PDA

View Full Version : 2-3A is the usual season end confusing jumble

Da Mules
11-03-2002, 11:38 AM
Littlefield plays Brownfield for the district championship; both teams are guaranteed playoff berths regardless of outcome. Brownfield will go D1 regardless of outcome, as the largest school; so the Cubs should play Canyon from 1-3A in round 1. If Littlefield wins, the Wildcats will go as D2 winner; and will most likely play Borger, the predicted 1-3A D2 runnerup. Now the jumble: Assuming Muleshoe beats winless Slaton, and if Dimmitt beats Lubbock Cooper, the Bobcats are in for the first time since 1976, on the tiebreaker over Muleshoe. Da Mules would be out of the playoffs for the first time since 1997. If Cooper beats Dimmitt, Muleshoe is in on the tiebreaker over Cooper. A Littlefield loss and a Cooper win would put Muleshoe in as the D2 winner with tiebreaker over Littlefield. A Littlefield win and a Cooper win would put the Mules up against Perryton, the predicted 1-3A D2 winner. All I can say is GO LUBBOCK COOPER!!!! GO BROWNFIELD CUBS!!!

tors2002
11-03-2002, 11:56 AM
Da Mules, I am shaving my head if Dimmitt beats Cooper. I can't believe that they have even won a game this year. I lived there for a couple of years (97-2000) and I can't remember them winning a game the last 2 years. The first year I was there they had to beat Perryton in the last game of the year to make the playoffs and lost. I hate to say it but I kinda hope they make the playoffs but I bet their Athletic Director/Boys Basketball Coach is silently rooting against them. Let's face it , they willonly go one round deep in the playoffsas well as any other 2-3A team.

On a side note DaMules: I am in for a long winter. Our football team had a rough season and I have a feeling the b-ball team is still rebuilding from a couple of years ago.

Da Mules
11-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Tors, they might have a big sale on WIGS down at South Plains mall; you better check it out :D :D I read on another board that Dimmitt has to beat Cooper by about 30 points to win the tiebreaker against Muleshoe, and I don't think they will win at all, let alone by 30 points. What I will say for the Bobcats though is that they are real scrappers; I never saw them quit against da Mules even when they were down 56-0. I think they also have Muleshoe's number; the only game we lost in 1998 regular season was against Dimmitt and they didn't even make the playoffs that year. I would like to see them make the playoffs too, except not this year at our expense :mad: And you're right about the 2-3A playoff games; any win at all would be a huge upset.

Old Cardinal
11-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Does it look like Canyon and Borger will both advance to the second round?

Matthew328
11-03-2002, 07:29 PM
Actually Brownfield will play Borger in Rd 1...assuming Borger wins this week if they lose then Canyon goes D1...I like Brownfield's chances against Borger if they play

Da Mules
11-03-2002, 09:23 PM
Woops my bad Matt. You're right, Borger is the largest school in 1-3A, so will play Brownfield in D1 if Borger wins this week. Well you never know about a bunch of teenagers playing high school football from week to week....anything could happen this Friday, and double that at playoff time! My best guess scenario: Muleshoe plays Perryton, who should beat Canyon. The Rangers just might want a little revenge for the 50-9 thrashing Muleshoe gave them at their last meeting; da Mules handed the Rangers their helmets and their other ends in 1999. Borger gets Brownfield, who quietly has developed a very good passing game this year, and if Borger's pass defense is not up to par, might be an upset brewing there. Littlefield matches up with Canyon; I know very little about Canyon, Littlefield has shown steady improvement since district opener, has a good quick running back, one of the better passing QB's in 3A Panhandle, and a couple of very good-handed receivers; defense has been their problem.

<small>[ November 03, 2002, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Da Mules ]</small>