PDA

View Full Version : My re-allignment prediction

CenTexSports
01-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Based on many hours of contemplation and exhaustive research, the following is my recommendation for re-allignment.

There will be four districts for 3a.

District #1 - Brownwood, Liberty Hill, Celina and Gilmer.

District #2 - A voluntary district for teams that want to play in a non-competitive district just to let their boys have the experience of playing football.

District #3 - All 3a teams east of I35.

District #4 - All Teams west of I35.

The winner of District #1 gets a bye into the Div 1 state game.
Second place in District #1 gets a bye into the Div 2 state game.
Third place in District #1 gets a bye into the semi-finals of Div 1.
Fourth place in District #1 gets a bye into the semi-final of Div 2.

Districts #3 & #4 will have a round robin single elimination tournament to get to play in the semi-finals.

All participants in District #2 get a participation ribbon and all players must play at least one series on both offense and defense every game.

Comments are encourged!

LH Panther Mom
01-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
All participants in District #2 get a participation ribbon and all players must play at least one series on both offense and defense every game.

I liked it until this comment. :hand: :hand: They should get a participation TROPHY. :p

Runnin Panther
01-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Based on many hours of contemplation and exhaustive research, the following is my recommendation for re-allignment.

District #2 - A voluntary district for teams that want to play in a non-competitive district just to let their boys have the experience of playing football.

Districts #3 & #4 will have a round robin single elimination tournament to get to play in the semi-finals.

Comments are encourged!

Sounds perfect to me, you need to contact UIL immediately so they can take you proposal under advisement.

However I must warn you, Snyder folks will be upset they are not in District 1.

Texasfootball2
01-22-2008, 11:06 AM

Comments are encourged!

I guess the teams in District 1 are playing for the right to play Abilene Wylie in the finals:D

CenTexSports
01-22-2008, 11:09 AM
I figured that Snyder would want to be in District #2 so that when they did not win state they could have bragged that they would have won state if they had wanted to.