PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Murphy A Prophet?

Old Tiger
01-22-2008, 06:34 AM
Prince Akeem: Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?
Cleo McDowell: No, I didn't.
Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.
Cleo McDowell: Son.
Akeem: Yes?
Cleo: If you want to keep working here, stay off the drugs.
Akeem: Yes.

I think so.

JR2004
01-22-2008, 09:01 AM
I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning and they played that clip on Mike & Mike when they had Giants punter Jeff Feagles on. Pretty funny to hear it.

westtxfballfan
01-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Eddie needed the laugh he's getting from the Coming to America quote, since he also just got 8 nominations for worst movie, actor, etc. for 2007.

From an AP story yesterday: "Murphy's "Norbit," released amid a film-honors season that earned Murphy an Academy Awards nomination for "Dreamgirls" last year, received eight Razzie nominations, five of them for Murphy alone, more than anyone has ever gotten in a single year."

"Besides worst picture, "Norbit" had nominations for Murphy as worst actor in the title role, supporting actress as Norbit's beefy wife, supporting actor as an Asian man and worst screen couple for Norbit opposite either of Murphy's other characters. Murphy also shared a screenplay nomination for co-writing "Norbit."

"We decided that each of his characters was so offensive that he deserved individual nominations," said Razzies founder John Wilson."

Old Tiger
01-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Eddie needed the laugh he's getting from the Coming to America quote, since he also just got 8 nominations for worst movie, actor, etc. for 2007.

From an AP story yesterday: "Murphy's "Norbit," released amid a film-honors season that earned Murphy an Academy Awards nomination for "Dreamgirls" last year, received eight Razzie nominations, five of them for Murphy alone, more than anyone has ever gotten in a single year."

"Besides worst picture, "Norbit" had nominations for Murphy as worst actor in the title role, supporting actress as Norbit's beefy wife, supporting actor as an Asian man and worst screen couple for Norbit opposite either of Murphy's other characters. Murphy also shared a screenplay nomination for co-writing "Norbit."

"We decided that each of his characters was so offensive that he deserved individual nominations," said Razzies founder John Wilson." Eddie Murphy now sucks. But early in his career he was up there with Richard Pryor.

Maroon87
01-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Eddie Murphy now sucks. But early in his career he was up there with Richard Pryor.

"Raw" was Eddie Murphy at his absolute peak, back around 86 or 87. The guy even had a hit song back then for crying out loud...:doh:

Old Tiger
01-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
"Raw" was Eddie Murphy at his absolute peak, back around 86 or 87. The guy even had a hit song back then for crying out loud...:doh: I thin Delirious was better than Raw. Don't forget 48 Hours too.

pirate4state
01-22-2008, 03:33 PM
I thin Delirious was better than Raw. Don't forget 48 Hours too. I think so too.

Delirious was just "i can't breaf" funny :D

Maroon87
01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
I thin Delirious was better than Raw. Don't forget 48 Hours too.

What I meant is...after "Raw" he kinda hit the skids in terms of getting people into theaters.

piratebg
01-22-2008, 04:18 PM
NORBIT SUCKED in every freakin way possible. I miss the old Eddie.

SWMustang
01-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
"Raw" was Eddie Murphy at his absolute peak, back around 86 or 87. The guy even had a hit song back then for crying out loud...:doh:

my girl wants to party all the time.... His singing was not very good - it was what you would hear on the first week of American Idol.

raider red 2000
01-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
my girl wants to party all the time.... His singing was not very good - it was what you would hear on the first week of American Idol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5LX16zia2k