PDA

View Full Version : Colt Brennan

Adidas410s
01-26-2008, 09:30 PM
will go undrafted after his performance today in the North/South game. Sad times indeed...

GreenGobbla
01-26-2008, 09:44 PM
stats?

Adidas410s
01-27-2008, 11:08 AM
2 of 7 for 22 yards, 1 INT

big daddy russ
01-28-2008, 01:37 AM
I was high on him at the start of the season. He can make all the throws, has the production to back up the talent, and is as confident/cocky as they come. I thought he was a first-rounder for sure, but after seeing him a few times this year, I see the next Patrick Ramsey.

Hell of an arm, can make any throw on the field, but makes some boneheaded decisions. He just doesn't see the field like I thought he did.

Five-yard passes were the bread-and-butter of that run 'n shoot offense that he was running in Hawaii. We're not talking less-than-adequate decisions in an offense that's asking you to throw between the safeties, we're talking about bad decisions three yards from the LOS.

I usually don't harp on funky deliveries (Sonny Jurgensen, Brett Favre, and Jeff Garcia all have funky deliveries and have been successful in the NFL, and the jury's still out on Philip Rivers and Vince Young), but a QB's release point hurts them a lot more when they don't see the whole field.

I thought he was one of the most underrated prospects in the draft going into this season. Timmy Chang's head in a prototype NFL body, complete with the size and strength. After watching him this season, I'm eating my words and saying he'll be a career backup who will last 3-5 years in the league. Maybe a little longer if he goes in the first round (heck, Tim Couch lasted five years in the league). He's a guy that can come into a game off the bench and can rally a team (especially given his personality), but not a guy that can consistently lead a solid team.

Adidas410s
01-28-2008, 09:40 AM
He measured in at 6'2" and 185 lbs at the Senior Bowl this week. The biggest knock being mentioned by scouts this week is his arm strength. He has to "load up" and takes too long to throw a deep ball...a luxury he had at Hawaii that won't exist in the NFL.

runthequarter
01-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Physically not real strong as noted. Height is an issue along with 185 lb frame. He has a way to go to make it. He is kinda like Hawaii vs Georgia kinda out of his league.

Daddy D 11
01-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by runthequarter
He is kinda like Hawaii vs Georgia kinda out of his league.

haha thats funny

bebo24
01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
i watched him practice during the week before the game and he just isn't taking very well to being under center. he also makes a lot of dumb mistakes. i was really looking forward to seeing him in the senior bowl, but after what i saw this week, i'm not impressed.