PDA

View Full Version : ESPN anchor suspended for drunken slurs about Jesus, Notre Dame

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Dana Jacobson joins the long list of talking heads who have talked first and used their heads later.

As a result, the ESPN host will be off the air, reportedly for a week. Here's an Associated Press Story.

Jacobson got up at a celebrity roast in Atlantic City, N.J., and started hurling expletives, including, according to some reports, "*--- Notre Dame," "*--- Touchdown Jesus" and, finally, "*--- Jesus.” (The roast was for Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic, hosts of ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" show. Golic, a former pro football player, is a Notre Dame alum. Jacobson went to Michigan.)

At least Jacobson had an excuse. She was apparently blotto.

An account in The Press of Atlantic City said she "made an absolute fool of herself, swilling vodka from a Belvedere bottle, mumbling along and cursing like a sailor as Mike & Mike rested their heads in their hands in embarrassment."

She was booed by the audience, which included Notre Dame football coach Charlie Weis, and had to be pulled off stage.

Later, she apologized -- while, I'm guessing, nursing a big headache.

"My actions at the roast were inappropriate and in no way represent who I really am," she said. "I have personally apologized to many of the people involved. I won't make excuses for my behavior but do hope that I can be forgiven for such a poor lack of judgment

Jacobson went to Michigan

Mace Griffin
01-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Is she the one on First Take (formally Cold Pizza)? Some people are just different people when they have consumer alcohal.

Adidas410s
01-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Mace Griffin
Is she the one on First Take (formally Cold Pizza)? Some people are just different people when they have consumer alcohal.
yep...

Sweetwater Red
01-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Will you edit your post and leave out the part about her
attending the University of Michigan, please.:o :doh: :(

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Will you edit your post and leave out the part about her
attending the University of Michigan, please.:o :doh: :(

Is that better :D

Sweetwater Red
01-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Is that better :D

It said she went there. It didn't say she graduated though. :thinking: :D

bandera7
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
haha this is funny. It should give everybody something to talk about while we are waiting on the super bowl.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-24-2008, 11:24 PM
She got drunk at a roast and went off on a rival, I think it's hilarious. I like her, I'm glad she didn't get fired.

bandera7
01-24-2008, 11:45 PM
the whole Jesus thing set me over the top...going off on Notre Dame is different than on the foundation of a religion

Panther One
01-25-2008, 12:44 AM
I think this is by far worse than the golf reporter's joke about Tiger Woods, but in our society today, what is determined to be racist is far more newsworthy than an attack on religion. This was a joke in poor taste made while drunk and will be written off as such. A joke in poor taste about race is headline news.

Old Tiger
01-25-2008, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
the whole Jesus thing set me over the top...going off on Notre Dame is different than on the foundation of a religion religion is overrated.

DaHop72
01-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
religion is overrated. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phil C
01-25-2008, 10:26 AM
religion is overrated.

Go I admire the Catholic Church.

DUKE22
01-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Man at least Skip Bayless was not there. Can you imagine that idiot while he was drunk.

sweetwater07
01-25-2008, 11:25 AM
i personally don't believe in religion, god, or jesus....but just because i don't doesn't mean i have the right to offend others by sprouting off hurtful and offensive comments about those things to others like she did.....thats crazy and i bet shes quite embarrased

STANG RED
01-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i personally don't believe in religion, god, or jesus....but just because i don't doesn't mean i have the right to offend others by sprouting off hurtful and offensive comments about those things to others like she did.....thats crazy and i bet shes quite embarrased

A wise man once said "Those who believe in nothing, will fall for anything". I'd like to think you'll rethink your veiws as you become older and wiser. In the mean time, I'll be praying for you.:D

Leopards,class of 75
01-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
A wise man once said "Those who believe in nothing, will fall for anything". I'd like to think you'll rethink your veiws as you become older and wiser. In the mean time, I'll be praying for you.:D I will too STANG!!! There is nothing like having the peace that the LORD gives to me each and every day!!!

Mace Griffin
01-25-2008, 03:29 PM
religion is overrated. is jesus overrated? Regardless of your thoughts on religion to say what she said is unacceptable

Phil C
01-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
I will too STANG!!! There is nothing like having the peace that the LORD gives to me each and every day!!!

Leopards - I admire the Methodist Church.

AggiesAreWe
01-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Damn, another missed opportunity to pick up a drunk broad.

Old Tiger
01-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Mace Griffin
is jesus overrated? Regardless of your thoughts on religion to say what she said is unacceptable jesus and god overrated, no. Religion, yes.

JasperDog94
01-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
I will too STANG!!! There is nothing like having the peace that the LORD gives to me each and every day!!! Word.

I wonder if she would have been fired if she had said the same thing about Muhammad.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Leopards,class of 75
01-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Word.

I wonder if she would have been fired if she had said the same thing about Muhammad.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Probaly fired don't you think?

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Damn, another missed opportunity to pick up a drunk broad.

A hott drunk broad at that.

Did anyone else see the bootleg copy of the video from the introduction before she spoke where the comic was talking about Ditka?

IHStangFan
01-27-2008, 01:02 AM
jesus and god overrated, no. Religion, yes. I personally am not a follower of organized religion. I don't think I have to go to church and put money in a collection plate to talk to God. I will not get started on my beliefs here as discussion of religion is a no-no around here isn't it? I do believe though that her comments were classless and uncalled for. One should not force their beliefs on others nor should they bash other's beliefs. I'll leave it at that.

JasperDog94
01-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I personally am not a follower of organized religion. I don't think I have to go to church and put money in a collection plate to talk to God. Sadly that's the perception of a lot of people when it comes to church.:(

Don't judge all churches based on a select few that preach something outside of God's Word. (I'm not saying that you are. I'm just making a statement.)

:) :)

STANG RED
01-28-2008, 01:37 AM
jesus and god overrated, no. Religion, yes.

I hear ya Go Blue. There are lots of "Religious" nut cases out there that twist worship into something I doubt God approves of. A lot of Religions have misused the name of God while engaging in some of the worst behavior known to man down through history, and a lot of it still goes on today. I have to believe God has got some particularly harsh punishment in store for those people.

Aesculus gilmus
01-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Don't judge all churches based on a select few that preach something outside of God's Word.

:) :)

That's one of the problems right there. There are several major religions in the world (who are able to command followers to commit violence against innocents in the name of their chosen deity) who disagree on EXACTLY what "God's Word" is.

The Islamists are only one example of this. Perhaps you can think of others. I know I can.

I have no use for religious zealots—of whatever stripe.

Overall, in my lifetime, football has been my favorite "organized religion" so far. The UIL has not yet ordered the preemptive invasion of a sovereign country in the name of the football god.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm amazed this post is still alive and kickin.

JR2004
01-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I hear ya Go Blue. There are lots of "Religious" nut cases out there that twist worship into something I doubt God approves of. A lot of Religions have misused the name of God while engaging in some of the worst behavior known to man down through history, and a lot of it still goes on today. I have to believe God has got some particularly harsh punishment in store for those people.

Jim Jones comes to mind here. I've watched the documentary on The People's Temple and the things Jones did a couple of times. That man was just insane. Still out of that the Good Lordmade something good happen with his adopted son, Jim Jones Jr...SI had a great article on him and his son recently. His son now plays basketball for the University of San Diego Toreros.

Bull19
01-28-2008, 05:23 PM
why is this thread not locked? dont we have rules for a reason?