PDA

View Full Version : Baylor gets Jeremy Sanders

trojan37
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Former Marlin standout Jeremy Sanders has renewed his commitment to Baylor after a weekend visit, giving them 16 commitments.
Jeremy Sanders (http://www.wacotrib.com/prep/content/sports/highschools/stories/2008/01/21/01212007wacburecruit.html)

sahen
01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
good another kid that can compete for QB and if it doesnt workout he is athletic enough to move elsewhere...

formermbcouns
01-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Jeremy's an awesome QB. He was so much fun to watch during my years at Marlin.

IHS Fan
01-22-2008, 09:32 PM
i've watched jeremy play the last 2 years at Navarro. while at times he did shine, he had games that he looked like he didn't belong. i think he struggled to much to be a starting qb at a major college. don't get me wrong. when he looked good he really did shine but he was to quick to pull the ball down and run.

Adidas410s
01-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
when he looked good he really did shine but he was to quick to pull the ball down and run.
Hey that sounds like VY :p

Bull19
01-22-2008, 09:44 PM
i've watched jeremy play the last 2 years at Navarro. while at times he did shine, he had games that he looked like he didn't belong. i think he struggled to much to be a starting qb at a major college. don't get me wrong. when he looked good he really did shine but he was to quick to pull the ball down and run.

sounds like every other wide reciever playing q.b. at a higher level of competition

zebrablue2
01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
lots of luck to jeremy at baylor. he is a very good football player with break away speed. I wish him the best.

formermbcouns
01-22-2008, 10:27 PM

I should have said that he was an awesome hs qb. I don't know what kind of major college qb he would make. But, do we really know how good any hs qb will do in college until he gets there?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Was he the QB a few years back when Bellville won in Marlin by 3, 38-35 in the DQ game of the week?

formermbcouns
01-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Was he the QB a few years back when Bellville won in Marlin by 3, 38-35 in the DQ game of the week?

I can't remember if that was Jeremy or the QB before Jeremy. Jeremy was the QB when Marlin beat Bellville 19-17 in the quarterfinals at Kyle Field. That was one of the best games I have even seen.

Panther One
01-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by formermbcouns
I can't remember if that was Jeremy or the QB before Jeremy. Jeremy was the QB when Marlin beat Bellville 19-17 in the quarterfinals at Kyle Field. That was one of the best games I have even seen.
I was at that game...and the Burnet-Jasper game the next day. Marlin's defense dominated the second half of that game. I also remember Bellville's kicker kicking a VERY long field goal.

formermbcouns
01-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
I was at that game...and the Burnet-Jasper game the next day. Marlin's defense dominated the second half of that game. I also remember Bellville's kicker kicking a VERY long field goal.

Yeah...it was about a 52 yarder the best I remember. Bellville was driving for a possible game-winning field goal but Marlin came up with a huge sack which pretty much sealed the game.

Panther One
01-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Yeah...it was about a 52 yarder the best I remember. Bellville was driving for a possible game-winning field goal but Marlin came up with a huge sack which pretty much sealed the game.
Yeah, and Red Richardson was a stud. He put one hell of a hit on Cody Warner from Burnet earlier that season.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-23-2008, 12:48 AM

Bellvilles kicker had hit from 50 plus yards out, this one would have been from a shorter distance.
I miss the Bellville vs Marlin games from the 1st 3 overtime win for Bellville, to the DQ game of the week in Marlin were Bellville won by 3.

coach
01-23-2008, 12:58 AM
that should have been fairfield marlin that year

Old Tiger
01-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Jeremy is instantly the best athlete at Baylor now.

navscanmaster
01-23-2008, 01:26 AM

You too? I went to both games as well. Brandt Goecke, the WR and place kicker for Bellville kicked a 55 yard field goal, I remember the distance well. It still could have cleared the cross bar from another 5 yards at most. Jess Buenger was the Bellville QB that year, and both kids mentioned were also big studs in baseball, too.

Panther One
01-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
You too? I went to both games as well. Brandt Goecke, the WR and place kicker for Bellville kicked a 55 yard field goal, I remember the distance well. It still could have cleared the cross bar from another 5 yards at most. Jess Buenger was the Bellville QB that year, and both kids mentioned were also big studs in baseball, too.
Yeah, Jess started at A&M, but headed to Rice when the new coaches came in...good player. Travis Schneider, Aggie lineman, also played for Bellville that year.

Old Tiger
01-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Yeah, Jess started at A&M, but headed to Rice when the new coaches came in...good player. Travis Schneider, Aggie lineman, also played for Bellville that year. I remember looking up at travis my sophomore year and was like what the crap? Then he wasn only 240 or 250.

zebrablue2
01-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

Yes.

Dogman_1969
01-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by coach
that should have been Fairfield marlin that year

That should have been Rockdale-Marlin that year. Rockdale lost to Fairfield at WISD when the Tiger punter's knee touched the turf inside his 2 yd line when he caught the snap on a punt. Tigers were a much better team that year and should have went on that night........

Old Tiger
01-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
That should have been Rockdale-Marlin that year. Rockdale lost to Fairfield at WISD when the Tiger punter's knee touched the turf inside his 2 yd line when he caught the snap on a punt. Tigers were a much better team that year and should have went on that night........ Although they showed the replay on the video board and his knee clearly did not touch.

sahen
01-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Jeremy is instantly the best athlete at Baylor now.

i dont know about that...Robert Griffin coming in this year is the number 4 dual threat QB in the nation according to rivals, and Kirby Freeman was really good in high school as well is transfering from Miami, i think he was top 10 dual threat out of highschool as well....Also a wideout Gettis also runs the 400m for Baylor and he was all everything in high school as well....Baylor has a lot of good athletes the problem is they arent a ton of them on the lines and that can make the whole team look bad, however this past year the problem was the quarterback and that should be fixed w/ all the new ones we are bringing in....

coach
01-23-2008, 01:24 PM
That should have been Rockdale-Marlin that year. Rockdale lost to Fairfield at WISD when the Tiger punter's knee touched the turf inside his 2 yd line when he caught the snap on a punt. Tigers were a much better team that year and should have went on that night........

wasnt that like in the 3rd qrt

eagles_victory
01-23-2008, 01:25 PM
That should have been Rockdale-Marlin that year. Rockdale lost to Fairfield at WISD when the Tiger punter's knee touched the turf inside his 2 yd line when he caught the snap on a punt. Tigers were a much better team that year and should have went on that night........ LOL yall were clearly the better team that is laughable.

Bull19
01-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

goeke was not close to being called a "stud" in baseball. however he was one of the better athletes to come through bellville. had some of the best hands to ever play at bellville and he was super quick.

injuredinmelee
01-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Hey that sounds like VY :p

yeah but it got him a RING and a fat contract.

zeke
01-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Have to disagree with Dogman and Go Blue.
Go Blue, Go find a copy of the game film. I happen to have a copy. Pause the tape and you'll see that the punt was hiked a full yard short of the punter. The punter dropped his left knee to the ground and with both arms fully extended caught the ball off the ground. His knee was definitely on the ground when the ball hit his hands. His movement off the ground to an erect position was very quick and I can see where at full speed it it might look differently but the zebras got that call right.
Dogman, except for the scoring drive in the 2nd quarter which started at the 50 yardline, Fairfield's defense limited Rockdales offense to only about 4-5 1st downs the entire game. On their lone scoring drive the tailback cut back across the grain for a 25 yard scoring run. They only advanced it past the 50 yard line on that one scoring series the entire game and Fairfield sacked the Rockdale QB at least 6 times on passing attempts.
Fairfield on the other hand drove the length of the field several times. In fact down to the 6 yard line on one drive, but the OC called 3 straight passing plays, with 2 attemps resulting in sacks. Fairfield ended up missing on that field goal attempt as well. A similiar thing happend in the following game against Bellville where in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left in the game Fairfield was 6 yards from paydirt and the OC called a pass play on 1st down but our QB threw an interception. We lost that game by 3 points.
Rocdale had an very talented team in 2003, no doubt, but Fairfield had a lot of great athletes that year as well and could have gone farther in the playoffs with better playcalling.

Adidas410s
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
yeah but it got him a RING and a fat contract.
get that money Vince! :)

Jack_Daniels
01-24-2008, 10:45 PM
At least JMO can play something else if QB dont work out. Griffin can too and run track. The rest re outta luck if they dont play qb.