PDA

View Full Version : Which schools are more nervous?

CenTexSports
01-28-2008, 12:22 PM
1) The schools that will probably have a major change in district (ie Liberty Hill).

2) The schools on the bubble that may be playing in a new level (ie Cameron/Royse City/etc).

NastySlot
01-28-2008, 12:27 PM
what level would cameron be worried about...they weren't that bad and i think their soph class is loaded.

runthequarter
01-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Travel would be my biggest concern. Gas aint cheap.

Panther One
01-28-2008, 12:37 PM
What does Liberty Hill have to be nervous about? It was moving into region III that was supposed to end our success. I don't really think we care where they stick us. However, if we could avoid being in a district with Wimberley and Fredericksburg, it sure would help our non-district situation. Filling the non-district schedule is probably our biggest concern right now. With that said, I pray like hell we don't wind up in a district with any Austin ISD schools, particularly ones that struggle to even field football teams.

c-town_balla
01-28-2008, 12:48 PM
If Cameron goes 2a travel will not be a big deal....there are 3 2a districts in the area that takes up 18-3a

Sweetwater Red
01-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
1) The schools that will probably have a major change in district (ie Liberty Hill).

2) The schools on the bubble that may be playing in a new level (ie Cameron/Royse City/etc).

You should have added a third choice.:thinking:

3) The schools that might end up in the same district as Snyder
or Celina.:rolleyes: :D :devil:

pirate4state
01-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You should have added a third choice.:thinking:

3) The schools that might end up in the same district as Snyder
or Celina.:rolleyes: :D :devil:

HAHAHA :clap: :D

VWG
01-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by runthequarter
Travel would be my biggest concern. Gas aint cheap.

You got that right. Fillin' up the yellow dogs for long road trips cuts right into that budget like a chainsaw.

I do remember a few years back when Childress was 3A. Stuck Childress in with Vernon, IP, Bowie, and Graham. IP and Vernon had the "short drives".

Daddy D 11
01-28-2008, 02:43 PM
i wouldnt say that LH is scared at all, more like the schools that we might end up with are scared:devil:

Phil C
01-28-2008, 02:52 PM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

Runnin Panther
01-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I will be happy to be in any district that doesn’t include the two Austin schools. Austin schools = more open dates.

Panther One
01-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
I will be happy to be in any district that doesn’t include the two Austin schools. Austin schools = more open dates.
If Wimberley refuses to pay their Robinhood payment, the state may consolidate them with Hays or San Marcos, which could open up another date either in our non-district or district slate. I don't expect this to happen, but if they continue their stance and do not make the payment that is coming up, they'll be forcing the state's hand.

injuredinmelee
01-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
If Wimberley refuses to pay their Robinhood payment, the state may consolidate them with Hays or San Marcos, which could open up another date either in our non-district or district slate. I don't expect this to happen, but if they continue their stance and do not make the payment that is coming up, they'll be forcing the state's hand.

Wheres the movement to back Wimberley in this???

NastySlot
01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Wheres the movement to back Wimberley in this???

I back them 100% with this move...i have seen the situation with the bldgs in the WISD.....I praise the work the teachers and adminstrators do there and the kids both in athletics and academics......Robin Hood is the biggest travesty in our educational system.