PDA

View Full Version : Being a teach is hazardous to your health!!!!

lepfan
01-24-2008, 10:09 PM
A few weeks ago I had to go to the doctor...turned out I had staff---in my nose of all places. He said it was a warm moist host and a lot of people end up with it there. I walked in to work Wednesday and the school secretary and asst. principal told me to go home...I did--after going back to the doctor...this time it is pink eye!!!! I better not get the flu from my classroom full of specimans!!!:mad: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
01-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Look at the bright side. At least there's not cow pooh flying onto your windshield anymore. ;)

I hope you feel better soon! :)

lepfan
01-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Look at the bright side. At least there's not cow pooh flying onto your windshield anymore. ;)

I hope you feel better soon! :) LOL...you are right there!!!

On another note...I took my daughter to a walk in clinic today (her doctor was over booked as was the Urgent Care clinic) they did a strep test and a flu test...she has the FLU!!!

I did not get the flu shot in October when it was offered (I hate shots) so the nurse gave me a flu shot today--to help me from getting it later on AND gave me Tamiflu to take for 10 days to keep it off me for the 10 days before the shots becomes effective....
....After a trip to the clinic and pharmacy I am $200 poorer!

The bright side of the story....at least I am not in Kansas anymore!

AP Panther Fan
01-26-2008, 12:24 AM
lol, everything I have read tonight has been medical in nature (okay, except the Patriots/Giants..thing!);)

lepfan...hope you feel better soon! :)

CHS_CG
01-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
LOL...you are right there!!!

On another note...I took my daughter to a walk in clinic today (her doctor was over booked as was the Urgent Care clinic) they did a strep test and a flu test...she has the FLU!!!

I did not get the flu shot in October when it was offered (I hate shots) so the nurse gave me a flu shot today--to help me from getting it later on AND gave me Tamiflu to take for 10 days to keep it off me for the 10 days before the shots becomes effective....
....After a trip to the clinic and pharmacy I am $200 poorer!

The bright side of the story....at least I am not in Kansas anymore!

OMG do I know how you feel.. I was coughing really bad on Tuesday (thought my bronchitis was back that I had JUST gotten over) so I took some nyquil and put vicks on my chest my back and my feet, put socks on and went to bed. Got up Wednesday to get ready for work and I couldnt move. So I called the doctor and had to be there at 10:30am (this was at 9am) Got as far as my moms office (about 20 minutes away) and couldnt drive any more. I couldnt look over my shoulder if I had to change lanes, I couldnt look back at Taylor if she was talking to me, couldnt hold up my head hardly and felt like I was going to pass out. Got mom to drive me the rest of the way only to find out I have the stupid flu. Got back to Caldwell and went to pick up my Tamiflu, Delsym and Advil Liquid Gels and $100 dollars on meds and the doctor later, I finally got to pass out. Not to mention I still feel like crap!

AP Panther Fan
01-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
OMG do I know how you feel.. I was coughing really bad on Tuesday (thought my bronchitis was back that I had JUST gotten over) so I took some nyquil and put vicks on my chest my back and my feet, put socks on and went to bed. Got up Wednesday to get ready for work and I couldnt move. So I called the doctor and had to be there at 10:30am (this was at 9am) Got as far as my moms office (about 20 minutes away) and couldnt drive any more. I couldnt look over my shoulder if I had to change lanes, I couldnt look back at Taylor if she was talking to me, couldnt hold up my head hardly and felt like I was going to pass out. Got mom to drive me the rest of the way only to find out I have the stupid flu. Got back to Caldwell and went to pick up my Tamiflu, Delsym and Advil Liquid Gels and $100 dollars on meds and the doctor later, I finally got to pass out. Not to mention I still feel like crap!

:( :( :(

I hope you feel better soon too! I was sick a few weeks before Christmas and it took (what seemed like) FOREVER to get over it! Hang in there, sleep as much as possible, take your meds, drink lots of water. Just think, if you sleep through something, it seems to be over with quicker...:doh: i.e. a long drive, class lecture, illness, whatever... just sleep it off and get well soon. I am sure Tator Tot is ready for you to be back to normal.

:):) :D

lepfan
01-26-2008, 10:49 AM
I hope you feel better soon!!!! My daughter is down and out! They told her no school until January 31...at first they said Feb4 and then she must have seen the look on my face...hopefully after the shot and the Tamiflu I am taking I won't go down with it
!!!
On another note...has anyone ever had the flu test or seen it done??? She brought out two swabs one was for the flu test and one was for a strep test. She swabbed her throat for the strep test and then put it in the vial-----THEN----told her to swab her nose for the flu test...she said "I need BIG BOOGERS" that was gross...my daughter said "if you want big boogers I'm gonna have to use my finger and not that swab" LOL any shoo....her test came back positive(i got to watch it change)

ProudHornetMom
01-26-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm a school nurse and have been sending many students home with flu symptoms.

Y'all take care of yourselves...drink plenty of fluids and rest.

Next year...get the flu shot. :inlove: