PDA

View Full Version : Day Of The Dead Remake

maroonpirate04
01-22-2008, 02:53 PM
After a poor screening of the film the movie got booted from theatical release to direct-to-dvd it's release date is April 8th, Film critics are saying this is the worst acting by big names in Hollywood Nick Cannon, Ving Rhames (Dawn Of The Dead..2004), and Mena Suvari. This ranks as one the worst zombie movies ever made. So don't bother looking for it on the big screen. They ruined George A. Romero's classic:( On a happy note George's latest zombie film" Diary Of The Dead" is showing great reviews by critics and sure will have a great showing at the box-office

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2008, 02:56 PM
As a Zombie Fanatic I have never been looking forward to it after seeing a trailer for it. BAD story, BAD zombies( they jump, FRIGGIN JUMP!!!) and bad acting

maroonpirate04
01-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Also with the release of the remake "Prom Night" here's something interesting a film called "Dance Of The Dead" something like Buffy meets Dawn Of The Dead. On the night of the high school prom , the dead rise to eat the living and the only people who can stop them are the losers who couldn't get a dates to the dance. Alot of unknown actors no word yet if its direct-to-dvd or a theatrical release:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2008, 03:23 PM
I want to see Diary of The Dead

piratebg
01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
I told you guys a long time back that this remake was gonna be horrible. I called it.

On the other hand, the previews and early reviews of Diary of the Dead look very promising. George Romero is my hero. :D Well, at least one of my heroes.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I told you guys a long time back that this remake was gonna be horrible. I called it.

On the other hand, the previews and early reviews of Diary of the Dead look very promising. George Romero is my hero. :D Well, at least one of my heroes.

Oh I knew after I saw first trailer and then they tried to say, oh that was not a trailer but some unpolished scenes to show at a birthday party...RIGHT

maroonpirate04
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
I hope he continues making zombie movies :) after the release of this film, I love his vision of zombie flicks I think he was the first to ever bring out something that Hollywood hasn't tried in making you actually wonder if this could really happen, also started the trend of bringing back zombie films which started back in the early 1900's.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
I hope he continues making zombie movies :) after the release of this film, I love his vision of zombie flicks I think he was the first to ever bring out something that Hollywood hasn't tried in making you actually wonder if this could really happen, also started the trend of bringing back zombie films which started back in the early 1900's.

I agree...BUT

IMO He got full of himself in Land Of The Dead and was WAY to over the top with his political message

I know when he did Dawn of The Dead it was all metaphor for the crass consumer maddness in America at that time, and Day of The Dead was a message about America in the 80's..But come on George we watched for the zombies, not the message

The ending of Land Of The Dead IMO was stupid and really hurt the series

maroonpirate04
01-23-2008, 03:10 AM
Saw the trailer to "Diary Of The Dead" looks freakin awesome :clap: can't wait its set to be released Feb. 15th