PDA

View Full Version : Life After People on the History Channel

hawkfan
01-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Anybody watch this? I thought it was pretty interesting, especially about the part that says in 1,000 years there would hardly any trace that there had ever been human beings on earth. Which makes me wonder, what if there was intelligent life on earth before us but there whole civilizations crumbled into nothing. Makes you wonder.

wildstangs
01-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Great show. Definitely had some interesting predictions.

sahen
01-21-2008, 11:21 PM
the buildings and such may be gone but we'd know if there was an organism on earth that was somewhat intelligent in the fossil record...the dinosaurs didnt jsut disappear ya know, we'd prolly want to know why there was a heck of a lot of a certain type of organism running around...

i missed the show though, however on the history channel they will show it plenty of times so im sure i'll catch it eventually...

RMAC
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Encore on Wed. January 23 at 8 PM.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Encore on Wed. January 23 at 8 PM.

That's 7:00 PM for those of us with central time. ;)

Phil C
01-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
That's 7:00 PM for those of us with central time. ;)

That conflict's with American Idol. :(

Fal44
01-22-2008, 11:01 AM
ill be sure to tune in seems pretty interesting...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
In instances like this, I prefer enlightenment over entertainment. It was a really good show, I really enjoyed it.

Phil C
01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
In instances like this, I prefer enlightenment over entertainment. It was a really good show, I really enjoyed it.

:eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2008, 03:57 PM
:eek:

I think you would enjoy it just as much, if not more than the great Tour de France, Phil. A man of your taste for high quality television would relish in such a rare opportunity to watch great quality programming.

AP Panther Fan
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I haven't seen the program, but it sounds interesting. I just recently got the National Geographic channel and I am really liking it in HD.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-22-2008, 04:07 PM

I guess I'll miss it then, cause my old lady is gonna be watching American Idol.

Phil C
01-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I think you would enjoy it just as much, if not more than the great Tour de France, Phil. A man of your taste for high quality television would relish in such a rare opportunity to watch great quality programming.

You may be right. Last night's American Idol was not one of their best ones. Usually it is very good but not last night. :(

SWMustang
01-24-2008, 04:33 PM
I highly recommend it. The top of the food chain in the decaying big cities will be cats. The computer animation was very well done.

Ranger Mom
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
You may be right. Last night's American Idol was not one of their best ones. Usually it is very good but not last night. :(

I am right the opposite of everyone, it seems.

The audition shows are alright, but I like it much better when it gets down to the top 12 or so!!

Phil C
01-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am right the opposite of everyone, it seems.

The audition shows are alright, but I like it much better when it gets down to the top 12 or so!!

My wife likes the show even much more than I do but she agreed that last night wasn't as good as the first three this year so far.

Ranger Mom
01-24-2008, 04:38 PM
My wife likes the show even much more than I do but she agreed that last night wasn't as good as the first three this year so far.

I missed the first 5-10 minutes!! Did I miss the audition where Simon was holding the girl's puppy??

Sorry...didn't mean to hijack the thread!!:(

Phil C
01-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I missed the first 5-10 minutes!! Did I miss the audition where Simon was holding the girl's puppy??

I don't think they had that on the show last night. Maybe next week.