PDA

View Full Version : Spiff's idea for re-alignment

Spaceman_Spiff
01-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Maybe the UIL should "only" consider travel, and not the size of the schools, for re-alignment purposes. Their rubber bands wouldn't have to stretch as far to put districts together, and nearly everyone could be in 11 team districts without having to travel halfway across the small state of Texas. With the cost of gasoline and diesel as high as they are, maybe the UIL should think about saving school districts some money. Forget enrollment, and go for proximity. With this being said, it may be a good idea if the UIL also scheduled ALL games, trying to schedule teams to play each other within a 15-30 mile radius regardless of size of the school. Oh sure, there would be some blowouts, and the price of school athletic insurance might sky rocket, but all school districts would save on their budgets.

Unless someone has a better idea, I think I will contact UIL in the morning and request that they put off re-alignment for a couple of weeks so that they can fully consider my plan.

Written sarcastically, because there are going to be surprises come Friday anyway.

Spiff

STANG RED
01-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Ha Ha, I like your style Spiff. Your gonna fit in just fine around here.:clap:

Dang, I just noticed you've been around since 2004. Seriously man, you gotta get more involved and ramp up the posting.;)

runthequarter
01-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I agree spiff gonna be some surprises. I liked this one. "maybe the UIL should think about saving school districts some money."

Then they would reduce the 15% they get from playoff games. Good one.

Emerson1
01-27-2008, 04:33 PM
They should do away with any kind of districts, regions or classes.

Each school just plays one game with no opponent, they can score as much as they want and onside kick. Only play 1 half so they don't have to receive a kick off which could not be kicked anyways.

Then it would solve every problem and every team could be the state champion like the UIL wants.

Oh and it would also not cost anything in traveling, so any money saved would go straight to the UIL because they want all the money.

Spaceman_Spiff
01-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Thank you very much Stang...yes, I've been around for quite a while, mostly reading. In fact, that may have been my first post...I usually just make small comments to someone else's idea.

boudreaux
01-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I think we're all going to get a big surprise come re-alignment day.

GreenMonster
01-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Each school just plays one game with no opponent, they can score as much as they want and onside kick.

We'd better kick it deep. If we only onsided we would still have 40+ yards to cover, I hate to have to punt. If we kick it deep we might be able to get it in from the 10 before we ran out of downs.

Spaceman_Spiff
01-27-2008, 09:02 PM
I've seen you guys play Monster...I think you would line up in that Double Tight Wing set and average at least 8 yards per play...or you might line up in the Single Wing and average 9 yards per play.

runthequarter
01-27-2008, 09:39 PM
With the spinner back?

Spaceman_Spiff
01-28-2008, 11:29 AM
They didn't use the "spinner", but was more a modified set for their Wing-T stuff. They also had a shotgun set that resembled the Single Wing, from which they also ran their Wing-T plays...all in all, was a very innovative way to make defenses adjust to an offense. Coach Ellis did a great job of adjusting his offense to the kind of kids he coached.

Spaceman_Spiff
01-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Well, it's official...UIL did not use my idea. When I talked to them today, they were concerned about parent phone calls from the smaller schools when playing the larger schools. I attempted to let the UIL know that by simply not answering the phone, the parent calls would go away. I'm very disappointed, and I feel that UIL officials are too "closed minded" to accept an idea that wasn't from one of their own.

My goal? To run the UIL before the next re-alignment.

Seriously, good luck to all of you Downlowers tomorrow morning.

LH Panther Mom
01-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman_Spiff
Well, it's official...UIL did not use my idea. When I talked to them today, they were concerned about parent phone calls from the smaller schools when playing the larger schools. I attempted to let the UIL know that by simply not answering the phone, the parent calls would go away. I'm very disappointed, and I feel that UIL officials are too "closed minded" to accept an idea that wasn't from one of their own.

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: Greatness!

Spaceman_Spiff
02-01-2008, 10:53 AM
The UIL didn't even consider my idea...I'm going to stop trying to help!!!