PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Checkers Education

Phil C
01-28-2008, 03:15 PM
This is another great game that used to be much more popular. In fact my mother when she was in high school was the champion of her town. The game is simple enough but there is a few strategy tips one must be aware of. You can find these on You Tube. Just go there and in search put in Chinese Checkers expertvillage and you can take the short lessons provided by Carlos who is a wonderful teacher. When you are ready to play a game you can get a computer opponent. On yahoo or whatever network just go to seach and type in addicting games chinese checkers.

May you have great pleasure and enjoyment from this great game.

Phil C
01-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Chinese Checkers can be played between 2 to 6 people. When there are just two players then they generally play opposite each other. When there are 4 then you divide in pairs and play opposite each other. Of course it is the same when there are 6 but that can sure tie up the board with that many. When there are 3 then all players play with an empty corner opposite them. If there are five then someone will not have a corner with any men and usually the weakest player gets that advantage.

Ideally the best game is between 2 or 4 players in my opinion.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Phil your insight is amazing.

Phil C
02-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Phil your insight is amazing.

Thank you ASU. The main thing is that it is easy to become a good Chinese Checkers player with minimum study. Basically you learn to move your men and try to space a space between them so you can jump them and get to the oposite corner quickly. Also you try to block the other side from having this advantage. Remember to not go against the spirit of the game in holding a man back in your corner so an opponent cannot move all his men in yours when needed. This prevents you from winning also and you won't be invited to play very often is the probable outcome. Play well but keep with the spirit of the intended game.

I once saw two games between two very good players and in game one the winner was the one that got to move first and he won by one move. When the other player movied he won with the same result. So many times between good player the winner moves first.

Still with minimum work and study one can be good at this great game and have many hours of enjoyment. The pretty thing is that more than two players can play at one time.

Phil C
02-24-2008, 07:50 PM
If you ever watch experts play this game the game is usually decided by just one or two movies and quite often it is usually won by the won who went first.

Phil C
02-24-2008, 08:07 PM
In chess and checkers if both sides play perfect the game will end in a draw. In Chinese Checkers you will have a winner but probably in 99.9% of those the winner will win by one move and it will be the one that moved first.

Phil C
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
This game is one of the easiest to become an expert in. Just study the lessons I have suggested on you tube and play against very good opponents and you will be an expert in this game.

kepdawg
03-12-2008, 07:11 PM
I wanted to give Chinese Checkers a try sometime but I don't speak Chinese! :(