PDA

View Full Version : Pacman: I want to go to Dallas!!

PHS Wildcats
01-20-2008, 02:58 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/34390

from cnnsi news and rumors.

Pacman: 'I want to go to Dallas'

Posted: Saturday January 19, 2008 08:09AM ET
Coach Jeff Fisher on Friday said the Titans still haven't decided on the future of suspended cornerback Pacman Jones. Jones apparently isn't going to be upset if he's not back in Tennessee. Appearing in a video shot by rollingout.com, Jones responds to a question about where he will be in 2-3 years. "Hopefully 2 Pro Bowls. Hopefully I can get out of Tennessee. I want to go to Dallas," Jones said. "So we'll see how it goes and I am just going to keep my head up.'' It's unclear when the video was shot, though it's believed it was filmed several months ago and was just posted on the site.

Jerra has a history of giving troubled players second/third chances.

Thoughts??

Emerson1
01-20-2008, 02:59 PM
If he had kept himself out of trouble and out of the strip clubs since he was suspended I would say ya. But it's obvious he will just screw up again once he gets here.

Matthew328
01-20-2008, 03:17 PM
too many strip clubs here....I can see him at Dallas Gentlemans Club now

Emerson1
01-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Can teams put a "If you violate these rules your contract becomes void and you have to pay back all you earned here" clauses?

kaorder1999
01-20-2008, 04:12 PM
bring him on!

Macarthur
01-20-2008, 06:35 PM
The only way I would be okay with it is if it is low signing bonus and periodical roster bonuses so that he has that carrot out there that he has to work towards. That way, if he screws up, JJ can cut him with minimal impact on the future.

However, there are a couple of options at that position in FA. Trufant and A. Samuels. Those are going to require big money so you might could get pacman more on the cheap.

Emerson1
01-20-2008, 06:37 PM
He would be signed at the league minimum, that has a minimal impact if any on other players.

coach
01-20-2008, 08:07 PM
this is a typical jerry jones kinda guy

Astrosdawg07
01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
This guy hasn't played in an NFL game for a full year and that bothers me...But if he comes back as the player he was, it sure would help our secondary.

Emerson1
01-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
This guy hasn't played in an NFL game for a full year and that bothers me...But if he comes back as the player he was, it sure would help our secondary.
I don't think he would be. I highly doubt he has been working out daily, he probably runs about a 4.5 or higher now.

IHStangFan
01-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by coach
this is a typical jerry jones kinda guy yup

Adidas410s
01-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Can teams put a "If you violate these rules your contract becomes void and you have to pay back all you earned here" clauses?
They can put that in there...but they wouldn't sign that contract. However, a lot of players in various sports have clauses regarding off the field activities (i.e. motorcycles) that can void the agreement or cause the player to pay a penalty.

Jack_Daniels
01-21-2008, 12:29 PM
I say sign him. You need players to win it all. Jones has a history of finding these guys and making them productive players. Sign him Jerry. Just one more brick in the road to the SB. Go Cowboys.

piratebg
01-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He would be signed at the league minimum, that has a minimal impact if any on other players.

I agree. Take on an one year trial basis and see what happens.

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2008, 01:34 PM
unless he gets his life back in order and gets reinstated by the NFL, it's a moot point anyway. And I have a feeling that Goodell would only reinstate Pacman if Pacman truly has changed, but at this point, I'd stay away from him.