PDA

View Full Version : State_in_08, RattlerDude, rattlesnake08 and friends....

navscanmaster
01-22-2008, 01:34 AM
dudes, where in the heck did you guys go? Seems like you all had something to say during the football season, and not only about Navasota related stuff. You guys were pretty involved in the downlow board, and a few days after the LH game, you all just disappeared. Better start showing face again, or buff4life and Go Blue might start up with the bandwagonners thing again come September, and none of us want to hear that again.

Old Tiger
01-22-2008, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
dudes, where in the heck did you guys go? Seems like you all had something to say during the football season, and not only about Navasota related stuff. You guys were pretty involved in the downlow board, and a few days after the LH game, you all just disappeared. Better start showing face again, or buff4life and Go Blue might start up with the bandwagonners thing again come September, and none of us want to hear that again. obviously i was correct :D

include the caldwell posters in that too.

navscanmaster
01-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
obviously i was correct :D

include the caldwell posters in that too.

I'm holding out hope on these guys, man. Give 'em 24 hours. At least HEMOTOXIC and myself have stayed around, albeit the talk is rather slow this time of year.

LH Panther Mom
01-22-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm holding out hope on these guys, man. Give 'em 24 hours. At least HEMOTOXIC and myself have stayed around, albeit the talk is rather slow this time of year.
Don't hold your breath waiting on rattlesnake08. :eek:

State_In_08
01-22-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm still here trying to perfect my signature banner

Bull19
01-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by State_In_08
I'm still here trying to perfect my signature banner

i dont see how that makes it a tradition??? (your sig)

HEMOTOXIC
01-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
i dont see how that makes it a tradition??? (your sig)

He hasn't included the other years on there.....especially for basketball not included perenial power Lady Rattlers

j_dog
01-22-2008, 12:10 PM
they are all too busy getting ready for baseball. ;)

buff4life
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
or they're just proving my point lol...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Navasota 2006-2007 Baseball District Champs? I thought Bellville was the #1 seed in Baseball last year.

navscanmaster
01-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Navasota 2006-2007 Baseball District Champs? I thought Bellville was the #1 seed in Baseball last year.

He did say he was trying to perfect it still. I am not sure about who was district champs last season myself, I kind of lost track of Rattler Baseball after Scott Martin and company graduated.

And there is a lot of tradition at least in basketball around here. We expect to win every game in district. When I was playing basketball, we were in 18-4A with Waller, Willis, Brenham, Magnolia, Montgomery, Caney Creek, and Oak Ridge. We were still winning district championships. It is just our sport. Football and baseball are up and down sports. We seem to be up in football right now, don't know about baseball.

ProudHornetMom
01-22-2008, 09:15 PM
[include the caldwell posters in that too. [/B][/QUOTE]

:wave: I'm still here.

buff4life
01-22-2008, 09:59 PM
seems like you're the one and only...

HEMOTOXIC
01-22-2008, 11:15 PM
He did say he was trying to perfect it still. I am not sure about who was district champs last season myself, I kind of lost track of Rattler Baseball after Scott Martin and company graduated.

And there is a lot of tradition at least in basketball around here. We expect to win every game in district. When I was playing basketball, we were in 18-4A with Waller, Willis, Brenham, Magnolia, Montgomery, Caney Creek, and Oak Ridge. We were still winning district championships. It is just our sport. Football and baseball are up and down sports. We seem to be up in football right now, don't know about baseball.

Your right, we still managed to win district titles even against schools twice our size....

NastySlot
01-22-2008, 11:37 PM

I seem to remember even the years that navasota wasn't winning district titles in basketball they were the only team challenging the ones that would win it........it seem that every time someone in that area had the "their best" team to come through they usually loss once to navasota............ie...willis, waller, brenham and oakridge. hey what years did you play? maybe i saw you play................once heard one of the funniest things a basketball coach could say.....the caney creek coach after getting stomped in the pit.....made a comment loud enough for players and fans to hear......"that's ok we got them at our place next round........the result same as the first meeting." I remember watching some good rattler and a&m consol games when consol was 4A.

HEMOTOXIC
01-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I seem to remember even the years that navasota wasn't winning district titles in basketball they were the only team challenging the ones that would win it........it seem that every time someone in that area had the "their best" team to come through they usually loss once to navasota............ie...willis, waller, brenham and oakridge. hey what years did you play? maybe i saw you play................once heard one of the funniest things a basketball coach could say.....the caney creek coach after getting stomped in the pit.....made a comment loud enough for players and fans to hear......"that's ok we got them at our place next round........the result same as the first meeting." I remember watching some good rattler and a&m consol games when consol was 4A.

Oh, I remember in 93 or 94 when A&M and Navasota battled for the district championship in College Station...What a game that was....the other NHS/A&M games were pretty intense as well on the basketball court..

navscanmaster
01-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Yeah, we played a round-robin tourney up at Consol one year I was in High School, and I know we beat Consol, but I think we lost to one of the other teams (Strake Jesuit or Houston Prep or one of those.)

RATTLER DUDE, come out from hiding man! I also haven't seen NHSRattler60 in a while either. Surely he is still following the board.

State_In_08
01-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah, we were District Co-Champs with Bellville last year... right now baseball is up, we've made playoffs 5 years straight w/ the district championship last year for the first time in 15 years. Looking up...

I know those numbers dont show tradition... I can't find a way to fit all of the good stuff in there. Especially the girls basketball having 5 (soon to be 6) straight district titles, 56 straight district wins, and a 62 game home winning streak.

NastySlot
01-24-2008, 02:16 PM
one of the saddest things about the move from brule field to new stadium is that the wall with the playoff success couldn't have been moved to the new stadium.........and the walk down the steps........hey does old coach jackson still watch the dressing rooms?................i love coach jackson he's a good man.

navscanmaster
01-24-2008, 05:18 PM
one of the saddest things about the move from brule field to new stadium is that the wall with the playoff success couldn't have been moved to the new stadium.........and the walk down the steps........hey does old coach jackson still watch the dressing rooms?................i love coach jackson he's a good man.

They kind of have this "tunnel" now that goes under the east endzone concession/restrooms that the Rattlers enter in through. But, no, it is in no means comparable to the steps.

LH Panther Mom
01-24-2008, 05:19 PM
I also haven't seen NHSRattler60 in a while either. Surely he is still following the board.
The "word" is he's kind of busy. ;)

HEMOTOXIC
01-24-2008, 11:10 PM

Yes, both Coach Jackson and Coach (Mrs.) Jackson still greet the visitors as they arrive at the stadium.

striker
01-25-2008, 01:25 AM
They kind of have this "tunnel" now that goes under the east endzone concession/restrooms that the Rattlers enter in through. But, no, it is in no means comparable to the steps.

Here is a pic...

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5816/dsc1163sh1.th.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc1163sh1.jpg)

striker
01-25-2008, 01:31 AM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1280/img1576cp8.th.jpg (http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1576cp8.jpg)

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9674/dsc0983ue0.th.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0983ue0.jpg)

venomous tat2
01-25-2008, 10:25 AM

I remember that comment too I was the freshmen coach at that time he ( reggie childress was very serious ) he didn't know much about rattler basketball then , lol

navscanmaster
01-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
I remember that comment too I was the freshmen coach at that time he ( reggie childress was very serious ) he didn't know much about rattler basketball then , lol

That wasn't the time we beat them 91-27 at their place, was it?

venomous tat2
01-26-2008, 05:28 PM
the freshmen did and I only has 6 players then the rest were gone due to grades Childress was mad with me but what was I supposed to do we didn't press just played half court D and we didn't shoot any layups the 2nd half .