PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney at a MLK Parade

Matthew328
01-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Talk about a fish out of water...first he takes a pic with some teenagers and in the photo goes

"Who let the dogs out, woof woof"

Then mentions something about a child's "bling, bling"

I am sure he meant well but that is friggin hilarious

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0H8Nq7BglIg

JR2004
01-24-2008, 08:24 AM
I will not vote for this guy if he somehow wins the Republican Party nomination. I guess I'd wind up voting independent this time around.

charlesrixey
01-24-2008, 09:01 AM
It doesn't look like he will be the nominee anyway

i wonder which candidate will win the texas primary?

huckabee, mccain, giuliani or romney?

Huckabee or McCain seem like the obvious choices

Aesculus gilmus
01-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Huckabee is out of money. He won't make it that far.

Ron Paul, the candidate everyone in the media has been ordered not to mention, has a lot of money (raised a few more millions on MLK Day), so he'll still be in it.

And although you'd probably never heard of him until this year, he's been a congressman here for 20 years and has run for statewide office before.

JasperDog94
01-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Ron Paul, the candidate everyone in the media has been ordered not to mention, has a lot of money (raised a few more millions on MLK Day), so he'll still be in it.

And although you'd probably never heard of him until this year, he's been a congressman here for 20 years and has run for statewide office before. And he is an absolute idiot.

Aesculus gilmus
01-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Another Fox News Channel viewer, I see.

themsu97
01-24-2008, 10:13 AM
so because Romney is a little out of touch, this is bad...

point is that he is trying... too much of you have bought into what the media has been selling for years, that everything has to be negative...

I am not voting for Romney for the fact that I do not agree alot with what he says... but that is just me...

notice how little negativity goes toward Clinton and Obama... outside of their little spat over MLK...

those two are on the news all the time...wonder who the media wants to win...

Matthew328
01-24-2008, 08:02 PM
A little out of touch?? Man that line was classic! LOL

JR2004
01-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
so because Romney is a little out of touch, this is bad...

I don't care if he's out of touch...My vote won't go to him due to the beliefs his faith has.

zeke
01-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Romney"s far and away the most conservative of the bunch on the Republican side. He was known as a fixer in his former life as a corporate takeover artist of businesses that were on their last legs and stabilizing their bottom line.
Heaven knows we could use somebody at the presidential helm that knows how streamline our government. The only thing Bush knows how to do is put the government overspending on the old credit card. When Bush took office 7 years ago the U.S. had a 4.5 trillion dollar deficit and has doubled it while in office. I believe Bush has yet to veto a single bill while in office.
Romney is the only candidate left who says we must get tough on communist China's unfair trade policy with our country, who is using their ill gotten gains off the backs of americans to militarily arm their country to the hilt. With their recent actions and what several of their generals are saying is that America is who they wish to do target practice on. We need someone to put a stop to their huge trade surplus with the US which climbed to $240 Billion in 2007. They alone account for more than a fourth of our huge 800 Billion Dolloar trade deficit.
The media as well as Romney's fellow candidates accuse him of being a flip flopper. The only thing they can hang their hat on is abortion which he changed his opinion over a decade ago to preserve all newborn life. Heaven knows all the other Republican candidates have changed their opinions on major issues since the debates started.
My major reason for supporting Romney is that I believe he is the only candidate I believe that will honestly deal with the illegal immigration problem. He has emphatically stated that they must return to their home country. The other candidates support the Rep. Pence and Kay Bailey plan to cross over the border for a day or two, get that Z Visa, come back into the ole US and stay forever.

Adidas410s
01-24-2008, 10:13 PM
1. Yes Bush has vetoed a few bills (i.e. - stem cell research).

2. Before you decide it's great to cut into China's trade surplus, take a look at who holds the largest amounts of US debt. Japan is tops and China is 2nd. Kill their trade surplus and they'll come calling on US bonds. It's an arms race...and we're behind the 8-ball on that one.

3. Quite frankly, who cares about the abortion issue? Regardless of what the President (or anyone else for that matter) thinks, Roe v Wade is an issue that the Supreme Court WILL NOT touch in the forseeable future. Some day the perfect scenario will come along...but it likely won't take place in our lifetimes.

4. Illegal immigration is another issue that has lots of sedx appeal but trying to "export" millions of people will prove to be far more costly than it's worth. 99.9% of those entering this country illegaly present no threat to our country...yet we think that we must get rid of them because they didn't follow the rules (albeit by choice or circumstances). At the same time, we allow illegals from Cuba (see wet feet, dry feet policy) that are found here to earn legal status within a year and begin the process of obtaining US Citizenship. Nice double standard!