PDA

View Full Version : Olsen twin was first person called when Ledger was found...

kaorder1999
01-24-2008, 12:48 PM
First call after Ledger was found: Olsen

By TOM HAYS

Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- A massage therapist who discovered a lifeless Heath Ledger in his Manhattan apartment made her first call to Mary-Kate Olsen, according to an in-depth timeline police released Wednesday of the moments surrounding the Australian-born actor's death.

Police said Ledger probably died sometime between 1 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. on Tuesday of what authorities say may be an accidental drug overdose.

Authorities found six types of prescription drugs in Ledger's apartment, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. Three of the drugs were prescribed in Europe, where Ledger had been filming recently.

Ledger's housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, arrived at his apartment with her own key and let herself in. At 1 p.m., she went to his bedroom to change a light bulb, and saw Ledger sleeping and heard him snoring. She left the room without thinking anything was wrong.

At 2:45 p.m., massage therapist Diana Wolozin showed up for her appointment with Ledger, who didn't answer when she knocked on his door. She then tried to call him on his cell phone, but again got no response. She went into the bedroom, set up her massage table and again tried to wake Ledger.

Wolozin told police that Ledger was cold to the touch, but that she assumed he was just unconscious. She grabbed his cell phone and called Mary Kate Olsen, whose number was programmed into the phone. Wolozin knew that the "Full House" star and Ledger were friends, and she asked Olsen for advice on what she should do next.

Olsen, who also lives in Manhattan but was in California at the time, responded by saying she would send over her private security guards to help deal with the situation. In the ensuing moments, Wolozin realized that Ledger might be dead. She called Olsen again, then called 911.

The emergency operator provided Wolozin directions on how to do CPR, but it was too late.

Paramedics arrived minutes later - at about the same time as Olsen's security guards.

Messages left at telephone numbers listed for Wolozin and Solomon were not returned Wednesday.

Sweetwater Red
01-24-2008, 01:07 PM
It sounds like the woman was more worried about overreacting
to the situation than saving his life. You know what I mean?:thinking:

Johnny 5
01-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Ehhh . . . normal reaction is to freak out. I think she had a brain fart.

Ranger Mom
01-24-2008, 02:13 PM
I am totally useless in the face of an emergency!! I will be the first one to admit it!!

CHS_CG
01-24-2008, 02:23 PM
I heard this on the early show this morning.. their big question was... if Heath was still alive and could have been saved if she would have called 911 at first THEN called Mary Kate. She could very well have been the person who saved his life.

kaorder1999
01-24-2008, 02:23 PM
my thought...if he was cold to the touch im betting he was already dead when she found him

CHS_CG
01-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
my thought...if he was cold to the touch im betting he was already dead when she found him

well... it could be a cover up to. I mean if I were in that situation I would probably say he was cold to the touch too.

big daddy russ
01-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It sounds like the woman was more worried about overreacting
to the situation than saving his life. You know what I mean?:thinking:
I've been in that situation when one of my friends had alcohol poisoning. You always second-guess your first suspicions because you know how easy it is to overreact and make a bad situation out of nothing. In this case, the press would've been a nightmare either way and I'm sure that crossed her mind at some point.

Sounds like it took a few minutes for everything to process before she realized how serious the situation was. And I can understand that. Unfortunately, this happens quite a bit and there's no telling how many people have lost their lives because of someone second-guessing their initial reaction. I got lucky. I drove my friend to the hospital (I was sober) and made it in time.

I'm sure the masseuse and the housekeeper are having a tough time dealing with it.

Mace Griffin
01-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Kind of a strange situation. Were Ledger and Mary Kate together?

Sweetwater Red
01-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I've been in that situation when one of my friends had alcohol poisoning. You always second-guess your first suspicions because you know how easy it is to overreact and make a bad situation out of nothing. In this case, the press would've been a nightmare either way and I'm sure that crossed her mind at some point.

Sounds like it took a few minutes for everything to process before she realized how serious the situation was. And I can understand that. Unfortunately, this happens quite a bit and there's no telling how many people have lost their lives because of someone second-guessing their initial reaction. I got lucky. I drove my friend to the hospital (I was sober) and made it in time.

I'm sure the masseuse and the housekeeper are having a tough time dealing with it.

That's exactly what I was trying to convey with my post. :clap:

Can I just give you my password and PM you when I have
trouble putting my thoughts into words?:thinking: :D

Mace Griffin
01-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I dont think there is anyway that you can pass blame on the housekeeper.

Ranger Mom
01-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Mace Griffin
I dont think there is anyway that you can pass blame on the housekeeper.

Oh, you know how we are on here....we can do everything better than somebody else did it!!:hand:

Geez...always looking for someone to blame around here!!

Heck...the girl was probably terrified, can you imagine if she had called 911 and it was nothing serious?? She probably would have been fired for embarrassing him, and then black balled for raising attention to it.

You know how those "'stars" are......and Heath Ledger was probably one of the nicer ones.....but you can't blame the "hired help" for feeling the need to protect their ass too!!!

Sweetwater Red
01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Heck...the girl was probably terrified, can you imagine if she had called 911 and it was nothing serious?? She probably would have been fired for embarrassing him, and then black balled for raising attention to it.

Yep. I really hate to use this as an example but T.O.'s publicist.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
01-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yep. I really hate to use this as an example but T.O.'s publicist.:thinking:

Exactly!!!!:clap:

big daddy russ
01-24-2008, 02:52 PM
I don't think either of us was blaming it on the housekeeper. I was saying that it's normal to second-guess yourself over something this serious and I think that's what Sweetwater Red was getting at, too.

I also know how much it freaked me out to find out that my friend almost died and I can't imagine how the housekeeper and masseuse are dealing with it.

Ranger Mom
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I don't think either of us was blaming it on the housekeeper. I was saying that it's normal to second-guess yourself over something this serious and I think that's what Sweetwater Red was getting at, too.

I also know how much it freaked me out to find out that my friend almost died and I can't imagine how the housekeeper and masseuse are dealing with it.

No....I wasn't referring to either of you!!

I am talking about whoever (and it's not just on here) was saying that if she hadn't called Mary Kate first he might could have been saved, so it was her fault!!!

He may very well could have....but from what all I have read, I doubt it!!

It was an unfortunate thing....but EVERYTHING isn't always someone elses fault!!

I sincerely believe in the old saying....*hit Happens!!!!