PDA

View Full Version : tiger woods

DU_stud04
01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
did anyone else see his performance yesterday? he made some of the nicest putts ive seen. do you think he will ever peak and if so do you think itll be any time soon? most people retire and go to golf, wonder what he will do when it comes that time.

zebrablue2
01-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I am not a big tiger fan because he never comes to houston to play but, HE IS THE MAN. he is the best ever, no doubt...

STANG RED
01-28-2008, 11:01 PM
He laped the field even having 3 bogeys in a row coming down the stretch. But with that big of a lead he could have tin cupped all those holes and still won. The man simply has no equal on the golf course.

runthequarter
01-28-2008, 11:03 PM
The 50 footer that curved left and in was awsome.

Panther One
01-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I am not a big tiger fan because he never comes to houston to play but, HE IS THE MAN. he is the best ever, no doubt...
Several big names tend to skip Houston.

The question I have is will anyone ever step up to consistently challenge him? From Duval, to Ells, to Singh, to Mickelson, they all seem to battle him for a while, but that's it. I want a clear #2 to emerge to create some epic battles over the next five or ten years and out duel him for some wins and a major on occasion. It seems like it's always Tiger vs the field. I'd like to see Tiger vs Someone else, with the field playing spoiler.

DU_stud04
01-29-2008, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by runthequarter
The 50 footer that curved left and in was awsome. amazing shot.

themsu97
01-29-2008, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Several big names tend to skip Houston.

The question I have is will anyone ever step up to consistently challenge him? From Duval, to Ells, to Singh, to Mickelson, they all seem to battle him for a while, but that's it. I want a clear #2 to emerge to create some epic battles over the next five or ten years and out duel him for some wins and a major on occasion. It seems like it's always Tiger vs the field. I'd like to see Tiger vs Someone else, with the field playing spoiler.

I think outside of Vijay, none of the others ever had the work ethic to compete with Tiger... you can tell by Phil that golf is just something he is good at, Phil reminds me on John Kruk... Duval was so mental, disappeared after his girlfriend dumped him... Vijay and Els play all the time on 4 different continents, that wears them out...Tiger picks and chooses and plays mainly on the US... but he is also clearly better...

Tiger is the best of his era, best of all time I will never say that...

charlesrixey
01-29-2008, 12:46 PM
i don't think he'll ever 'peak'

he is consistent, which is part of his greatness

he will likely win 4-8 or 10 tournaments and 1, maybe 2 majors a year for the next six or seven years, or even longer

such sustained success is so incredible that no one really knows where it will stop, since technically it shouldn't still be happening