If an "unnamed" friend told 'em, then it's gotta be true!!:D

piratebg
01-26-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325490,00.html

:D

BobcatBenny
01-26-2008, 03:29 PM
I think she is complaining about the word "Dumped!" :D

It probably would have been more appropriate to say, "Tony Romo is No Longer Jinxed!"

Old Tiger
01-26-2008, 03:53 PM
I think OK! Magazine reported then TMZ.com said those rumors were false that they are still together.

All this from Trey Wingo on NFL live at the closing segment :D. Quit hilarious if anyone caught it.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I think OK! Magazine reported then TMZ.com said those rumors were false that they are still together.

yep i saw that last night, its false and they are still together.

Phil C
01-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Nothing was her fault. The team went into a slump at the wrong time. Bad blocking, pass defense allowed too many big pass plays and the receivers dropped too many passes plus Romo did throw a few risky ones. But he should have known better than to go to Mexico during playoffs time instead of having his head in the books. He did something that Bart Starr, Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Roger Stauback would never have done. Brady might have done it but he has three super bowl rings to his name while Mr. Romo only has one and done in playoff records.

SpeedOption
01-27-2008, 11:40 AM
The Natural

Aesculus gilmus
01-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Nothing was her fault. But he should have known better than to go to Mexico during playoffs time instead of having his head in the books. He did something that Bart Starr, Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Roger Stauback would never have done.

My favorite QB of that era, Joe Namath, DEFINITELY WOULD HAVE done it. He'd have probably taken several dozen with him at once. He might have even had a stopover in Vegas to put money down on the game.

Romo just isn't all that good. No amount of "head in the books" time is going to make him into another Brady or Namath.

You Gen X, Y and Zers just don't know what "cool" is. Broadway Joe Willie Namath was the very definition of the term in his prime.

Sweetwater Red
01-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
My favorite QB of that era, Joe Namath, DEFINITELY WOULD HAVE done it. He'd have probably taken several dozen with him at once. He might have even had a stopover in Vegas to put money down on the game.

Romo just isn't all that good. No amount of "head in the books" time is going to make him into another Brady or Namath.

You Gen X, Y and Zers just don't know what "cool" is. Broadway Joe Willie Namath was the very definition of the term in his prime.

If "cool" is getting drunk and slobbering all over a sideline
reporter while trying to pick her up at a football game then
count me out.

Phil C
01-27-2008, 12:45 PM

Joe was great and does have a ring but he doesn't have the two or more like Stauback, Starr and Montana.

runthequarter
01-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Joe had the talent to back it up.

LH Panther Mom
01-27-2008, 01:03 PM

LOL! Mr. Leggs pantyhose? :D

Emerson1
01-27-2008, 01:16 PM
He can do wayyy better with the money he has.

Aesculus gilmus
01-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If "cool" is getting drunk and slobbering all over a sideline
reporter while trying to pick her up at a football game then
count me out.

I did use the qualifier "in his prime."

By now he's probably tooling around Wal-Mart in a motorized chair.

Actually, he would have already been doing that 30 years ago if they'd been available. He had multiple knee operations over the course of his career. Basically, they were already ruined before he even made it to the NFL.

The "record-setting" contract he signed with the Jets of the upstart AFL, which shocked everyone when he was drafted out of Alabama, was for less than half a million. I think it was closer to $400K. From that moment on, the "establishment" hated him and he hated them back.

One of the reasons we are so close to living in a dictatorship these days is because there aren't enough free spirits like Joe Willie anymore. Or Don Meredith, for that matter, who was sort of a toned-down Texas version of Namath.

Phil C
01-27-2008, 08:47 PM
In the 50s Bobby Layne was well known for staying up late partying and drinking and then going out the next day and having a great day on the field. He helped lead the Lions to three NFL championships.

He said he was the type that could hit the pillow and fall asleep and after five hours of sleep he was well rested and ready to go again.