PDA

View Full Version : Realignment Data Leaked?

Panther One
01-28-2008, 06:07 PM
So why is this information never leaked early. The media can get their hands on sealed grand jury testimonies, but not enrollment data? I think it was in 2002 that I came across a pdf on the internet a couple of days before realignment day that had the data, but how does it stay such a secret for so long? Are they still working on it this week? There's not anybody with access to it that would like to make a little money and sell it to some media outlets? The UIL must employee people with high moral character.

jason
01-28-2008, 06:09 PM
anybody can get enrollment data - you just have to call the school...

i did it to get highland park's number...

its the realignment stuff they keep secret, not the enrollment numbers...

Adidas410s
01-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
So why is this information never leaked early. The media can get their hands on sealed grand jury testimonies, but not enrollment data? I think it was in 2002 that I came across a pdf on the internet a couple of days before realignment day that had the data, but how does it stay such a secret for so long? Are they still working on it this week? There's not anybody with access to it that would like to make a little money and sell it to some media outlets? The UIL must employee people with high moral character.
1. It's not worth getting fired.
2. The media that digs up grand jury info has no interest in UIL realignment info. Leaked testimony can mean headlines for weeks...or longer. UIL info is good for one time...with no replay or follow up articles.

3afan
01-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
... I came across a pdf on the internet a couple of days before realignment day that had the data, ...

if you did it wasn't anything official (from the UIL)

Old Tiger
01-28-2008, 11:10 PM
There has been a "realignment leak" every year for as long as I can remember.

runthequarter
01-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
1. It's not worth getting fired.
2. The media that digs up grand jury info has no interest in UIL realignment info. Leaked testimony can mean headlines for weeks...or longer. UIL info is good for one time...with no replay or follow up articles.

Agreed.

STANG RED
01-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Getting the data is the easy part if you want it bad enough. But even with every piece of data in hand, trying to outguess what the UIL will do with it is impossible!

TexasHSFootball
01-29-2008, 12:13 AM
why not just file a FOIA to get the realignment info before hand? :D

runthequarter
01-29-2008, 12:27 AM
File all you want. They are going to release it. So you get the information. Its not like they are hiding it. It just wont be ready to be relaesed untill the release date Friday. Yes Its probably ready but since your going to get it a FOIA filling does you no good.

GreenMonster
01-29-2008, 02:26 AM
According to the gentleman at the Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association meeting a couple of weeks ago, there are only 4 men in the state that know what the UIL is thinking about and working on when it comes to re-allignment. All 4 have been on the job for 20 plus years and all 4 relish the fact that they are of such a select few in the know that all refuse to say anything early because they like the feeling that this knowledge gives them. It's a superiority thing with them. "I know something that you don't know!", is their attitude about it. We will all find out Friday morning, and that's good enough for me.

runthequarter
01-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Mark Cousins? Yeah like he knows. If there re 4 its Farney, the AD, Bailey, Bonnie. But they all work on it. Cousins is blowing smoke so no one would ask him. Of the people who work there he is the most inept by far.

kicker48
01-29-2008, 05:39 PM
This is Jerry with ***********.com. I will release this evening about 7PM a look at what the alignment could look like. This is not the official alignment and this is not mine, but a look based on the numbers that was turned in. It was emailed to me and I thought it was a pretty good job and interesting to look at.
Everyone take a look and respond on the my board, and this board and tell me what you think about it and changes you would have made.

Ranger Mom
01-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by kicker48
This is Jerry with ***********.com. I will release this evening about 7PM a look at what the alignment could look like. This is not the official alignment and this is not mine, but a look based on the numbers that was turned in. It was emailed to me and I thought it was a pretty good job and interesting to look at.
Everyone take a look and respond on the my board, and this board and tell me what you think about it and changes you would have made.

Awesome!!!

Welcome to the downlow Jerry!!:clap:

buff4ever
01-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Is it 7 yet? What's the deal man, come on, why would you wait, your killing us!:D

STANG RED
01-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Is it 7 yet? What's the deal man, come on, why would you wait, your killing us!:D

He didnt say 7 central time did he? I think it's 7 in Bermuda, which is a US territory I believe. C'mon Jerry, get it posted already!:mad: :p

runthequarter
01-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Its 7 somewhere huh?