PDA

View Full Version : Top 12 NFL Alumi per College - 2008

Phil C
01-25-2008, 04:02 PM
See the link below. Remember it is for current NFL players. The list does have some surprises.

1. Miami - In spite of recent down years that is a surprise.

2. Michigan - Probably fortunate that this past years' team isn't considered.

3. Tennessee

4. Ohio State - I thought would have been higher

5. USC - See No. 4

6. LSU

7. Texas - Texas did very well and future looks good as far as sending players to NFL

8. Georgia

9. Florida State

10. Florida

11. Auburn

12. Penn State

Oklahoma just missed out.

Noticeably absent was Notre Dame who in the past would probably have been ranked No. 1 it's share of times. Grambling at one time had a top team.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/723182.html

Sweetwater Red
01-25-2008, 04:06 PM

And what is this supposed to mean?
:thinking:

Phil C
01-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

And what is this supposed to mean?
:thinking:

They had an off year for them. Michigan has won most games overall than other teams and it isn't even close. Notre Dame is No. 2 with Texas close behind.

Sweetwater Red
01-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
They had an off year for them. Michigan has won most games overall than other teams and it isn't even close. Notre Dame is No. 2 with Texas close behind.

After clicking on the link and reading it I have a better understanding.:doh:

Thanks Phil. :)

Phil C
01-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
After clicking on the link and reading it I have a better understanding.:doh:

Thanks Phil. :)

You are welcome. I am sure these things run in cycles. Only one state has more than one school in the top 12 (actually top 10) and that is Florida with three of them.

SpeedOption
01-27-2008, 12:24 PM
ND has fallen of a lot.

Phil C
01-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by SpeedOption
ND has fallen of a lot.

They may be back. According to the experts they have an awesome recruting class this year.

Phil C
01-27-2008, 07:48 PM
I know this will cause debate and differenct opinions are good but the other night Don Nelson had different players on his team in the third quarter on purpose foul one of the Nets (I think) players six or seven times on purpose. This was because he knew that he was not a good free throw shooter. I can't fault him for taking advantage of the situation but I think the NBA needs to make a rule that if a player is obviously fouled on purpose because of this that there should be a technical called on the bench. This would eliminate this type of action most likely. As it is that is unethical but legal basketball. It slows the action down also. It would be up to the officials to warn the bench after the third obvious foul that technicals will be called. Also the call would be at their judgement. Of course in the last few minutes this rule would go by the wayside.

JR2004
01-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I know this will cause debate and differenct opinions are good but the other night Don Nelson had different players on his team in the third quarter on purpose foul one of the Nets (I think) players six or seven times on purpose. This was because he knew that he was not a good free throw shooter. I can't fault him for taking advantage of the situation but I think the NBA needs to make a rule that if a player is obviously fouled on purpose because of this that there should be a technical called on the bench. This would eliminate this type of action most likely. As it is that is unethical but legal basketball. It slows the action down also. It would be up to the officials to warn the bench after the third obvious foul that technicals will be called. Also the call would be at their judgement. Of course in the last few minutes this rule would go by the wayside.

lol...I'm guessing you meant to put this on the thread about the NBA.