PDA

View Full Version : We here in Marlin will be fine, don't worry about us, Please!

cunbed10
10-06-2003, 08:10 AM
District will tell the tell, for all the non-believers, sit and watch, and for all the true fans enjoy, we are about to raise the level of play, and I know people are watching our progress, even after 1-4 we are still the topic.
We believe, dosen't matter if they don't, we got each other Bulldogs, so let's do it together, the new season starts 10Oct03.

olddawggreen
10-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Go get em guys, Im still a believer!

Tanglefoot
10-06-2003, 08:53 PM
I am very close to someone at the high school in Marlin. She is a very wonderful person and a great supporter of Marlin football. Therefore, I am for Marlin. Best of luck to you in District play.

PAINTBALL
10-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Looks like David only stunned Goliath, and when he woke up he beat the crap out of David. That's the problem with an upset and then playing the same team the next year. Two upsets in back to back years are very, very rare.

Regardless, I was very impressed with Marlin's natural talent when I saw them play in Burnet. I still feel Marlin has as much natural talent as any other Div 2 team in Texas. If the kids put the team together, they will be a team to worry about in the playoff's. Good Luck.

BurnetBandRules
10-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Cunbed10: You talk like they are playing as a team, which they have obviously not done in the past few games. I think that this is where Marlin comes short of a possibly awesome season. The talent is there, the coaching is almost there but does that really matter if the "family" isn't there? In my opinion, I don't believe that is will work. Marlin could do some awesome things if they would realize this. The Coaches need to practice performing, not practice practicing. If Marlin can get this cleaned up, then Div. 2 better watch out because there will me some purple dawgs looking for revenge :-)

cunbed10
10-07-2003, 08:50 AM
BurnetBandRules:
Cunbed10: You talk like they are playing as a team, which they have obviously not done in the past few games. I think that this is where Marlin comes short of a possibly awesome season. The talent is there, the coaching is almost there but does that really matter if the "family" isn't there? In my opinion, I don't believe that is will work. Marlin could do some awesome things if they would realize this. The Coaches need to practice performing, not practice practicing. If Marlin can get this cleaned up, then Div. 2 better watch out because there will me some purple dawgs looking for revenge :-)Just watch the late night scores and witness this turnaround, I'm sure you will be impressed.