PDA

View Full Version : heisman trophy?

Football GOD
12-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Pittsburg's Larry Fitzgerald,college football's most dominant offensive player this season,is
a strong contender for the Heisman Trophy.

87-rec.
22-TD

Do you think him being only a sophmore will hurt
his chances of getting the votes he needs to
grab the trophy?

Opinion's welcomed!!!

GWOOD
12-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Yes, being a sophomore hurts him, as well as being a receiver and playing for a low limelight team. Desmond Howard & Johnny Rogers won the Heismann trophy as receivers but were on nationally ranked and well known teams--Michigan, Nebreska.

As good as he is, he does not have a chance. I figure the best he will do is 3rd in the voting.

Phil C
12-10-2003, 10:31 AM
I agree GW. Being a sophomore will hurt. It is like awarding an oscar to first time nominees who have only made a few movies. It happens but it is very rare. They will probably give it to the OK QB.

Jimbotex40
12-10-2003, 10:42 AM
larry fitzgerald was freakin amazing when he played against us

playa 3
12-10-2003, 10:53 AM
I thin Jason White will still win the Heisman this year. He had one bad game, but he is one of the best quarterbacks in the nationon the best team in the nation.

JasperDog94
12-10-2003, 10:56 AM
How can you not consider Manning? Look at Ole' Miss the past 30 years...not too good. Now with Manning they almost won their conference. Talk about an impact player. He doesn't have the numbers that White has, but I also feel that White is a system QB. Just my .02 cents...

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

Buccaneer
12-10-2003, 11:06 AM
JasperDog94:
How can you not consider Manning? Look at Ole' Miss the past 30 years...not too good. Now with Manning they've won their conference. Talk about an impact player. He doesn't have the numbers that White has, but I also feel that White is a system QB. Just my .02 cents...Correction: LSU won the SEC. Georgia was runnerup.

GWOOD
12-10-2003, 11:24 AM
ESPN'S Picks For Heisman

1. Jason White, QB, Oklahoma
2. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh
3. Chris Perry, RB, Michigan
4. Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi
5. Matt Leinart, QB, USC

Jimbotex40
12-10-2003, 11:45 AM
hey jasperdog,

it's either 2 cents, or .02 dollars.

i'd be willing to bet that obtaining .02 cents is rather difficult.

JasperDog94
12-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Jimbotex40:
hey jasperdog,

it's either 2 cents, or .02 dollars.

i'd be willing to bet that obtaining .02 cents is rather difficult.That depends on how good you are with a blow torch. eek!

ej2525
12-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Manning gets my vote!! If he had a fairly solid defense behind the offense Ole' Miss would have most likely been in a BCS game coming up.

Keith7
12-10-2003, 12:06 PM
BJ Symons

GWOOD
12-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Keith7:
BJ SymonsAll right!!! A man after my own heart. Good call, Keith7.

vet93
12-10-2003, 12:16 PM
I agree with JasperDog...I think that there were probably 10 to 12 quarterbacks around the nation that could have produced numbers like White this year had they played for OU. On the other hand, Eli was the difference maker for Ole Miss this year. A good way to think about it is to take each player and switch teams. Would OU have been as effective with Manning at the helm? I think that the answer is yes. On the other hand...would White have been as effective at Ole Miss...I don't think that he would have. I think that Eli should win the Heisman.

ej2525
12-10-2003, 12:35 PM
I 2nd that comment Vet93!!

afflac65
12-10-2003, 12:40 PM
i have to agree with football god. larry fitzgerald should win the heisman.

crzyjournalist03
12-10-2003, 12:45 PM
I believe that Eli Manning SHOULD win it, but Jason White WILL win it...his numbers are simply too good to ignore...even though he does play for the best team in the country, you can't hold that against him...but if we're talking NFL draft here, I'd take Manning over White any day.

Showtime33
12-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Bottom line, I think that Fitzgerald is the best player in the nation, I dont care if he is a sophmore. A lot of people dont know this but Fitzgerald use to like be ball boy on the sidelines for the Vikings. He got a lot of tips from Cris Carter and Randy Moss on how to be a great reciever. Picture this though for next year, in the first round, the Atlanta Falcons select Fitzgerald. What an explosive and dangerous offense that the Falcons would have then with Vick and QB and Price and Fitzgerald at the wide outs. It could happen.

Buccaneer
12-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Showtime33:
Bottom line, I think that Fitzgerald is the best player in the nation, I dont care if he is a sophmore. A lot of people dont know this but Fitzgerald use to like be ball boy on the sidelines for the Vikings. He got a lot of tips from Cris Carter and Randy Moss on how to be a great reciever. Picture this though for next year, in the first round, the Atlanta Falcons select Fitzgerald. What an explosive and dangerous offense that the Falcons would have then with Vick and QB and Price and Fitzgerald at the wide outs. It could happen.It could happen if Larry Fitzerald was eligible for the draft but he is not unless he sues the NFL and wins. I think he will win the Heisman before he wins that case !

Bellville22
12-10-2003, 01:41 PM
IMHO, Fitzgerald is BY FAR the best player in college football, I think he deserves the trophy.

However, because of his Soph. status, and because i never pick the right guy, I don't think he'll win it.

fball4life
12-10-2003, 02:19 PM
I think i twill hurt fitzgerald but he still has 2 more years if he decides to stay. I think Chris Perry from Michigan has a good chance too but Jason white frm oklahoma will win because of his teams ranked. I also learned it is better to loose a game at the beging of the season than at the end.

Football GOD
12-10-2003, 02:48 PM
Good group of player's either way,may the most deserving one receive the award.I will stick
with Fitzgerald on this one,NCAA WILL HAVE GOOD RATING'S FOR NEXT YEAR,CAUSE OF THE INTEREST
OF HEISMAN TROPHY RECEPIENT LARRY FITZGEALD,
"SO IT ADDS UP".I guess!Huh Huh

<small>[ December 10, 2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Football GOD ]</small>

JasperDog94
12-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Keith7:
BJ SymonsHA HA :D ....HA HA HA HA :D :D .......HA HA HA HA HA HA :D :D :D ...Good one!

crzyjournalist03
12-10-2003, 03:49 PM
JasperDog94:

Keith7:
BJ SymonsHA HA :D ....HA HA HA HA :D :D .......HA HA HA HA HA HA :D :D :D ...Good one!he deserves at least consideration...he broke some NCAA single-season records...he may be a product of a system, but that system is very good...but he won't win it.

GWOOD
12-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Just hit the press:
Jason White selected as AP College Player of the Year with 27 of 56 votes.
#2-Fitzgerald
#3-Manning & Darren Sproles, Kansas St RB
#5-Perry & Leinart

GWOOD
12-10-2003, 03:56 PM
JasperDog94:

Keith7:
BJ SymonsHA HA :D ....HA HA HA HA :D :D .......HA HA HA HA HA HA :D :D :D ...Good one!Hmmmmmmmm, let's see.....set the NCAA single season record for passing yardage; Just won the Sammy Baugh award as the nations' top collegiate passer. I would say "Not a bad year at all!!"

next generation
12-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Yes, and it is stupid. He should get the Heisman trophy!

marktaras
12-10-2003, 06:05 PM
GWOOD:

JasperDog94:

Keith7:
BJ SymonsHA HA :D ....HA HA HA HA :D :D .......HA HA HA HA HA HA :D :D :D ...Good one!Hmmmmmmmm, let's see.....set the NCAA single season record for passing yardage; Just won the Sammy Baugh award as the nations' top collegiate passer. I would say "Not a bad year at all!!"I think he should get more consideration because he's on a less successful team. He doesn't have nearly the pass protection or recievers that White has.
y

GWOOD
12-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Thank you, thank you BJ Symons' fans.

crzyjournalist03
12-10-2003, 08:42 PM
well, the four finalists have been announced:

Jason White, QB Oklahoma
Larry Fitzgerald, WR Pittsburgh
Eli Manning, QB Ole Miss
Chris Perry, RB Michigan