PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Draft

Buccaneer
01-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I saw a mock draft with the Cowboys getting both Manningham and Mendenhall in the 1st round.

I just heard they are offering Marion Barber and picks to Miami for the first pick so they could get McFadden.

crzyjournalist03
01-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
I saw a mock draft with the Cowboys getting both Manningham and Mendenhall in the 1st round.

I just heard they are offering Marion Barber and picks to Miami for the first pick so they could get McFadden.

That ain't happening...Barber is going to be the starter in Dallas next year.

Where did you hear that?

Bull19
01-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Where did you hear that?

all over espn

Emerson1
01-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Where did you hear that?
I hear it on GAC and Company on the way home. It supposedly jerry's doing.

That trade makes no sense at all.

crzyjournalist03
01-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Miami already has Ronnie Brown as their #1, and he and Barber really wouldn't even compliment each other...

Emerson1
01-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I think Miami would benefit more from whoever they get #1 over Marion and the 20+ pick

injuredinmelee
01-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I hear it on GAC and Company on the way home. It supposedly jerry's doing.

That trade makes no sense at all.

its the whole Arkie love thing going on if it is true.

crzyjournalist03
01-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think Miami would benefit more from whoever they get #1 over Marion and the 20+ pick

the so-called "rumor" would be Barber plus the #22 and #28...still won't happen.

I researched to see where this is coming from, and apparently Chris Mortenson brought it up on ESPN as an idea that could happen. There's been nothing on either side to suggest that the conversation has even been taking place. The people pushing it as a rumor claim it's because the Cowboys have yet to re-sign Barber. The truth of the matter there is that Barber wanted to wait to see how high he could push his value before signing.

The Cowboys may trade up in the draft, but they're not trading up and giving up Barber.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
The draft in Dallas will suck. All of the brains they have had in the last few drafts are now in Miami. Miami will have a great draft. The Dolphins have absolutely raped the Cowboys staff. That is Parcells rubbing salt in a road rash.

Buccaneer
01-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan
The draft in Dallas will suck. All of the brains they have had in the last few drafts are now in Miami. Miami will have a great draft. The Dolphins have absolutely raped the Cowboys staff. That is Parcells rubbing salt in a road rash.

Never fear : The Cowboys are trying to hire back Dave Campo!

crzyjournalist03
01-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Never fear : The Cowboys are trying to hire back Dave Campo!

hey, he may not have been a very good head coach, but he has always been a heck of an assistant.