PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Booger.....

lepfan
01-27-2008, 12:04 PM
http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19236818&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475626&rfi=6

I have known this man as Uncle Booger all my life. I loved visiting his house as a child...and loved it when he came to visit us...He technically is not my uncle...just my Uncle Dick's brother...but since I can remember he has been Uncle Booger.

DDBooger
01-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19236818&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475626&rfi=6

I have known this man as Uncle Booger all my life. I loved visiting his house as a child...and loved it when he came to visit us...He technically is not my uncle...just my Uncle Dick's brother...but since I can remember he has been Uncle Booger. wonder if we're kin

sinton66
01-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by lepfan

I have known this man as Uncle Booger all my life. I loved visiting his house as a child...and loved it when he came to visit us...He technically is not my uncle...just my Uncle Dick's brother...but since I can remember he has been Uncle Booger.

An awful lot of those 1000 folks in St.Lawrence are kin to my wife.

STANG RED
01-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Sounds like a real good guy.
Reminds me of my father. Occasionaly someone will ask me who my dad is. If I tell them Calvin, often they will ask if he is any kin to Booger. I just laugh and have to tell them yes they are one in the same. Then of course they want to know how he got saddled with a nickname like Booger. Well I dont know how accurate the story really is, but supposedley his older brother of two years gave it to him. When he would try to say little brother it would come out sounding like little Booger. To this day, all his brothers and sisters and pretty much anyone that has ever meet him know him as Booger. Most people that know him (almost everyone in Sweetwater and surrounding area) have no idea what his real name even is. But most everyone that knows him loves him, because he is just that kind of man. Treats everyone with respect and is always offering a helping hand to those that need it. I bet he mows a couple hundred yards of little old widdow ladies from the church every summer, and wont accept a dime for it. It keeps him young and healthy though. 75 years old and can still work circles around most men half his age. I just hope they find a cure for alzheimers some day soon. Dad has the early signs of it, and that has got to be one of the absolute worse deseases of any. As physically healthy as my Dad is, I can easily see him living another 20 years. But I'm afraid most of that will be without knowing who anyone that loves him is. At least the desease is very early in its progression now, so I think we still have several good years left before things get really bad. I'm just hoping and praying that a cure or at least treatments that can greatly slow down its progression will be coming along soon.
If your lucky enough not to have seen a loved one dwindle and suffer for years with this terrible desease, consider yourself lucky. Ive seen it with grandparents and aunts and uncles. Saddest thing I have ever seen.

lepfan
01-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
wonder if we're kin Are you kin to Booger?

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
An awful lot of those 1000 folks in St.Lawrence are kin to my wife.

Those ppl in St Lawrence sure know how to party. I've been to some good ones out at that church.

lepfan
01-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Those ppl in St Lawrence sure know how to party. I've been to some good ones out at that church. Me too....years ago!!!!