PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 4A site?

trojan37
01-25-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm trying to look up some info for my brother. His kids go to Waco Midway, and he wanted me to try and find something for him, but I can't find the site. Anyone know?

Emerson1
01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
here (http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showforum=3)

What are you trying to find?

pirate4state
01-25-2008, 08:38 PM
http://www.3adownlow.com/links.php

home page is your friend

trojan37
01-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks. Rumors floating about a possible San Angelo school coming into their district at realignment, which has him :mad: , for travel reasons obviously.

wildstangs
01-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Thanks. Rumors floating about a possible San Angelo school coming into their district at realignment, which has him :mad: , for travel reasons obviously.

That San Angelo school wont really make any school happy at realignment.

trojan37
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
That San Angelo school wont really make any school happy at realignment.

That's for sure. I talked to my brother earlier, and he always asks me what's going on in the football world. I told him about seeing that, and he went nuts! He says no way will he travel out there. I'm sorry, but if I have kids playing, I'm going no matter how far the drive. That's where him and I don't agree.

wildstangs
01-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
That's for sure. I talked to my brother earlier, and he always asks me what's going on in the football world. I told him about seeing that, and he went nuts! He says no way will he travel out there. I'm sorry, but if I have kids playing, I'm going no matter how far the drive. That's where him and I don't agree.

Like Matt said, San Angelo is on an island in the 4A football scene. They currently play in district with us (Plainview) and its quite possible they could play with Waco schools or us next year as well.

You know what the UIL is telling them dont you? Move enough kids from Central to Lakeview, giving both 5A enrollment, and we will solve both of your travel problems. Heck San Angelo Central goes to Amarillo for district games.

Emerson1
01-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Why don't they just opt up? It's not like they are any good. Why would they want to have to drive to either Lubbock or El Paso every other week?

wildstangs
01-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why don't they just opt up? It's not like they are any good. Why would they want to have to drive to either Lubbock or El Paso every other week?

They are decent every once in awhile. If they opted up they would get placed with Abilene, Midland, and Odessa.

Matthew328
01-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Lake View is a bad 4A school...if they opt up they'd be one of the worst teams in 5A...Abilene, Odessa Permian and Midland Lee would put severe beat downs on them in all sports

SpeedOption
01-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

You know what the UIL is telling them dont you? Move enough kids from Central to Lakeview, giving both 5A enrollment, and we will solve both of your travel problems. Heck San Angelo Central goes to Amarillo for district games.

Thats what the UIL wants. Break out the gas bill.

boudreaux
01-27-2008, 06:47 PM
The UIL is trying to put the squeeze on the San Angelo school district. They know what they need to do. They should just it and get it over with.