before Greenwood would. You guys would probably go north instead of east.

The end result of the domino affect would probably end up being that one of the district 9 teams moves to region 1.

Black_Magic
01-30-2008, 11:23 AM
I really dont see the number going up that much I see the top Number going to 1000 at the most.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Looks like this guy has no idea of geography regarding Region IV. He totally jacked that up!

Adidas410s
01-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Maybe it's just me...but the travel in A LOT of these districts is a bit ridiculous. Many districts (especially in West Texas) have 200+ miles between schools. Consider that he moved Abilene High to 13-5A. A district of Temple/Killeen/Cove area + Abilene High and San Angelo Central??? Umm...every away game Abilene or SA would play would be over a 3 hour drive except to each other.

In 4-A...Big Spring to Azle - 253 miles, San Angelo Lakeview to Azle - 241 miles,

In 3-A...Borger to Levelland or Lubbock - 175 to 200 miles, Midland to Breck - 206 miles...Midland Greenwood is in the middle of another district yet would be travelling 100-200 miles for every district game.

With the ever increasing cost of gas impacting many schools...I just can't see the UIL going for such long distances in that many districts.

Hill Man
01-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Cameron with Llano is to much....

i agree - that is at best a 3 hour drive.. in the big yellow bus 3.5
I don't see Llano and Cameron in the same district.

Texasfootball2
01-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Maybe it's just me...but the travel in A LOT of these districts is a bit ridiculous. Many districts (especially in West Texas) have 200+ miles between schools. Consider that he moved Abilene High to 13-5A. A district of Temple/Killeen/Cove area + Abilene High and San Angelo Central??? Umm...every away game Abilene or SA would play would be over a 3 hour drive except to each other.

In 4-A...Big Spring to Azle - 253 miles, San Angelo Lakeview to Azle - 241 miles,

In 3-A...Borger to Levelland or Lubbock - 175 to 200 miles, Midland to Breck - 206 miles...Midland Greenwood is in the middle of another district yet would be travelling 100-200 miles for every district game.

With the ever increasing cost of gas impacting many schools...I just can't see the UIL going for such long distances in that many districts.

I agree with some of your travel points, but Abilene High is already and has been in a district with Midland and Odessa. Both are almost three hour drives. They've been doing it since the fifties around here. It's really not an issue.

As far as Midland Greenwood to Breckenridge. Actuall driving time is about 2hrs 40mins. Greenwood High School is almost as close to Stanton as it is Midland. Stanton is only 120 miles from Abilene and then Breckenridge is another 50 miles. with most of it being interstate. Around here thats not that bad.

Know on the other hand Azle to Big Spring or San Angelo Lakeview. Both are rediculus especially when Azle is basically a metroplex shool and there are lots of options. Heck, Azle would drive right past Aledo High School on their way. Move Azle into district 5 and Denison into district 6 and it's not to bad.

It will be impossible to come up with a realignment plan that will satisfy everyone. Travel will always be a concern but I think having six or more teams in each district is more important than the travel because of all the scheduling problems schools have when they only have 3 or 4 district games. Travel becomes even more of a problem when you have to schedule games on Weeks 6 or 7. Usually you have to go four of five hours to find a team with an opening at that point who can accomadate you. Example: Wimberely and Ab. Wylie played on the sixth week of the season the last two seasons because it was about the only fit that late in the year. Make a trip from Midland Greenwood to Breckenridge seem like a cake walk.

Adidas410s
01-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I agree with some of your travel points, but Abilene High is already and has been in a district with Midland and Odessa. Both are almost three hour drives. They've been doing it since the fifties around here. It's really not an issue.

As far as Midland Greenwood to Breckenridge. Actuall driving time is about 2hrs 40mins. Greenwood High School is almost as close to Stanton as it is Midland. Stanton is only 120 miles from Abilene and then Breckenridge is another 50 miles. with most of it being interstate. Around here thats not that bad.

Know on the other hand Azle to Big Spring or San Angelo Lakeview. Both are rediculus especially when Azle is basically a metroplex shool and there are lots of options. Heck, Azle would drive right past Aledo High School on their way. Move Azle into district 5 and Denison into district 6 and it's not to bad.

It will be impossible to come up with a realignment plan that will satisfy everyone. Travel will always be a concern but I think having six or more teams in each district is more important than the travel because of all the scheduling problems schools have when they only have 3 or 4 district games. Travel becomes even more of a problem when you have to schedule games on Weeks 6 or 7. Usually you have to go four of five hours to find a team with an opening at that point who can accomadate you. Example: Wimberely and Ab. Wylie played on the sixth week of the season the last two seasons because it was about the only fit that late in the year. Make a trip from Midland Greenwood to Breckenridge seem like a cake walk.
The drive from Abilene down to Temple/Killeen/Cove vs the drive from Abilene to Midland/Odessa will be about 45 minutes longer. No longer will they be going back and forth on I-20. They'll be taking Hwys 36, 84, and 183 and having to stop in a lot of small towns along the way. Throw in the 2-lane roads...and it will greatly increase their travel time, cut down on gas mileage, and run up their travel expenses.

From Midland Greenwood HS to Breckenridge HS is 199 miles. You can't make that drive on a bus in 2 hrs and 40 minutes. Average 70mph in a car (means you're setting the cruise at about 77) and it's 2 hrs 50 minutes. On a bus it would easily be 3.5 hrs...but probably closer to 4 once you factor in a stop along the way. Also, why put Greenwood in that district when you have them right between Ft Stockton, Andrews, Seminole, Lamesa, Monahans, and Pecos???

pirate4state
01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Not to mention the other sports (gasp!) and the Tuesday games!!! :eek: :eek:

Adidas410s
01-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Not to mention the other sports (gasp!) and the Tuesday games!!! :eek: :eek:

true...kids would be leaving 5 hours before a game and not getting home until 1 or 2 AM on a school night.

c-town_balla
01-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Putting Cameron in that is dumb since we could go to a few districts and go to all of the teams in that one round trip and it would be less than one way to Llano....and it is a LOOOONG way we had a baseball game in Llano and a football game in Fredricsbrug....why make us travle a quarter of the way across the state when we would have a district where everyone is within a hour of each other

Texasfootball2
01-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The drive from Abilene down to Temple/Killeen/Cove vs the drive from Abilene to Midland/Odessa will be about 45 minutes longer. No longer will they be going back and forth on I-20. They'll be taking Hwys 36, 84, and 183 and having to stop in a lot of small towns along the way. Throw in the 2-lane roads...and it will greatly increase their travel time, cut down on gas mileage, and run up their travel expenses.

Your preaching to the choir here. My son is a soccer player at Ab. Wylie. Our Soccer district is Killeen, Copp. Cove, Lampasas, Stephenville, Brownwood, and San An. Lakeview because there is no 3A soccer. We made those trips on "Tuesday" nights last year. Killeen was about 30 min. farther than Odessa (My wife is from Odessa so I make that trip often). *It is a more tireing drive because of the constant threat of hitting a deer late at night and it's out of the way to go down 36 unless you are going to Temple. If those were Friday night trips, personally I wouldn't have a problem with them, but other sports don't have that luxury. Like I said "been there, done that". There is no perfect solution. People in West Tx expect to have to travel.

Panther One
01-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Putting Cameron in that is dumb since we could go to a few districts and go to all of the teams in that one round trip and it would be less than one way to Llano....and it is a LOOOONG way we had a baseball game in Llano and a football game in Fredricsbrug....why make us travle a quarter of the way across the state when we would have a district where everyone is within a hour of each other
Yeah, and for several years we had to go to Bandera...and also Ingram and Brady. Our last two years in Region IV, Llano was our closest district opponent...but still further than all of our non-district opponents. It happens sometimes. When you start getting 3A teams spread out like that, you can either have four and five team districts, or start pulling other teams into them. There's going to be more travel these next two years and Cameron may be one of the schools traveling. A two-and-a-half hour trip for a district game is nothing new.

c-town_balla
01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
but why?
when there are taylor, rockdale, caldwell, giddings, la grange, smithville, navasota, ALL WACO schools, Bryan Rudder, mexia, groesbeck all in a 100 mile radius? why double the circle and go to Llano? we don't HAVE to travel like west Texas schools we are litterally surounded by 3A schools

Panther One
01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
but why?
when there are taylor, rockdale, caldwell, giddings, la grange, smithville, navasota, ALL WACO schools, Bryan Rudder, mexia, groesbeck all in a 100 mile radius? why double the circle and go to Llano? we don't HAVE to travel like west Texas schools we are litterally surounded by 3A schools
Because it all depends on how the other districts map out. They can't take every individual school into consideration when doing this. They have to do what works best for the state. I wouldn't worry too much, though. I doubt you guys will be traveling that much. Heck, you might not even be 3A.

buff4life
01-30-2008, 05:09 PM
there are three teams north of us that are Region IV...interesting...Columbus and Sealy were basically put in completely new districts

Black_Magic
01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Im telling you It will go up to 1000 max. They have never raised it more than 35 in one year. if it goes to 1000 it would be up 50.. Top number I predict will be 995

Gontex
01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Look in the district with Cuero. I don't see it happening that way though. I can't see Gonzales and Cuero (30 miles apart) being in separate districts.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Your preaching to the choir here. My son is a soccer player at Ab. Wylie. Our Soccer district is Killeen, Copp. Cove, Lampasas, Stephenville, Brownwood, and San An. Lakeview because there is no 3A soccer. We made those trips on "Tuesday" nights last year. Killeen was about 30 min. farther than Odessa (My wife is from Odessa so I make that trip often). *It is a more tireing drive because of the constant threat of hitting a deer late at night and it's out of the way to go down 36 unless you are going to Temple. If those were Friday night trips, personally I wouldn't have a problem with them, but other sports don't have that luxury. Like I said "been there, done that". There is no perfect solution. People in West Tx expect to have to travel.

That is what they get for having soccer

piratebg
01-31-2008, 11:24 PM
D30 and D31 need to be flip-flopped. :)

Johnny 5
02-01-2008, 01:39 AM
he mad Reg IV the way I heard it was going to be lol!

I called it!