PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield Takes A Bite At Box Office

maroonpirate04
01-21-2008, 02:40 PM
The movie that didn't have a title for months until the release date made a name for itself this past weekend. "Cloverfield" like other monster movies "Godzilla" and "King Kong" in the past. Joins the elite group to be the box office champ. And producers already talks of a sequel in the future. The film took in $41.0 million in its opening weekend. Now to see if these film can live up to its name with the release of Rambo this coming this weekend. Can Rambo gun down the creature from the top? also look for Untraceable. And in the tradition of "Honey", "Stomp The Yard", and " You've Got Served" comes another film " How She Move" and a comedy "Meet The Spartans" mocking 300

Emerson1
01-21-2008, 02:43 PM
I hope meet the spartans isn't as bad as Epic Movie. That was the worst movie I have ever seen.

Adidas410s
01-21-2008, 03:01 PM
I heard that Cloverfield was terrible from a few people that went to see it.

FutureAD
01-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I hope meet the spartans isn't as bad as Epic Movie. That was the worst movie I have ever seen.

o man i saw epic movie that movie was HORRIBLE!!!...i laughed maybe one or two times but not at the movie because it was just that horrible

piratebg
01-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Most of the people who I know hated the movie complained about motion sickness and stuff like that. They were pretty much the same group that hated the Blair Witch Project when it came out. I loved the BWP so I take their opinions with a grain of salt. :)

Blitzkrieg
01-21-2008, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't take my chances on meet the spartans, reminds me a lot of Epic Movie and well you know how that turned out. I watched 20 minutes of Epic movie before i turned it off, it was honestly the worst movie i had ever seen, just randomized crap after crap.

Cats Fan
01-21-2008, 04:14 PM
2 types of people that went to go see Cloverfield.....

1. The die hard fan that was hooked on it since the first preview in transformers. BTW we had a running poll on what the monster was gonna look like: top choises were Hillary Clinton's ego and Lindsey Lohans crotch!....we were still debating Hillary Clinton as the monster in disguise, but Lindsey Lohans crotch does have perasites that fall off of it.

2. The ones that were curious about what some people were saying about cloverfield.

If you fall into group #1 then you will love it.

If you fall into group #2, then, chances are you wont like it.

rockdale80
01-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Cats Fan

1. The die hard fan that was hooked on it since the first preview in transformers. BTW we had a running poll on what the monster was gonna look like: top choises were Hillary Clinton's ego and Lindsey Lohans crotch!....we were still debating Hillary Clinton as the monster in disguise, but Lindsey Lohans crotch does have perasites that fall off of it.

2. The ones that were curious about what some people were saying about cloverfield.

I like your choise of spelling:clap: :clap:

Emerson1
01-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I heard that Cloverfield was terrible from a few people that went to see it.
The only negative things I have heard about it was wimps getting motion sickness from the camera moving. I didn't even notice it that much.

setxsports
01-21-2008, 04:46 PM
I loved it!

Blitzkrieg
01-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by **********
I loved it!
and i thought i was the only one, :D

Starburst
01-21-2008, 06:34 PM

I consider myself a part of group 1 and I hated it

Emerson1
01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Starburst
I consider myself a part of group 1 and I hated it
What didn't you like about it?

setxsports
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
No kidding! it was different and focused on a group of people and not the whole Country.

Emerson1
01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=201291045&blogID=337887356

Apparently Jason was a fantasy football follower.

JJ Abrams and Co. seriously went all out on this movie. The main characters have myspaces and everything.

iknoweverything
01-21-2008, 07:06 PM
it was one of the worst movies i have ever seen. it bugged me that we dont find out where the monster came from why it was there how it got there. It was a love story with a monster in it.

setxsports
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
BS

Emerson1
01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/faq#.2.1.35

With the money this made I think it's safe to say there will be another one.

And did anyone else see the monster fall out of the sky when they were at Coney Island?

Emerson1
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
it was one of the worst movies i have ever seen. it bugged me that we dont find out where the monster came from why it was there how it got there. It was a love story with a monster in it.
What do you think the best movie ever is?

iknoweverything
01-21-2008, 07:16 PM
What do you think the best movie ever is?

i dont know i just didnt really like this, you dont have to agree or disagree its just my opinion. Im sure there will be another one. I wish it would explain the monster a bit more thats really the reason i didnt like it

Buccaneer
01-21-2008, 07:19 PM
i dont know i just didnt really like this, you dont have to agree or disagree its just my opinion. Im sure there will be another one. I wish it would explain the monster a bit more thats really the reason i didnt like it

Come on, you know everything!

iknoweverything
01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
jj abrams really pisses me off with leaving people hanging and guessing after you watch his stuff.

Emerson1
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
I guess you don't watch Lost then huh?

iknoweverything
01-21-2008, 07:32 PM
I guess you don't watch Lost then huh?

no i watched lost i actually like it but it just drives me crazy.

Cats Fan
01-21-2008, 09:21 PM
take it youve never been to slusho, or 1-18-08 or any of the other viral sites that were developed with the release of the previews....or that you were able to piece all of the clues together....

iknoweverything
01-21-2008, 09:37 PM
take it youve never been to slusho, or 1-18-08 or any of the other viral sites that were developed with the release of the previews....or that you were able to piece all of the clues together....

yes i went to all that and im aware of everything that happend. So because i said i didnt like it that means i didnt get the movie???

Blastoderm55
01-21-2008, 09:48 PM
My fiancee concurs with the "it sucked" verdict. I liked it. The theater workers earned their pay today after cleaning up a nice dose of puke. Not ours, thankfully.

Emerson1
01-21-2008, 10:00 PM
yes i went to all that and im aware of everything that happend. So because i said i didnt like it that means i didnt get the movie???
No, you said you didn't get it

iknoweverything
01-21-2008, 10:14 PM
show me a link that is a fact of how the monster got there, origins, why it was attacking, what the little things falling off of it are that is not a theory. I know abrams said it lived in the sea. Show me that.

setxsports
01-21-2008, 10:22 PM
I saw it today and there were little monsters falling off the main one.

iknoweverything
01-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by **********
I saw it today and there were little monsters falling off the main one.

im not even going to say anything

JHS_c/o_06'
01-21-2008, 10:47 PM
The story is, according to the viral marketing sites, is that what fell out of the sky was not the monster. It was a satellite. The monster was disturbed during an oil drilling that a Japanese company operating off the eastern sea board. The monster followed the oil rig into New York. Saw the city/statue as a threat and went crazy. Took out the tanker and decided to take out the city. It's not an alien, it's a sea monster. The reason it didn't die after being bombed was that having to live so deep in the ocean, it's skin/shell had to withstand a crap ton of pressure. The little things attached to it were parasites on the monster, which is very common with deep sea creatures. There is ALOT about our seas that we don't know. I think it's said we know more about space then we do our own oceans. So it's a very possible story actually.

Starburst
01-22-2008, 02:44 AM
What didn't you like about it?

I didnt like the ending, the camera shots really didnt bother me. Just to many unanswered questions at the end.

Starburst
01-22-2008, 02:45 AM

:clap: lol, my friends gf called it a guys version of a "chick flick"

Blitzkrieg
01-22-2008, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
The story is, according to the viral marketing sites, is that what fell out of the sky was not the monster. It was a satellite. The monster was disturbed during an oil drilling that a Japanese company operating off the eastern sea board. The monster followed the oil rig into New York. Saw the city/statue as a threat and went crazy. Took out the tanker and decided to take out the city. It's not an alien, it's a sea monster. The reason it didn't die after being bombed was that having to live so deep in the ocean, it's skin/shell had to withstand a crap ton of pressure. The little things attached to it were parasites on the monster, which is very common with deep sea creatures. There is ALOT about our seas that we don't know. I think it's said we know more about space then we do our own oceans. So it's a very possible story actually.
An Add in that the monster was only a baby....

According to one of the directors

*SOMEWHAT SPOILERS!*

when hud was filming on the bridge if you look closely there is another guy with a cam corder recording as well and if there is ever to be a sequel or prequel to be made, he hinted that it would follow the story line of the mystery recorder.

iknoweverything
01-22-2008, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
An Add in that the monster was only a baby....

According to one of the directors

*SOMEWHAT SPOILERS!*

when hud was filming on the bridge if you look closely there is another guy with a cam corder recording as well and if there is ever to be a sequel or prequel to be made, he hinted that it would follow the story line of the mystery recorder.

yes im sure there were a ton of people recording what was going on and if there was a sequal there is a lot of speculation that it will be from a different point of view.

maroonpirate04
01-22-2008, 04:04 AM
While most of you are debating about the film most critics seem to loved the movie and it's worth watching. I enjoyed the film and you can bet that this will be one of my top dvd purchases in '08 :) once its released later in the year.

iknoweverything
01-22-2008, 04:15 AM
the thing about jj abrams work is that it is damn good for debate and speculation. Although i didnt like the movie i cant stop reading forums about it and things like that. Did any of you see the japanese news cast where a oil rig was attacked in the ocean while the slusho people were watching from a helicopter?

Emerson1
01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
While most of you are debating about the film most critics seem to loved the movie and it's worth watching. I enjoyed the film and you can bet that this will be one of my top dvd purchases in '08 :) once its released later in the year.
I don't think it would be any good on DVD unless you have a big screen and good sound system.

Cats Fan
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
the thing about jj abrams work is that it is damn good for debate and speculation. Although i didnt like the movie i cant stop reading forums about it and things like that. Did any of you see the japanese news cast where a oil rig was attacked in the ocean while the slusho people were watching from a helicopter?

Apparently this is what actually disturbed the monster to come out of his coma.....thats where the magic formula comes from dont ya know!

sweetwater07
01-22-2008, 09:39 PM
if i had to guess, i would imagine that most of the ppl that saw this movie just wanted to see wth was jacking NYC up, the poster and trailers even made me a bit curious

D_bird
01-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I believe there is a reason we do not know much about the monster from the movie...

Think about it, this movie is kind of from a first person point of view, if you are in this situation you will not know anything about the monster until you see it. The movie is about people being in and trying to escape a very perilous situation while at the same time involving a love story.

I have to admit, I enjoyed the movie

formermbcouns
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
It had a few ok moments, but pretty cheesy I thought.

maroonpirate04
01-23-2008, 12:31 AM
I don't think it would be any good on DVD unless you have a big screen and good sound system.

Oh as matter of fact i have a big screen with a cool sound system now in the process of getting a projecter to get the bigger screen it'll feel like im back in the theater:D Perhaps set it up outdoors in my backyard invite couple of my friends with lawn chairs ;)