PDA

View Full Version : Track is right around the corner

Gsquared
01-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Theres some relief for offseason boredom!

CenTexSports
01-28-2008, 09:18 AM
There is NOTHING more boring than track!

Gsquared
01-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
7th grade girls basketball is way more boring

NastySlot
01-28-2008, 10:24 AM

your kidding right. i would much rather go to a track meet then watch volleyball, boys basketball or even a pro football game.............the only thing boring is the down time between races.

kaorder1999
01-28-2008, 10:32 AM
at least at track meets there is always something going on with all the different events....chance for everyone to compete....little and big, weak and strong, fast and not

bigron15
01-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
at least at track meets there is always something going on with all the different events....chance for everyone to compete....little and big, weak and strong, fast and not

track is very boring. i would rather watch paint dry

kaorder1999
01-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
track is very boring. i would rather watch paint dry

my exact thoughts on baseball!

44INAROW
01-28-2008, 11:04 AM

You're going to the wrong track meets :D

pirate4state
01-28-2008, 11:14 AM
my exact thoughts on baseball! and mine on basketball :D

NastySlot
01-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
You're going to the wrong track meets :D

you can say that again or his school has no track program to speak of.

kaorder1999
01-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I loved playing Football but going to track meets were one of my most favorite sporting events in HS. Have followed it ever since!

pirate4state
01-28-2008, 11:23 AM
... going to track meets were one of my most favorite sporting events in HS. same here

kaorder1999
01-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
same here

yeah right...u hate track!!

pirate4state
01-28-2008, 11:41 AM
yeah right...u hate track!!

no i don't! i just like giving YOU a hard time about track :D

kaorder1999
01-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
no i don't! i just like giving YOU a hard time about track :D

:D

CenTexSports
01-28-2008, 12:19 PM
I don't understand track. The only part where someone carries something (the relay) nobody tries to tackle them. Where they throw things (shot/discus/javelin) nobody tries to catch it. And the part where they jump, nobody is throwing a flag for hurdling.

Track is a sport for those not coordinated enough to play football or baseball. And those that watch it have too much time on their hands. Holy Cow, you can play a round of golf faster than a track meet takes to complete.

SpeedOption
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Track helps you become faster and with more endurance. It helps all athletes become better. And anytime you can compete it makes you a better competitor. Probably things you might want in your football players, or any one else for that matter.

NastySlot
01-28-2008, 12:39 PM
track the second most important sport in texas.........or you wouldn't be able to start practice when ever the track coach wants(no set date like all other sports).........and the track coach is the only coach not limited to summer restrictions on coaching summer track and his or her own athletes.

eagles_victory
01-28-2008, 12:40 PM
I do like going to track meets if I know someone who is involved. As Kaorder said there was nothing more fun then going to a track meet in hs. But for me it was just for the social aspect of it.

But I really dont think you can compare track to sports like football and basketball. At the most a track meet is about one minute of excitment to me. Like the end of a big race or the whole sprint relay. As a spectator its only like usually 30 seconds to a minute of good edge of your seat entertainment where as football and basketball can be a whole game full of big excitment. I hate field events to me thats one of the most boring things you can do is watch someone get out there and throw discus or see how long they can jump.

NastySlot
01-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I do like going to track meets if I know someone who is involved. As Kaorder said there was nothing more fun then going to a track meet in hs. But for me it was just for the social aspect of it.

But I really dont think you can compare track to sports like football and basketball. At the most a track meet is about one minute of excitment to me. Like the end of a big race or the whole sprint relay. As a spectator its only like usually 30 seconds to a minute of good edge of your seat entertainment where as football and basketball can be a whole game full of big excitment. I hate field events to me thats one of the most boring things you can do is watch someone get out there and throw discus or see how long they can jump.

your right you can't compare the excitement....but to say track is boring (earlier poster) is crazy............and you know football isn't exactly excitement every thirty-seconds either............three and outs can be pretty boring if it's you team going three and out..........not much excitement in iso-power up the middle.

eagles_victory
01-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
your right you can't compare the excitement....but to say track is boring (earlier poster) is crazy............and you know football isn't exactly excitement every thirty-seconds either............three and outs can be pretty boring if it's you team going three and out..........not much excitement in iso-power up the middle. yea i wouldnt call track boring but also not my favorite. Im a football basketball baseball fan. But Im the kind of person ill also watch soccer, track, tennis, softball, pretty much anything and enjoy watching it. I love track in the Olympics.

JR2004
01-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Well it's not boring to me since it has provided Madison with several individual champions as well as the boys and girls sweeping the team titles last year. :)

kaorder1999
01-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well it's not boring to me since it has provided Madison with several individual champions as well as the boys and girls sweeping the team titles last year. :)
all without having their own jumping pits and all right? Dont they go to Cobb for that?

NastySlot
01-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
yea i wouldnt call track boring but also not my favorite. Im a football basketball baseball fan. But Im the kind of person ill also watch soccer, track, tennis, softball, pretty much anything and enjoy watching it. I love track in the Olympics.

well im almost like you i will stop by and watch the local hs. soccer teams play if i see the lights at the stadium on........but i usually don't stay to long...i get bored.............i will watch almost any type of sporting event on the high school and college level.

LH Panther Mom
01-28-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't understand track. The only part where someone carries something (the relay) nobody tries to tackle them. Where they throw things (shot/discus/javelin) nobody tries to catch it. And the part where they jump, nobody is throwing a flag for hurdling.

Track is a sport for those not coordinated enough to play football or baseball. And those that watch it have too much time on their hands. Holy Cow, you can play a round of golf faster than a track meet takes to complete.
I can see some "turn left" coaches getting all over you. :devil:

JR2004
01-28-2008, 04:37 PM
all without having their own jumping pits and all right? Dont they go to Cobb for that?

That's correct. They would either bus them up to Cobb or have them run up to Cobb if the bus didn't show up(which happens frequently). They also used to take them to that hill off I-45 (the steep one that's not far from I-20 and they'd have them run up that hill for a few hours for a track workout.) I think they still do that on occasion. Hutch used to do that as well.

I know sometimes if the bus didn't show up and the weather wasn't cooperating, they'd put everyone out on the practice field and just line up some hurdles on the grass and have their workout there. It was just crazy some of the stuff they had to do due to lack of facilities. Anytime I see folks complain about the facilities their school has I just kind of have to laugh because if they took one trip to Madison they'd never, ever complain again.