PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys LB Ellis added to Pro Bowl

Txbroadcaster
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM
The Dallas Cowboys have yet another Pro Bowl representative. Linebacker Greg Ellis was named as an injury replacement, giving the team an NFL-record 13 participants for the game next month.

crzyjournalist03
01-29-2008, 02:31 PM
He definitely deserved it!!!

Sad that a team with 13 Pro Bowlers had the season end so abruptly though.

District303aPastPlayer
01-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

not really... very enjoyable actually

Phil C
01-29-2008, 02:33 PM

Good news indeed!

It was bad news about being one and done. It was sort of like the Mavericks last year with that great record during the season and then being eliminated in the first round.

Sweetwater Red
01-29-2008, 02:47 PM
13 Pro Bowlers on a team that didn't even win a single playoff
game?:thinking:

If that's not a season of failure and underachieving I challenge
anyone to give me a better example.

Txbroadcaster
01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
13 Pro Bowlers on a team that didn't even win a single playoff
game?:thinking:

If that's not a season of failure and underachieving I challenge
anyone to give me a better example.

If the team that beat Dallas would have been drubbed the next round I would agree..But the Giants have won 3 on the road in a row in the play-offs

Plus I dont think ANYONE thought Dallas would pull of a 13-3 season. You cant IMO underachieve when you spent the whole season overacheiving..andf I think that in itself puffed up what people thought of this team

Bearkat
01-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Good news indeed!

It was bad news about being one and done. It was sort of like the Mavericks last year with that great record during the season and then being eliminated in the first round.

The Mavericks weren't the only Dallas team to lose in the 1st round last year. Remember the Desperados. They set an AFL season wins record and also lost in the 1st round. I'm not sure about the Stars, becasue I don't watch hockey, but it was a bad playoff stretch for all Dallas teams.

crzyjournalist03
01-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
The Mavericks weren't the only Dallas team to lose in the 1st round last year. Remember the Desperados. They set an AFL season wins record and also lost in the 1st round. I'm not sure about the Stars, becasue I don't watch hockey, but it was a bad playoff stretch for all Dallas teams.

Cowboys lost to the Seahawks in Jan. '07
Stars lost to the Canucks in seven games in May (despite Marty Turco posting three shutouts)
Mavericks lost to the Warriors in May
Desparados lost in the first round

Rangers lost to everybody.

Cowboys lost to Giants in Jan. '08...yeah...it's been a rough stretch for sure...:(

SintonFan_inAustin
01-29-2008, 03:54 PM

Rangers lost to everybody.

:doh: Rangers are Texas Champions so they did beat the Astros in their showdown :)