PDA

View Full Version : UFO's?? Air Force Claims They Were Fighter Jets Instead!!

ILS1
01-23-2008, 07:40 PM
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Ten Air Force Reserve F-16 fighter jets were the cause of the lights seen over parts of central Texas earlier this month that many believed to be UFOs, according to an Air Force Reserve news release.

Ricky Sorrells said he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Texas home.

The F-16s were on a nighttime training mission over the Brownwood Military Operating Area on January 8, near Stephenville, Texas, the statement said.

A military operating area is airspace designated for military training, according to Air Force officials.

Several people in the area saw lights moving fast across the night sky. The Air Force reported it had no aircraft flying that night, which left people wondering what they saw.

Wednesday, an Air Force Reserve statement from the Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base said it made a mistake in its initial reporting, and that there were planes in the area that night.

"In the interest of public awareness, Air Force Reserve Command Public Affairs realized an error was made regarding the reported training activity of military aircraft," the news release said.

A spokesman for the Air Force Reserve fighter wing, Karl Lewis, said the error in the reporting resulted from an internal communications problem between offices at the base.

Lewis said he received the flight information earlier this week, confirmed it with officials on the base and sent the news release out Wednesday.

The release said the planes were in the area between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., about the time many people reported seeing the lights, according to reporting at the time.

Lewis said the planes were from the 457th Fighter Squadron based at the reserve base outside of Fort Worth, Texas.

Story Link (www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/23/airforce.ufo/index.html)

Old Tiger
01-23-2008, 07:45 PM
why the hell would they be doing test around stephenville....doesn't make any sense but go figure the government using that excuse.

setxsports
01-23-2008, 08:00 PM
:D Sure they were testing.

JR2004
01-23-2008, 08:04 PM
The military has land out that direction used for training exercises. I remember when I used to drive from Lampasas to Abilene passing by several convoys from Ft. Hood that would go out there. Between the convoys and the dozens of helicopters that'd be flying overhead, it seemed like they were going to war...lol.

buff4life
01-23-2008, 08:11 PM
or they are just trying to hide stuff again...

Area 51

Old Tiger
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
or they are just trying to hide stuff again...

Area 51 You better be careful....they are always watching....for all you know they are on the way to your dorm or wherever it is you stay.

buff4life
01-23-2008, 08:16 PM
no joke...lol...they already read all my text messages...bet they get a kick out of those and they know everyone i talk to lol....wouldn't surprise me if they are reading this

LH Panther Mom
01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
no joke...lol...they already read all my text messages...bet they get a kick out of those and they know everyone i talk to lol....wouldn't surprise me if they are reading this
Well, our newest member is named Hawkeye. :eek: :eek: :eek:

thewyliefan
01-23-2008, 08:52 PM
didnt they say at first that they asked the airforce bases around and that they said there were no air craft in the area in the first place? hmmm cover up?

solocam
01-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Thats what they said after Rosswell

Starburst
01-23-2008, 10:32 PM
the stuff they try to feed us:crazy:

Im just curious if anybody on the board has talked to someone from the ville who seen it?

coach
01-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Starburst
the stuff they try to feed us:crazy:

Im just curious if anybody on the board has talked to someone from the ville who seen it?

i have a friend that goes to tarelton and he said ppl were going crazy and that he thought it was just some plane lol

Johnny 5
01-24-2008, 01:02 AM
I smell some BS from the USAF

maroonpirate04
01-24-2008, 01:55 AM
That's what they say for now but until someone actually captures a live alien on cam or we have to baracade ourselves like in the film SIGNS then they will admit the truth:D